X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2Pac & Heavy Metal/Rock

Your opinions...

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
    Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

I dont know, we have had a little taste with "Hail Mary Rock Remix" Ill give this a listen and see.

Edit: That was actually very well done and Rage is dope as fuck, Id like to see a full length Pac mix with them Nice work
    Last edited by Ray Finkle; 02-12-2011, 02:15 AM.

Comment

No.
      You can try "nothing else matters" sample tho, its not real hard metal.
      sigpic

Comment

i voted for "it could work if mixed right"..i have a rock mix that lil' prophet made with fuck em all pella..and it sounded pretty good..
        Saul "Canelo" Alvarez

Comment

Thx Ruckus

What people tend to forget & realize that a lot of the messages & lyrics by Rage were a lot like Pac's in similar ways, they both attacked same social & government issues

Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Yeah I remade that Metallica song into a smooth softcore hip hop type of beat, could also give that one a try in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar View Post
              i voted for "it could work if mixed right"..i have a rock mix that lil' prophet made with fuck em all pella..and it sounded pretty good..
              Yup, that's why I purposely distorted the vocals to vibe with the metal type beat, but if mastered properly, it could be a done deal

Comment

Dont distort vocals , add saturation instead with Virsyn V-Tape, just push input and back output, set bias around 35-60%
                i never heard acapella but from what i heard on retail release vocals are already saturated/distorted and mixed right
                some of them even have reverbs and what not.

my final vote is: yes it can work.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nikola View Post
                  Dont distort vocals , add saturation instead with Virsyn V-Tape, just push input and back output, set bias around 35-60%
                  i never heard acapella but from what i heard on retail release vocals are already saturated/distorted and mixed right
                  some of them even have reverbs and what not.

my final vote is: yes it can work.
                  Oh nah I said that wrong, I didn't actually distort the vocals in the way you're probably thinking of, I gave it an overdrive, which gives the vocals a more "bloody" effect, so to speak, it's more of an overdrive amp on the vocals so it blends musically with the grudge music, as an engineer, I think you know what I mean & what I intended to.

Comment

i know what you mean by "distorted", but you should try using tape saturation on things like vocals.
                    using amp sim plug is not wrong. i did something similar with real amp. I would send vocal into amp in a live room, mic it and record it back to DAW on new channel in Pro Tools, so i would overlayer it just under normal unprocessed vocal.
                    Theres also "New york style" mixing technique where you over compress vocal and boost mid/hi frequency and then overlayer it under unprocessed channel, of course processed vocal is few dbs lower. its like adding reverb or delay, you dont want it way too much, but main rule is that there are no rules when it comes to mixing, either it sounds good or not. keep doing your thing.
                    sigpic

Comment

i voted for "it could work if mixed right" and it depends on the rock songs if it's hard metal stricly no lol but a lot of the rocks songs are dope, and the last rock remixe I listen again again is Who wants to live forever - 2pac and queen for exemple
                      sigpic

Comment

if Pac was alive and specifically set out to record a verse for a rock beat then perhaps .. but most mixes that have Pac mixed over a rock beat don't work IMO

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                        Working...
                        X