PSN Picked a Strange Weekend to Have an Outage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSN Picked a Strange Weekend to Have an Outage

As i was calling to get my Online Id banned for PlayStation as i found out someone was using it that i sold it to i heard on the recording saying there was an outage and have found this article and seems sony is down AGAIN i must say i don't miss the ps3 at all but for sony fans it must suck the network seems to go down every other week.

Good old Error 8071053D is back if you try to sign into PlayStation Network from your PlayStation 3. If you try to log in to a PlayStation web site, you get a page tells you the site is down for maintenance. These outages affect North American servers.

It doesn't appear to be regularly scheduled, as PSN underwent regular maintenance on May 24, and the weekend after E3 would be kind of a bad time for that.

Actually this is the first time it's gone down in a very long time. Stop being an xbox dick rider Jason!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPhantom13 View Post
      Actually this is the first time it's gone down in a very long time. Stop being an xbox dick rider Jason!
      PSN underwent regular maintenance on May 24 if you consider 16 days not long ago sure xbox don't go down for maintenance at all only stating the facts!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
        PSN underwent regular maintenance on May 24 if you consider 16 days not long ago sure xbox don't go down for maintenance at all only stating the facts!
        There's a difference between maintenance and psn going out.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPhantom13 View Post
          There's a difference between maintenance and psn going out.
          Yea i get ya there but are ya able to use the service while its under maintenance or while its out? nope so really even though there two different things there pretty much exactly the same

Comment

Who cares about a few hours maintenance lol.

Most be really addicted to your console if so lol.

Comment

Originally posted by LarsVerb View Post
              Who cares about a few hours maintenance lol.

Most be really addicted to your console if so lol.
              Very addicted all the time that's why i bought the console but then again that's why we pay for live for that stuff not to happen when its a free service you have to allow for these things sometimes either way sony fans love there console and us 360 fans love ours and its always gonna be war even though we are slightly in the lead still but my point was just that it happens to frequently on the ps3 is all 360 was down for maintenance on June 16th 2009 for 2hrs and hasn't been since and sony goes down way more then just a few hrs

PSN down for maintenance Nov 17, 2011

14.00PM until 06.00AM GMT.

April 21, 2011 Playstation Network Down for Maintenance

US PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance - March 4, 2012

The downtime will begin at noon Pacific on Sunday and will last until 2am Pacific Monday

PSN Scheduled Maintenance Monday April 16, 2012

The maintenance will be starting at approximately 6:00 am PDT / 9:00 am EDT. This maintenance will last roughly 13 hours, concluding around 7:00pm PDT / 10:00 pm EDT

Xbox360 Units sold Worldwide: 67.2 million (as of April 19, 2012)
              PS3 Units sold 63.9 million (as of March 31, 2012)
              Last edited by GreenL420; 06-10-2012, 08:05 PM.

Comment

But Who Cares? I seriously do not. If that makes the servers better, then its great.

I have both consoles, and play online on both. I seriously so nearly no difference between them.

and with what ur in the lead? lol

Very addicted all the time that's why i bought the console but then again that's why we pay for live for that stuff not to happen when its a free service you have to allow for these things sometimes either way sony fans love there console and us 360 fans love ours and its always gonna be war even though we are slightly in the lead still but my point was just that it happens to frequently on the ps3 is all 360 was down for maintenance on June 16th 2009 for 2hrs and hasn't been since

PSN down for maintenance Nov 17, 2011

April 21, 2011 Playstation Network Down for Maintenance

US PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance - March 4, 2012

PSN Scheduled Maintenance Monday April 16, 2012

Xbox360 Units sold Worldwide: 67.2 million (as of April 19, 2012)
                PS3 Units sold 63.9 million (as of March 31, 2012)

Comment

But Who Cares? I seriously do not. If that makes the servers better, then its great.

