Rumors of PS4 Restricting Used Games Send GameStop Stock Tumbling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loyalty View Post
    didnt u paid "gulden" back in the days??

STILL, 70 euro or 50 euro is wayyyyy too mcuh for a fuckin console game that u can maybe finish in a few hours.. the production and creation of the games arent that expensive. which means they make a huuuggeee profit these bastards...
    yes. but nobody knows what the gulden is on this forum. In gulden I paid 180 for a game back in the days, what is around 70-75 euro.

Games were expensiver back in the days. Plus the thing you say about the production and creation of games isnt expensive, is not true at all. Its is, the productions of games is getting more and more expensiver. Its alot more expensive to make a game these days, compared to years back, because everyone is trying to make these Triple A, hollywood blockbusters.

Comment

Originally posted by LarsVerb View Post
      yes. but nobody knows what the gulden is on this forum. In gulden I paid 180 for a game back in the days, what is around 70-75 euro.

Games were expensiver back in the days. Plus the thing you say about the production and creation of games isnt expensive, is not true at all. Its is, the productions of games is getting more and more expensiver. Its alot more expensive to make a game these days, compared to years back, because everyone is trying to make these Triple A, hollywood blockbusters.
      pfff.. i havent seen 10 expensive games in the last 3 years... the majority of games nowadays is some cheap ass games where u dont even need to think about it.. sure the production is more expensive these days cause the technoligy changed alot in the last years.. but i mean, the money they spent to create a game is alot less than what they get from sales.. i say they could lower every game nowadays to 30€ and they would still make a BIG profit pof the games.. thats what i mean.. 60 euro for a game is wayyy overpriced... and the old snes games u paid 180 for a even more overpriced...

at the end of the day its just a console game.. u pay 60 euro for a new game, one year later u can buy 3 games for 60 euro and all these three games were 60 each one year ago..

thats why i only buy superb games for the full price.. GTA, GT, NBA2K, CODMW, Assasins Creed.. etc.. such games

Comment

Actually thats not true at all.

The game industry is doing really and really bad at the moment. Alot deverlopers are getting bankrupt, 2012 was the year the most developers ever become bankrupt.

There only a few games a year, that make a lot profit and are selling millions and millions. For example Cod, Fifa and some others.

Alot developers are struglin because people dont spend alot money anymore on games, because the economic crisis. So they only buy 2 games a year, which are COD and FIFA. The rest is struglin as hell.

pfff.. i havent seen 10 expensive games in the last 3 years... the majority of games nowadays is some cheap ass games where u dont even need to think about it.. sure the production is more expensive these days cause the technoligy changed alot in the last years.. but i mean, the money they spent to create a game is alot less than what they get from sales.. i say they could lower every game nowadays to 30€ and they would still make a BIG profit pof the games.. thats what i mean.. 60 euro for a game is wayyy overpriced... and the old snes games u paid 180 for a even more overpriced...

at the end of the day its just a console game.. u pay 60 euro for a new game, one year later u can buy 3 games for 60 euro and all these three games were 60 each one year ago..

thats why i only buy superb games for the full price.. GTA, GT, NBA2K, CODMW, Assasins Creed.. etc.. such games

Comment

Originally posted by LarsVerb View Post
          Actually thats not true at all.

The game industry is doing really and really bad at the moment. Alot deverlopers are getting bankrupt, 2012 was the year the most developers ever become bankrupt.

There only a few games a year, that make a lot profit and are selling millions and millions. For example Cod, Fifa and some others.

Alot developers are struglin because people dont spend alot money anymore on games, because the economic crisis. So they only buy 2 games a year, which are COD and FIFA. The rest is struglin as hell.
          exactly, and why this?? cause these bastards want 60 euro for a game, which i wont pay and many many other people think the same way... lower the fuckin prices then u can expect more people to buy the games...

these days u cant even copy a game.. back then everybody copied PS1 games... how did they survived in 1998?? everybody copied games.. i think they make more money nowadays than in 1998 for example..

Comment

They cant, the production values are so high, because they all want to make a tripe A title.

Everyone is trying to get mainstream succes, and is making the games more and more mainstream and more noob friendly (Cod for example).

Some developers need to go back to the old days, were they created games with lower budgets. So they can sell it for lower prices. But its hard these days, because all those mainstream dudes only want the highest graphics, what cost alot to make. Gamers these days dont care much about good gameplay, storys whatever. Most mainstream gamers want a rollercoaster trip, with amazing graphics like Call of duty.

exactly, and why this?? cause these bastards want 60 euro for a game, which i wont pay and many many other people think the same way... lower the fuckin prices then u can expect more people to buy the games...

these days u cant even copy a game.. back then everybody copied PS1 games... how did they survived in 1998?? everybody copied games.. i think they make more money nowadays than in 1998 for example..

