New PS3 Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PS3 Owner

Recently picked up the 250GB PS3 that comes with Uncharted 3 GOTY Edition. I've played and enjoyed my Xbox 360 all this generation, now it's time to show the PS3 some love. I did it the other way around last generation. Had a PS2 from the beginning and got an Xbox towards the end of last gen. But anyway, recommend me some great games to play on this system. This is what I plan on getting:

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots (*top priority*)
    Uncharted series
    Infamous series
    Killzone series
    Resistance series
    God Of War series
    Little Big Planet series
    Demon Souls
    Gran Turismo 5
    The Last Of Us (when released obviously)

Anything I'm missing? Any multi-platform games I'm going to get on the 360. I'm strictly asking about exclusive games.

this is good to hear... i was the same way.. i had xbox first and a couple years after i was interested in the free online play... so i bought a ps3 and ive been on ever since.... fck paying money to play games that you already paid for..

Comment

Originally posted by Papaveli View Post
      this is good to hear... i was the same way.. i had xbox first and a couple years after i was interested in the free online play... so i bought a ps3 and ive been on ever since.... fck paying money to play games that you already paid for..
      well said man,

imagine this shit: pay for internet connection, pay for the game, AND pay for online gaming extra!!

i'll stay at sony ps

anyways good to hear [MENTION=2717]LabelMeAnOutlaw maybe tell us ur play station network name so we can add u ans maybe play together..

Comment

I've paid for Live since the original Xbox. Full price right now is $60 for 1 year, sometimes you can catch their 13 month cards (changed from $50 a couple years back). That's $5 a month. It's really not as bad as people exaggerate it to be. Besides, I never renew my subscription at full price, always catch it on sale for either $30 or $40. PSN does have PSN+. So Sony is heading in that direction. I seriously doubt PS4 will have free online, there's too much money Sony's leaving on the table. They also need to catch up with the times and have cross-game chat. Some might not think so, but the party system on Live is a big deal. Being able to talk with up to 7 people while all play different games is impressive. Anyway....

Online wasn't what I intended for this thread to be about. Lol

Is there any game (exclusive) any of you PS3 heads feel I shouldn't miss out on? I would've added Heavy Rain to that list but I can't stand that much QTE so I'll probably pass on that one.

Oh and I would play with you guys, but I know y'all hit that COD heavy. I haven't fucked with that series for years and even if I did, it'd be on the 360. Multi-platform games are better for me on the 360. That controller is my preference.

Comment

Originally posted by LabelMeAnOutlaw View Post
          Recently picked up the 250GB PS3 that comes with Uncharted 3 GOTY Edition. I've played and enjoyed my Xbox 360 all this generation, now it's time to show the PS3 some love. I did it the other way around last generation. Had a PS2 from the beginning and got an Xbox towards the end of last gen. But anyway, recommend me some great games to play on this system. This is what I plan on getting:

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots (*top priority*)
          Uncharted series
          Infamous series
          Killzone series
          Resistance series
          God Of War series
          Little Big Planet series
          Demon Souls
          Gran Turismo 5
          The Last Of Us (when released obviously)

Anything I'm missing? Any multi-platform games I'm going to get on the 360. I'm strictly asking about exclusive games.
          Ni No Kuni ...when you like japanese RPGs like Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger
          3D Dot Game Heroes ...when you are an "old" gamer and when you like games like Zelda
          Heavy Rain
          Beyond Two Souls ...not released yet but looks interesting/great
          My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
          Vinyls: 60
          Cassettes: 110
          CDs: 216

Comment

^^^ Thanks for the suggestions.

Just remembered, Twisted Metal was another PS3 exclusive I wanted to play.

Comment

Don't forget Heavenly Sword too. It's a cool game but six axis parts can get very annoying.

Comment

what about Heavy Rain ?

Comment

Originally posted by LabelMeAnOutlaw View Post
                  Anything I'm missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarek View Post
                    what about Heavy Rain ?
                    I mentioned this game already

Originally posted by Hard2Kill View Post
                    he wants only PS3 exlusive titles
                    btw: Dante's Inferno is a fucking dope game!!!

Comment

Yeah I have Dante's Inferno on the 360 already. Appreciate the suggestions, I feel like all exclusives (if not, most) have been mentioned in this thread. I can't think of any more.

Edit: Oh wait, is that Sony version of Smash Bros. any good? Forgot the name of it.

Comment

Ps3 is the shit. You mentioned them but God Of War series is amazing. Especially GOW3. I loved Resistance Fall Of Man series too. The first one was my favorite story wise.

I'm sure you've got the call of duty games already on your Xbox. Oh resident evil 5 I really enjoyed. 6 was weak but 5 was dope. Not sure if it was on Xbox as well but all I play is ps3.

Comment

Originally posted by MCNewYork71 View Post
                          Oh resident evil 5 I really enjoyed. 6 was weak but 5 was dope. Not sure if it was on Xbox as well but all I play is ps3.
                          these were released on x-box too + these games ARE no Resident Evil games!!! fuck capcom for destroying one of the best game series

Comment

Suggestions on digital exclusives are welcome as well. That Journey game seems to have gotten a lot of praise. I'll have to check that out.

Comment

I hope this doesn't turn into another battle of the consoles thread...

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X