Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Gear Solid 4 To Get Trophy Support

Available in August.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots will finally be receive trophy support this August, according to Andriasang.

Trophy support is being added to a 'PlayStation 3 The Best' budget version of the MGS4 which is being released in Japan. But if you already own a copy of the game, you'll be able to download a patch around this time.

Hideo Kojima has also said he will make an announcement at a special 25th anniversary event, to be held in Tokyo on August 30th. What that 'announcement' might be remains unclear, but it's said to be related to the 'vision' he has previously shared about a game that connects people.

Well this is 4 years too late...

On a related note I just went through the whole (canon) metal Gear Saga this past spring... I Started with Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater, then played through Peace Walker, Metal Gear. Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes, Metal Gear Solid 2 Son's of liberty and Finally Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots. All in all it took me a good 2 months to play through everything (only playing on weekends typically, and Peace Walker itself took a full month to complete every mission/obtain every hidden item)
    Last edited by Havok; 07-13-2012, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Havok View Post
      Metal Gear 2 Snakes Revenge,
      Metal Gear 2: Snake's Revenge isnt the official sequel!!! This game had nothing to do with the Metal Gear franchise. The same year Kojima released the official sequel: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
      My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
      Vinyls: 60
      Cassettes: 110
      CDs: 216

Comment

My bad... I wrote that at work and couldn't remember which was the official Metal Gear 2 game. I'll edit my original post as I did play the original 2 MSX versions. [MENTION=458]Big Exodus Thanks for the Correction.

Comment

Well this is 4 years too late...

On a related note I just went through the whole (canon) metal Gear Saga this past spring... I Started with Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater, then played through Peace Walker, Metal Gear. Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes, Metal Gear Solid 2 Son's of liberty and Finally Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots. All in all it took me a good 2 months to play through everything (only playing on weekends typically, and Peace Walker itself took a full month to complete every mission/obtain every hidden item)
          You forgot to play Portable Ops!

Comment

totally forgot to post my opinion: I want a retail version that has the DLC on the disc ...no digital DLC

Comment

Originally posted by Big Exodus View Post
              totally forgot to post my opinion: I want a retail version that has the DLC on the disc ...no digital DLC
              For which game? MGS4 had dlc but it was all for multiplayer and the multiplayer servers were recently shut down so the dlc is now worthless!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPhantom13 View Post
                For which game? MGS4 had dlc but it was all for multiplayer and the multiplayer servers were recently shut down so the dlc is now worthless!
                Japan: re-release with trophy on the disc
                outside Japan: trophy as DLC

that's what I read

Comment

Originally posted by Big Exodus View Post
                  Japan: re-release with trophy on the disc
                  outside Japan: trophy as DLC

that's what I read
                  Ah alright i get ya now!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPhantom13 View Post
                    You forgot to play Portable Ops!
                    Portable Ops wasn't canon... it was written by someone besides Kojima. I actually started to play portable ops after Metal Gear Solid 3 but ended up changing my mind a few hours in.

Comment

Portable Ops wasn't canon... it was written by someone besides Kojima. I actually started to play portable ops after Metal Gear Solid 3 but ended up changing my mind a few hours in.
                      It wasn't written by Kojima but it's still canon. It's a direct sequel to Snake Eater taking place 6 years after. Peace Walker also references alot of the stuff that happened in Portable Ops so yes the game is canon!

Comment

2 little 2 late

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                        Working...
                        X