Kojima: Metal Gear Solid 5 Images are ‘Completely Fake’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kojima: Metal Gear Solid 5 Images are ‘Completely Fake’

Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima has confirmed that the leaked Metal Gear Solid 5 screens making the rounds are “completely fake.” The images were allegedly taken at a behind-closed-doors announcement during San Diego Comic-Con last week, but in a post on his Twitter account, Kojima commented that “Since I've received inquiries about the MGS5 title screen/the announcement made at ComicCon which I had no idea of, I looked up on the net and found the source. But pls note that title logo is completely FAKE.”

Kojima added “I apologize to those who were looking forward. Anyway it proved I can still create the buzz.” Separately, Kojima Productions senior producer Ken-ichiro Imaizumi Tweeted “I've been asked about the screen shots of MGS5 on the game sites. These're ALL FAKE. We'll update when we're ready to announce.”

The game was supposedly running on Kojima’s Fox Engine, which was previously said to be running on PlayStation 3 and Vita during TGS. At the time, Kojima said a new game using the engine “may take a while.” Kojima Productions later posted job listings for “ the latest Metal Gear Solid targeted for high-end consoles and PC” and more recently Kojima said "About Metal Gear Solid 5, I can tell you two things. There will be much question of infiltration, espionage, and convincing people to give you 'a favor' like in the last Metal Gear Solid.”

Kojima noted that more information about Metal Gear Solid 5 will be revealed "when the time comes." Meanwhile, separate Metal Gear game Metal Gear Rising Revengence is in development by Platinum Games and set to arrive in 2013. For details on that Metal Gear game, check out our hands-on impressions from E3.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X