PSN Picked a Strange Weekend to Have an Outage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarsVerb View Post
    I sold alot more totally yes, but not last year.
    The March 2012 NPD figures are out for US video game sales, and the industry is looking for any signs that indicate things may be on the up again, following a pretty poor January and February period. It is also the first time in 2012 that included the release of an A-list title, Mass Effect 3.

As NPD no longer releases full hardware sales figures, this feature is reliant on the game companies, namely Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony, to release their set of figures and based on “statement math” (that is, arithmetically calculate missing figures based on statements made). For March 2012, these are the statements made by the gaming companies:

Nintendo revealed that “nearly” 175,000 Wiis were sold in March (via IGN)
    Microsoft revealed 371,000 Xbox 360 units were sold, with 42% of the home based console market share (source)
    Sony did not reveal any figures for the PS3

A little bit of “statement maths” tells us that a little more than 337,000 PS3s were sold.

And so the figures for US sales in February 2012 are below, ranked in order of number of sales (March 2011 figures also shown when available, including percentage change):

Xbox 360: 371,000 (Total: 33.7 million; March 2011: 433,000 – down 14.3%)
    PS3: 337,000 (Total: 20.7 million; March 2011: N/A)
    Wii: 175,000 (Total: 39.3 million; March 2011: 290,000 – down 39.7%)

This stuff is from NPD which says sony didn't release there figure so wonder where these other sites are getting there info

Comment

You know the US is not the only country that counts in the world? lol

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
      The March 2012 NPD figures are out for US video game sales, and the industry is looking for any signs that indicate things may be on the up again, following a pretty poor January and February period. It is also the first time in 2012 that included the release of an A-list title, Mass Effect 3.

As NPD no longer releases full hardware sales figures, this feature is reliant on the game companies, namely Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony, to release their set of figures and based on “statement math” (that is, arithmetically calculate missing figures based on statements made). For March 2012, these are the statements made by the gaming companies:

Nintendo revealed that “nearly” 175,000 Wiis were sold in March (via IGN)
      Microsoft revealed 371,000 Xbox 360 units were sold, with 42% of the home based console market share (source)
      Sony did not reveal any figures for the PS3

A little bit of “statement maths” tells us that a little more than 337,000 PS3s were sold.

And so the figures for US sales in February 2012 are below, ranked in order of number of sales (March 2011 figures also shown when available, including percentage change):

Xbox 360: 371,000 (Total: 33.7 million; March 2011: 433,000 – down 14.3%)
      PS3: 337,000 (Total: 20.7 million; March 2011: N/A)
      Wii: 175,000 (Total: 39.3 million; March 2011: 290,000 – down 39.7%)

This stuff is from NPD which says sony didn't release there figure so wonder where these other sites are getting there info

Comment

You know the US is not the only country that counts in the world? lol
        Considering i am living in Canada yes but i was just displaying the basics of the us console figures as an example if its already beating it in the Us and i know its beating them in Canada then else where is most likely the same expect for japan maybe as we all know they support sony to the fullest so any more figures we can debate cause i see no solid evidence of the ps3 being on top yet?

Comment

Considering i am living in Canada yes but i was just displaying the basics of the us console figures as an example if its already beating it in the Us and i know its beating them in Canada then else where is most likely the same expect for japan maybe as we all know they support sony to the fullest so any more figures we can debate cause i see no solid evidence of the ps3 being on top yet?
          Total world sales of 2011. You can see the diff sales aswell for diff countrys.

Comment

Total world sales of 2011. You can see the diff sales aswell for diff countrys.

Yes i seen that pic but any old person could type something up that looks as bad as that not saying that the numbers are incorrect but whats the url of the site so i can check it out and also you can see like i said japan xbox360 sales are notta which i stated in the last post which is why i was referring to us and canada sales as no one really gives two sweet fucks about japan
            Last edited by GreenL420; 06-10-2012, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Yes i seen that pic but any old person could type something up that looks as bad as that not saying that the numbers are incorrect but whats the url of the site so i can check it out and also you can see like i said japan xbox360 sales are notta which i stated in the last post which is why i was referring to us and canada sales as no one really gives two sweet fucks about japan

BTW There alot different sites with different numers, Looks like the fanboys have taken over de gamesites lol.

Comment

http://www.shoptonews.net/2011/10/28...011-worldwide/

BTW There alot different sites with different numers, Looks like the fanboys have taken over de gamesites lol.
                Yes it sure seems there all posting different things so quite hard to tell although note it also says (Estimated figures) at the top and this is posted by some regular joe literally haha his name is Joe Anderson the sales figures i was posting from was from the npd website which controls all retail things https://www.npd.com/wps/portal/npd/us/home and is a consumer market research analysis group also from the site you posted in the first paragraph it says with NeoGaf translating the figures on the graphs provided as follows so it was a gamer site that put up them figures not an actual research group who specifically do just number research we could go on for days and days and pages and pages without ever finding the real true facts so lets just both agree that both have there flaws and drain our hard earned money lol

Comment

There's no use arguing with Green about this Lars. He's one of the biggest xbox dickriders i have ever known in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPhantom13 View Post
                    There's no use arguing with Green about this Lars. He's one of the biggest xbox dickriders i have ever known in my life.
                    I prefer fanboy lmfao nah i been down with the xbox since the first one i had which was modded DP is right nothing will persuade me otherwise

Comment

xbox360 has more sales because every xbox owner had to buy at least two.

if not more

they dont last that long, nor they can endure the abuse a ps3 can

Comment

Originally posted by Bushi View Post
                        xbox360 has more sales because every xbox owner had to buy at least two.

if not more

they dont last that long, nor they can endure the abuse a ps3 can
                        I take care of my consoles and take games out after use and if the console is hot i let it rest and i still got the yellow light and the blu ray drive go on 2 of my ps3's my buddy is also on his 2nd ps3 so they far from last longer this was after 1 year of having a ps3 i was one day over my warranty and they wouldn't help me one year warranty sucks ass.I have had my 360's break also but not after 1 year 2-3 maybe and the new 360's have the kinks worked out they work great.I must say when my 360 did break i called them up and received a brand new console in 4 days.So anyone's console who's broke did not actually have to buy more as 360 has a 3 years warranty therefore your sales reason is invalid sorry
                        Last edited by GreenL420; 06-11-2012, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                        Working...
                        X