PSN Store Shutting Down Temporarily in Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSN Store Shutting Down Temporarily in Korea

In South Korea, the Shutdown Law was created to prevent gamers under sixteen from gaming during a six hour block at night. The law already impacted online gaming services, such as the PlayStation Network. It's going to impact it some more.

According to Sony, the PSN Store is going offline for all players starting on June 29. The law goes into effect on July 1. Online play will still be functional; however, maintenance to comply with the new law will take down the PSN Store. Sony hopes to have the PSN Store back up sometime this year.

So that means new PSN games and other downloadable PS3 content just won't be available in South Korea starting this July. And there's no ETA on when it will be back other than this year. And that sucks for some people.

When I looked at the thread title from the home forum screen, "PSN Store Shutting Down", I was like :-O ...but then when I put my mouse over it to see the full thread title, and it said "In Korea" ...I just smiled...

#SaluteFromAustralia

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
    Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X