The Hellrazor (Hook Fix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hellrazor (Hook Fix)

As you know the hook for the track “The Hellrazer” is basically empty for whatever reason. So I thought I would try to fill it in. Now by that I don’t mean I sang a hook for it and mixed it in. I was thinking more along the lines of mixing some Ice Cube with some scratches or something. Like in the track “Wonder if Heaven Got A Ghetto” uses Ice Cube’s “Just think, if niggas decide to retaliate”, or “Young Black Male” uses Ice Cube saying “Young Black Male”, or ‘Crooked ass Nigga’ uses Ice Cube’s saying “suddenly I see, some niggaz that I don't like”, or ’Crooked Nigga Too’ uses Cypress hill’s “Here’s an example, just a little sample”. “Dear Mama” original beat uses Yo-Yo’s “wouldn’t be a damn thing, without a women” in the hook, which is from a Ice Cube’s song. And the “what u say about my mama man?” is from the same song as well. Something like that. Seeing how it’s a live squad production I was thinking I would try to do something similar to one of their signature hooks. They’re some what synonymous for doing hooks where they mix other rappers in. They do it in their own music and on Pac tracks. Like in “Enemies with me” they use Ice Cube’s “don’t brake up the fight let ‘em rumble” and the “fuck all y’all” in the outro hook is Cube too.

So being that it’s a Live Squad Production I thought I’d attempt something like that, and since they seem to use Cube a lot I thought I’d use him too. Of course I kept it true to the time period. I didn’t use something from the Predator album which came out in ‘93, because The Hellrazor was record in ‘92. All the Cube I mixed is from his Kill At Will EP, 1990, AmeriKKK’s Most Wanted, 1990, and Death Certificate, 1991.

I only did it because I’d like to hear it, I’m not trying to say “this is how it should be” or “this is better”. It’s just my own personal thought. You may prefer it the way it is which is fine by me.

Thanks to Klockwork for giving the original track a much needed boost before I mixed the hook.

This is just a test mix to hear what it would sound like, I might change it a bit.

Final will be on the Troublesome album I'm putting together. http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread.php?t=64004

The Hellrazor (Biological Hook Fix) http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/2878332/file.html
    The views and opinions expressed in the above and titled post are solely those of Biological and doesn't necessarily reflect the views and opinions of others.

hmmm the idea is not bad but must it be ice cube?
    collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

The idea of a "fine tuned" Troublesome ablum is awesome.. as I've said in previous Threads!

I like what you did... the samples create a hook where one was desperately needed IMO.
      Great work and thanks for the share.

Safe to assume the final version will be in higher bitrate than 128?

Comment

dangerous motherucker raisin heeeeeelll yhea sounds real good, i like it (Y)
        THIS USER WAS BANNED

Comment

I forgot to say that i like it! A hook like this one gives more interest to give it a listen

Comment

Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X