I have both consoles, and play online on both. I seriously so nearly no difference between them.

and with what ur in the lead? lol
                  Well see that's where people vary if i buy a console i don't want down time period and if it does happen i want it to be an hour or two not hrs and hrs and in one case over a month and the lead being in console sales is what i was referring to i have had both consoles as well actually had 3 ps3's and 3 360's don't get me wrong i like the ps3 im not dead against it has great games that i like in which i actually bought a ps3 just to play metal gear solid 4 when it came out way back but my point is come on sony pull your socks up here your console been out since 06 why so much maintenance where as opposed to the 360 only having 1 maintenance window since 2005 that lasted 2hrs.Perhaps im just more of a serious gamer where as if i turn my console on it best be fuckin working or i am not gonna be pleased i know alot of people that feel the same way.
                  Last edited by GreenL420; 06-10-2012, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Well see that's where people vary if i buy a console i don't want down time period and if it does happen i want it to be an hour or two not hrs and hrs and in one case over a month and the lead being in console sales is what i was referring to i have had both consoles as well actually had 3 ps3's and 3 360's don't get me wrong i like the ps3 im not dead against it has great games that i like in which i actually bought a ps3 just to play metal gear solid 4 when it came out way back but my point is come on sony pull your socks up here your console been out since 06 why so much maintenance where as opposed to the 360 only having 1 maintenance window since 2005 that lasted 2hrs.
                    the sales of the ps3 and xbox totally is nearly the same. the xbox sold alot more the first years, the last 2 years ps3 is outselling the xbox.

I dont buy a console, looking which console sold the most. I buy it on which console have the most games I like. its really useless to know which console leads with maybe a few hundred thousands sells lol. just enjoy ur games.

Comment

the sales of the ps3 and xbox totally is nearly the same. the xbox sold alot more the first years, the last 2 years ps3 is outselling the xbox.

I dont buy a console, looking which console sold the most. I buy it on which console have the most games I like. its really useless to know which console leads with maybe a few hundred thousands sells lol. just enjoy ur games.
                      That is incorrect actually though as xbox360 has outsold ps3 in 2010 and 2011 but it seems this year they might surpass them and i factor everything in when buying a console such as sales console appeal accessories and games in which the 360 has many more games that i am intrested in.

February 2010 NPD Results: Xbox 360 Outsells Wii and PS3

January 13, 2011 Xbox 360 Outsells PS3 by 88% During Holidays Alone in U.S.
                      (not to mention the rest of the year)

Comment

Anyways we all just play what we prefer right when it comes down to it and that's all that matters there both great consoles and have there flaws my point was just that this kind off maintenance stuff drives me away from the sony console

Comment

That is incorrect actually though as xbox360 has outsold ps3 in 2010 and 2011 but it seems this year they might surpass them and i factor everything in when buying a console such as sales console appeal accessories and games in which the 360 has many more games that i am intrested in.

February 2010 NPD Results: Xbox 360 Outsells Wii and PS3

January 13, 2011 Xbox 360 Outsells PS3 by 88% During Holidays Alone in U.S.
                          (not to mention the rest of the year)
                          I see on alot sites the Ps3 outsold the xbox and Wii in 2011

Comment

I see on alot sites the Ps3 outself the xbox and Wii in 2011

2011 YTD HARDWARE SALES

TOTAL US EU JP
                            PS3 6.3 2.42 2.79 1.11
                            NDS 5.5 2.67 2.26 0.60
                            360 5.5 3.45 1.98 0.09
                            3DS 5.0 1.42 1.48 2.15
                            WII 4.9 2.36 2.01 0.55
                            PSP 3.9 0.85 1.40 1.60
                            I doubt it would come close to outselling the wii that shit sells more then both 360 and ps3 combined or at least it was at times

Comment

I doubt it would come close to outselling the wii that shit sells more then both 360 and ps3 combined or at least it was at times
                              It sold alot more totally yes, but not last year.

Atleast that is with different sites are saying.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X