Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the acapella sound so different in the mix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does the acapella sound so different in the mix?

Compare:

To:

The vocals in the pella sound totally different to whats in the final mix, how is that?
    I'd like to impart some words that I've always lived by:
    Mo' money, mo money, mo money.

Because its only one layer

Comment

yea, sounds a little more raw. I like it. I still think someone can make a "classic" remix with this. really would be interesting to hear a alt take by JJ on it, or QDIII

Comment

Originally posted by L-Booma View Post
        Because its only one layer
        Now that's a bit of a dick move, no wonder the vocals sound so strange.

Comment

Originally posted by 61824 View Post
          Now that's a bit of a dick move, no wonder the vocals sound so strange.
          Dont know whatcha mean "Dick move", im guessin tha reason they released tha acapella tha way they did is thats tha only layer they could extract and have the vocals be intact and uninterupted by other sounds. Also, i have no idea whatcha mean by the vocals sound so strange. If u could enlighten me id appreciate it, thanks, brotha.

Comment

Originally posted by Ianyo2012 View Post
            Dont know whatcha mean "Dick move", im guessin tha reason they released tha acapella tha way they did is thats tha only layer they could extract and have the vocals be intact and uninterupted by other sounds. Also, i have no idea whatcha mean by the vocals sound so strange. If u could enlighten me id appreciate it, thanks, brotha.
            If you listen to the remix they used on their tape:

Bomb1st.com is back with a new mixtape dedicated to Outlaw Immortalz. Includes never before heard beats, verses, and alternative versions of original tracks. Other sites post mixtapes with nothing new, we provide something unheard in every release which brings allot of hate our way.

You can hear the difference with the extra layer, so evidently they have it and it seems they chose to leak a purposefully nerfed version whilst keeping the full pella to themselves.

Hence, dick move - aka. the type of move made by a dick.

Comment

I'm sure the main layer was missin from the pella they leaked but that remix could have just been a decent cpu..
              Last edited by Mr Blax; 09-13-2013, 10:24 AM.

Comment

If you listen to the remix they used on their tape:

Bomb1st.com is back with a new mixtape dedicated to Outlaw Immortalz. Includes never before heard beats, verses, and alternative versions of original tracks. Other sites post mixtapes with nothing new, we provide something unheard in every release which brings allot of hate our way.

You can hear the difference with the extra layer, so evidently they have it and it seems they chose to leak a purposefully nerfed version whilst keeping the full pella to themselves.

Hence, dick move - aka. the type of move made by a dick.

its just missing one layer... they did that prolly cuz they wanted people to have something... but not everything... a dick move is right... they have all the layers..

Comment

Originally posted by Papaveli View Post
                  its just missing one layer... they did that prolly cuz they wanted people to have something... but not everything... a dick move is right... they have all the layers..
                  Nice one Paps, some one else hears what I hear (or don't - as the case is). After listening to the pella it seems that Pac didn't just double track his vocals but at least triple and quad, correct?

Do you have any multitrack pellas of Pac so I could take a peek at how the vocals were all stacked together to achieve that amazing sound?

What my inexperienced ears are telling me is that the vocals that are here are the raw/emotive/shouty parts of the track and the smooth/eloquent/enunciated vocals that normally make the up the main layer is missing.

Comment

Nice one Paps, some one else hears what I hear (or don't - as the case is). After listening to the pella it seems that Pac didn't just double track his vocals but at least triple and quad, correct?

Do you have any multitrack pellas of Pac so I could take a peek at how the vocals were all stacked together to achieve that amazing sound?

What my inexperienced ears are telling me is that the vocals that are here are the raw/emotive/shouty parts of the track and the smooth/eloquent/enunciated vocals that normally make the up the main layer is missing.
                    yep... the main layer is missing... its just the two adlib tracks that are present on that one mix...

Comment

Don't forget to add your compression in the track. Also copy the vocal track to another track, pan one hard left and the other hard right. Add the compression to both tracks. About 1.0 Attack and 2.0 release. Set the threshold to about 10.0. That should sound much better and sit nicely!

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X