This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 Slim will save you some money on your power bill

Engadget did some power tests putting the PS3 Slim against the 60GB PS3 Classic. The PS3 Slim beat the 60GB PS3 in every test except the “Plugged in / powered off” category but that was only by .01

Not only does the PS3 Slim use less power it’s also quieter. Heat wise it’s about the same as it was.

Also reduced is the noise of the machine, and in repeat tests, we stand by our initial results: it’s about 2 to 3 decibels quieter on average during gameplay, and up to 10 decibels quieter while watching Blu-ray movies.
    Check the full review here
    PlayStation 3 Slim review

The slim is much better, i copped one about a week after they came out and it seems good.

Comment

Just recently purchased 1 of these.

The final word from me would be that it is a better console then the last old fat heavy block .

So it is a must buy if u are a hardcore PS3 fan.

Comment

Just recently purchased 1 of these.

The final word from me would be that it is a better console then the last old fat heavy block .

So it is a must buy if u are a hardcore PS3 fan.

Comment

Not to mention that by now they should have all the kinks worked out and with it drawing less power there is a much smaller chance of the power supply going out like the previous versions, also, the blue ray should be much more reliable now that there is no more shortage or need for sub par parts like on the older systems.

only time will tell though, i got my fingers crossed i don't end up on another Sony tirade.

Comment

I dont see the point in selling my perfectly good ps3 just for a smaller verison.
            Oh not to mention the ps3 i have at the moment has a 500gb hardrive.

Comment

yep thew only cons of this new version is no other OS u can install, and u cant change hd.

also dont expect to ever be able to play ripped games on it.

only good news from sony is that they will reintroduce the ps2 backwards compatibility in one of the next firmware's...

Comment

Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X