Need some feedback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some feedback!

V2 - improved version following Killuminati's advice(2nd verse redone 2 rare pics added and alot of resyncing done)
    http://www.zshare.net/video/769897655775aae1/

V1 - original version
    zSHARE - Produce_0.wmv

Check this video out guys(it's a streaming file, so no need to DL), I rendered it at low quality so I could upload it to Zshare fast. I haven't remastered the video yet so the colours are kinda off, reason I'm putting this here is to get some feedback from you guys. For example;

- More transitions? If so, where and how?
    - General ideas(color scheme for example0
    - Different footage?(different images/clips)
    - Less transitions?(If so, which ones shall i take out)

Seriously, anything you would see as an improvement, no matter how small it is. Tell me Giving points of improvement will help me out much more than just saying: ''great job''(even though that's appreciated to lol)

I always have the problem of wanting to change some things once the video is done and sent to everybody. So this time around I'm going to handle it a little differently to save me that frustration xD

PS: The whole video, except for like 10-15 seconds is made by me. Before I always took the Pac images with camera effects from Tupac DVD's but this time I made everything myself
    Last edited by WeUp2013; 06-07-2010, 07:43 PM.
    2Pac hours before he got shot: ''Everybody that get out of jail got good luck!''

whats up with you and this girl lol
    F-N-F
    THE REMIX KING
    / Certified Music Critic

Comment

Originally posted by Fatal-N-Felony View Post
      whats up with you and this girl lol
      She's fucking hot lol. Plus if I use her in the video and put it on her fan forums i'll automatically get thousands of views(Last time I got 1000+ views in 10 hours. It's a nice way to get my work across a more broad audience)

Anyway, got some feedback for me??
      Last edited by WeUp2013; 06-07-2010, 05:48 PM.
      2Pac hours before he got shot: ''Everybody that get out of jail got good luck!''

Comment

I think its perfect

Comment

i dont like how u use short movie clips then put old pics that everybody seen in fast intervals. the video as a whole looks ok. i think u should work on it a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by Killuminati View Post
            i dont like how u use short movie clips then put old pics that everybody seen in fast intervals. the video as a whole looks ok. i think u should work on it a bit more.
            I see, got any images for me you think i should use instead of the ones I have right now? Also, with the fast intervals you mean like in the beginning right? With the AEOM photoshoot. Well, I tried putting some rare pictures in like you see in the beginning of the first chorus and the beginning of the video(2pac standing and then shifting his head) and I also edited the pictures in the last chorus so this girl is in it to.

If you got any rare images you think I should use send them to me and I'll put them in bro Appreciate the feedback.

@Shiva,
            Thanks but it's far from perfect right now
            Last edited by WeUp2013; 06-07-2010, 06:17 PM.

Comment

check your PM Nima !

Comment

The pictures you sent me are nice bro, I'll see if I can fit them in the video somewhere. Especially that first one is dope +rep

Comment

I'm not expert in editing video but i'm a camera man so maybe some of my tips will help you to this lil bit better.

Track is "slow" so i think pictures at the begining should change slower and smoother. Slower music = slower and longer "takes", "pictures". If music is slow you can also use "half mixes?(i don't know how it is in english - interpenetration?) and slower panorams, zooming the pictures maybe even a slowmo (slowmotion). If music is fast and agresive you gotta mix it faster = fast zoomin and panorams, short "takes" and no half mixes(interpentrations). In short - video must fit to the audio

I couldn't wath entire video because zshare works like shit to me
                  but idea of mixin this girl dancing and Pac's takes from "How Do U Want It" it's not bad idea Good lock

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lek View Post
                    I'm not expert in editing video but i'm a camera man so maybe some of my tips will help you to this lil bit better.

Track is "slow" so i think pictures at the begining should change slower and smoother. Slower music = slower and longer "takes", "pictures". If music is slow you can also use "half mixes?(i don't know how it is in english - interpenetration?) and slower panorams, zooming the pictures maybe even a slowmo (slowmotion). If music is fast and agresive you gotta mix it faster = fast zoomin and panorams, short "takes" and no half mixes(interpentrations). In short - video must fit to the audio

I couldn't wath entire video because zshare works like shit to me
                    but idea of mixin this girl dancing and Pac's takes from "How Do U Want It" it's not bad idea Good lock
                    Ahh I see, I followed Killuminati's advice and re-edited it into this(Changed three pictures and redid the whole 2nd verse and made the pictures fit a sound that keeps re-occurring in the mix):
                    zSHARE - another test_ with extra pics_killuminati_ and redone 2nd verse.mp4

Now I'll follow your advice and improve it even more Thanks bro. Also, you got any specific points you would like to see slowed down?

Comment

That song is craaazy!!......anyway, i'm not a big fan of the pixelated effects..maybe simplify the video a bit more by cutting back on the effects...eg. pac and "the girl"

Comment

Originally posted by baba View Post
                        That song is craaazy!!......anyway, i'm not a big fan of the pixelated effects..maybe simplify the video a bit more by cutting back on the effects...eg. pac and "the girl"
                        Reason I mostly did that was to mask the pictures a little bit, I'm horrible at editing 2 people into one picture and because the lighting is always drastically different on the pics it would be a living hell trying to edit it so that it looks good withouth effects. Plus I kinda like the effect, I wanted the chorus to be different and this works pretty well. Still thanks for the advice fellow iranian

Any more advice?
                        Last edited by WeUp2013; 06-08-2010, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Ok so here's a little update. I followed Baba's advice and took out the pixelated effect. I was being kinda lazy and didn't feel like remaking the images but I'll do it I rendered it a little bit in After Effects with a paintish effect to see how it looks. It fits the theme nicely so Ill stick with that. I made two pages of notes so I'm ready to finish the video fully. No more previews, don't want to ruin the surprise LOL. I only have one last question to you guys; should I leave the video in colour or make it B&W?

Update: Just rendered it in Powerdirector, but found some problems. So tommorow morning I'll re-render it with the fixes, then I'll edit it in AE(don't know how long that will take but it's not a quick and easy task cause I'll have to edit each scene individually cause of the different footage/lighting) but friday the video will definetly be done
                          Last edited by WeUp2013; 06-09-2010, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I say keep it in colour...but its your call!

Comment

Originally posted by baba View Post
                              I say keep it in colour...but its your call!
                              Yea, I'm keeping it in colour. It will look a little bit boring in B&W

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X