Comment

I always buy new myself as i hate to own someone's else's copy hate scratched copies and stuff i do agree games are quite high nowadays about 67$ after taxes here but it does cost alot to develop games not only to make the game but to pay all the employee's to make the game.Shit when the end credits roll on a game there are sometimes huge amounts of people and every last one of them gotta get paid to however they do make the money back 10 fold when launching it if the game is a hit.But like lars said 2012 wasn't the greatest year for the gaming industry however with killer games coming this year in 2013 and rumblings of new console appearances this year could turn out to be good.

Comment

This would be really stupid, this does not make sense. However, it is very clear that the PS4 is on it's way. End of this year or start of next year, its coming fast.

Comment

I like dp13 think its funny game stop is a rip off period.

and no it won't ruin the gaming world, because it worked before game stops were here.
                  Love.

Comment

These limitations baffle me. Whoever came up with the idea deserves a slap across the face lol.

Comment

most of them are mainstream games

I prefer creative and emotional games like: Metal Gear Solid, ICO, Shadow Of The Colossus, Final Fantasy (the SNES & PS1 era), Shenmue, Resident Evil 1, Silent Hill 1&2, Chrono Trigger, Soul Reaver, Bushido Blade, Zelda, Vagrant Story, Bloody Roar, Super Mario Galaxy ...games you will never forget and games you will never see again
                      My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
                      Vinyls: 60
                      Cassettes: 110
                      CDs: 216

Comment

The thing is games used to be cheaper like n64 and sega and all that even playstation 1. But when ps2 and Xbox came out games went up in price from like $40-$50 to $60. Then of course some games that suck drop to $30 or so quick.

But brand new games should cost $30. Most games just suck and you can beat in a day. If they didnt have trophies for replay value it'd suck.

How they gonna sell all the assassin creeds for $60 each then make a trilogy with 3 games on it for $60 altogether if not cheaper?

They did the same with god of war. You can buy all 5 games on 1 disc for the price of 1! Same with GTA and resident evil. Fuck assassins creed revelations came with digital copy of AC1 for free.

These companies are making a killing off us and now they wanna stop used games because they have fucked themselfs so much with high prices games that people but used or just rent and game fly instead.

I don't know what the euros conversion is or anything but when I was younger games weren't 60 dollars a piece. Especially sega and super nes. The systems were cheaper too which that's understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by MCNewYork71 View Post
                          The thing is games used to be cheaper like n64 and sega and all that even playstation 1. But when ps2 and Xbox came out games went up in price from like $40-$50 to $60. Then of course some games that suck drop to $30 or so quick.

But brand new games should cost $30. Most games just suck and you can beat in a day. If they didnt have trophies for replay value it'd suck.

How they gonna sell all the assassin creeds for $60 each then make a trilogy with 3 games on it for $60 altogether if not cheaper?

They did the same with god of war. You can buy all 5 games on 1 disc for the price of 1! Same with GTA and resident evil. Fuck assassins creed revelations came with digital copy of AC1 for free.

These companies are making a killing off us and now they wanna stop used games because they have fucked themselfs so much with high prices games that people but used or just rent and game fly instead.

I don't know what the euros conversion is or anything but when I was younger games weren't 60 dollars a piece. Especially sega and super nes. The systems were cheaper too which that's understandable.
                          because the prequels are old so they try to sell the same games in the form of trilogy editions etc. ...it's the so called "maturity phase" in business administration
                          rule 1: when you [all] dont want waste money with crap games then watch more trailers or gameplay videos on games sites and youtube

the God Of War collection you talking about was an US only release

here in Germany PS1 games were sold for 100 German Marks (=50€ = $67) ...Final Fantasy 9 was sold for 140 German Marks (=70€ = $93)

Mega Drive and SNES games were expensive too!!!

Comment

I remember Deutsche mark.. its like 1 half euro.. I payed for perfect dark (n64) 180 mark.. 60 euro is acceptable

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus View Post
                              because the prequels are old so they try to sell the same games in the form of trilogy editions etc. ...it's the so called "maturity phase" in business administration
                              rule 1: when you [all] dont want waste money with crap games then watch more trailers or gameplay videos on games sites and youtube

the God Of War collection you talking about was an US only release

here in Germany PS1 games were sold for 100 German Marks (=50€ = $67) ...Final Fantasy 9 was sold for 140 German Marks (=70€ = $93)

Mega Drive and SNES games were expensive too!!!
                              I just don't see why they're so expensive. If I knew they'd done that with gow I wouldn't of bought them all until the end lol. Now I've got wasted physical space at home lol maybe ill sell them all and buy the 1 disc game.

But yeah I try and watch trailers and some games look bad ass u til u get them. Renting or gamefly is probably the best option along with videos.

This alien colonial marines looks so amazing and I bet it sucks after 34 years in the makin lol

Comment

Originally posted by MCNewYork71 View Post
                                I just don't see why they're so expensive. If I knew they'd done that with gow I wouldn't of bought them all until the end lol. Now I've got wasted physical space at home lol maybe ill sell them all and buy the 1 disc game.
                                I prefer the original release instead of a box ...3 covers > 1 cover

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X