Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playstation 4 Officially Announced (Updating Live)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playstation 4 Officially Announced (Updating Live)

Its official folks PS4 is on its way discuss.

Veteran designer Mark Cerny, who headed up architecture on the new console, introduced the PS4 at an event today in New York City.

"It is a powerful and accessible system," he said. "And it has a deep feature set to support the ongoing evolution of gaming itself."

The PS4 has 8 gigabytes of RAM and comes with a "massive" hard drive, Cerny said.

The controller looks exactly like the prototype that has been showed. It has "share" and "options" buttons as well as a touchpad in the center.

You can suspend/resume the system instantly by pressing the power button. A secondary custom chip will handle downloads and uploads so you can get games onto your console even when it's turned off. You can also play games while they're being downloaded, Cerny said.

You can also stream gameplay footage and "spectate"—that is, watch other people play games—on the new machine.

Sony's PlayStation 4 will allow users to play games as those very games are downloading. The PS4 will have a secondary custom chip for background downloading and processing.

Sony's goal is to learn enough about its players' behaviors that the console can guess what individuals are going to buy and download those games even before they purchase them, Mark Cerny said during Sony's conference today.

Cerny also said that having this much video running around will allow players to share and view video at will: You'll be able to browse through videos of potential opponents before you play against them in a game, or view streaming videos on a PS Vita or "companion apps" on tablet hardware. Players will also be able to interact while watching each other play, or even "take over the controller" remotely via video streaming.

Gaikai's Dave Perry took the stage to announce a bunch of new "social" features for the PS4 today: including Ustream/Facebook support, streaming capabilities, and and "remote play," which allows you to play PS4 games on your Vita

Your friends list can be expanded to include accounts from third-party services like Facebook, including real-world names and profile images. You can record and share videos and screenshots, including streaming your content live. You can access the PS4's online services not just from your PS4, but from phones and tablets as well, queuing up downloads and messaging friends.

Much of this is handled via a "share" button right on the front of the control pad.

PlayStation 4 will stream PS1, PS2, PS3 games

The PlayStation 4 will use the "PlayStation Cloud" service to stream PS1, PS2, and PS3 games, solving the backward compatibility problem with technology developed by Gaikai. This functionality was first reported last week by the Wall Street Journal, and confirmed today during the PlayStation unveiling event.

In the presentation, Gaikai founder David Perry expressed PlayStation's desire to use this service to stream "everything ever," but no specific games were revealed. On one hand, that suggests the PS4 isn't natively able to play legacy discs; on the other hand, there's tech built in to play those games on the system via streaming.

This is part of "PlayStation Cloud," the services of which will be rolled out gradually.

PlayStation Move compatible with PS4, Media Molecule shows

During today's PlayStation Event in NYC, Media Molecule's Alex Evans revealed the studio has married the PlayStation Move controller with the PS Move, Sony's motion peripheral originally designed for the PS3. The Move was demonstrated as a sculpting tool with the PS4, among other things.

Really, the entire demo was an artistic suite, showing the Move being used as a paint brush and to control two dancing avatars. The sequence eventually culminated in a full rock show where players used Move to control individual instruments. While not Media Molecule's next game, per se, the demo was designed to showcase the creative power of the PS4.

Last edited by GreenL420; 02-21-2013, 12:08 AM.

Took them long enough lol, and i just bought my second Ps3... Duhhh
    I ain't choosing sides
    Hell nah,fuck everybody
    It's Westside when I ride watch 4 dead bodies
    Lyrics are colorful words and anesthetics
    Problems are getting worked out faster than calisthenics
    I'm bullet proof
    Blazed up on top of my man's roof
    Hands on a fully AK now what 'cha plan to do
    Moon motherfuckaz til they feel me
    It's West Coast nigga fuck New York
    Now did everybody hear me?

Comment

what live stream do u have?

Comment

Originally posted by L-Booma View Post
        what live stream do u have?
        ign app on the 360

Comment

Maaannnn new killzone. Fucking amazing

Comment

Maaannnn new killzone. Fucking amazing
            Im on it http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...604#post487604 haha graphics look pretty damn dope

Comment

Not a fan of racing. But looks fucking nice.

Comment

I must say so far i am impressed some nice features perhaps i will have a future with a sony console if they do things right of course im absolutely getting the new xbox but the ps4 is certainly a strong possibility for me to get now also.

Comment

Move boring lol

Comment

diablo 3 for ps4?

100% must buy

ps4 will make be stay jobless for a long long time i think

Comment

This could be huge bungie coming to ps4 cool stuff!

Hmm no look at the console or price yet.
                      Last edited by GreenL420; 02-21-2013, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
                        This could be huge bungie coming to ps4 cool stuff!

Hmm no look at the console or price or date yet.
                        Jup suprise 4 me.

E3 or soon more info i guess. Releasing holiday 2013.

Comment

Jup suprise 4 me.

E3 or soon more info i guess. Releasing holiday 2013.
                          Yea posted release date here http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread.php?t=73715 and its sweet that destiny is gonna be on the ps4 bungie creates great games

Comment

BUT...WILL IT PLAY USED GAMES? IM A GAME STOP SHOPPER
                            Say no to Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. ROJAS View Post
                              BUT...WILL IT PLAY USED GAMES? IM A GAME STOP SHOPPER
                              They only mentioned that in the future previous games will be streamable nothing mentioned on buying them yet.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X