The Last of Us: first review calls it a ‘Citizen Kane moment’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last of Us: first review calls it a ‘Citizen Kane moment’

The Last of Us: first review calls it a ‘Citizen Kane moment’ and ‘contender for best game this gen’

A leaked review days ahead of Sony’s embargo date rained high praise on the PS3 post-apocalypse exclusive title The Last of Us, which is set to release June 14. The publication quickly yanked the review shortly after, but not before it was picked up and circulated.

As reported by VideoGamer, Empire Magazine apparently slipped it review for The Last of Us prematurely before yanking it offline a few hours later. Empire calls The Last of Us a possible “Citizen Kane moment” and a “contender for the best game of this console generation. “

The Last of Us is not just the finest game that Naughty Dog has yet crafted and an easy contender for the best game of this console generation, it may also prove to be gaming’s Citizen Kane moment, a masterpiece that will be looked back upon favorable for decades.

The publication awarded The Last of Us a perfect 5/5 in its review score. While everyone else is waiting till the embargo date is lifted to talk about the game, the growing consensus is that The Last of Us may very well be one of the last great titles of this generation.

For those that purchased God of War: Ascension, the demo for The Last of US should be unlocked right now. However, VideoGamer urges gamers to not play the demo as its not representative of the final product and is out of context from the story. VideoGamer will have its review up next week, but teases that the game has the best beginning and ending ever seen in a game.

Stay tuned for more details about The Last of US, as Naughty Dog is expected to unveil the multiplayer mode at E3, which has been called addictive by quite a few who have played it.

Was playing the game yesterday...holy fuck the game is scary at times! Great fuckin game and i would highly recommend to anybody that has a Ps3!

Comment

it's a must buy!!!
      My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
      Vinyls: 60
      Cassettes: 110
      CDs: 216

Comment

The demo is out right?

Comment

Originally posted by L-Booma View Post
          The demo is out right?
          for those who bought God Of War, yes

Comment

I don't have a ps 3, is it coming on Xbox 360 or ps 4?
            Letz be friendz

Comment

Originally posted by 122 View Post
              I don't have a ps 3, is it coming on Xbox 360 or ps 4?
              It's playstation only, not sure if it's gonna be released on ps 4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 122 View Post
                I don't have a ps 3
                LOSER

Comment

Perhaps I'll pick up a cheap ps3! This game looks hot
                  Letz be friendz

Comment

Man I hear so many great things about this game. A lot people say its the best game on this generation consoles. I cant wait to buy and play it.

This is one of the reasons I buy the Ps4, Naughty Dog. They are amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by L-Booma View Post
                      Naughty Dog. They are amazing.
                      all 4 game series they created are awesome ...the best game developer at the moment!

a friend of mine bought the game yesterday and he told me it's amazing ...I'll buy this game soon too

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X