Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2Pac - My Block Remix/Mashup

Hello fellows.

Just finished my first Mashup/remix and i would really appreciate if u took your time to listen and tell me what you think about it.

https://soundcloud.com/trampolinus/2pac-my-block-remix

If you like it, please hit the like button, really helps me out.
    Have a nice day!

//Trampolinus

Originally posted by trampolinus View Post
    Hello fellows.

Just finished my first Mashup/remix and i would really appreciate if u took your time to listen and tell me what you think about it.

My first mashup/remix Original songs: 2Pac - My Block (acapella) Fort Minor - Where'd you go (instrumental)

If you like it, please hit the like button, really helps me out.
    Have a nice day!

//Trampolinus
    Thanks a lot for posting your remix and ofcourse welcome to the biggest 2pac website on the net! I moved this thread to the right section (2pac remix section)

I noticed that you are a remixer/dj. It would be nice if you will join the remix competition were you can win nice prices.

Here is the link: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...515#post562515

Comment

the mix is offbeat/offbar

i'll be honest: with an offbeat mix you wont stand a chance to make it into the top 3 (regarding the fact that l-booma already received atleast 3, i assume they are onbeat)

here's a mix tutorial based on cockos reaper:

1. download any version of cockos reaper
      for example try this link: http://www.chip.de/downloads/c1_down...804638&v=3600&

2. download mixmeister bpm analyzer
      BPM Analyzer 1.0 Englisch: Mit der kostenlose Software "BPM Analyzer" untersuchen Sie einfach und schnell Soundtracks auf Ihre exakte Geschwindigkeit.

3. load your instrumental into the the bpm analyzer -> it will give you a bpm (beats per minute), for example 90.01 bpm
      4. load the official track (album or og version) of the acapella you want to mix into reaper, for example temptations
      5. load the temptations acapella into reaper

VERY IMPORTANT STEP
      6. check if your acapella and your original track have the same tempo/bpm, by moving the acapella over the track
      7. If they do you can get over to step 9, if they dont you have to go to step 8.
      8. do a cut (by pressing s on you keyboard) at the moment the acapella is exactly over the track
      9. then move your mouse to then ending of the acapella track, press alt and fasten or slow down the acapella (by moving your mouse and pressing alt at the same time) [everything over 1,0 means ur making it faster, everything below means ur slowing it down, to slow it down detailed, you have to zoom in to some point!!!]
      10. check if your acapella fits its original track now, if it does, step 11
      11. NEVER LOAD AN ACAPELLA IN THE BPM ANALYZER, always use the official track or original, the acapella will always give you a wrong bpm, and also i wouldnt recommend using fanmade mixes, cause they maybe mixed it at a different bpm and their mixes might be offbeat
      12. for temptations the bpm analyzer will tell you the bpm is 90.70
      13. load your instrumental (90,01 bpm) in the same project the official track and acapella is in, you will have 3 layers now
      14. enter the bpm of the track you want to change into the bpm box (you want to change the acapella, so for this example enter 90.7 in the bpm box)
      15. right click the acapella >item settings>set item timebase to beat position, length, ... (tick this 1)
      16. right click the official track >item settings>set item timebase to beat position, length, ... (tick this 1)
      17. enter the bpm you want to change it to (90.01 bpm) in the bpm box now (notice how your official track and acapella got slowed down to 90.01 bpm, the official track, and in this case the acapella aswell is at 0,992 of the original speed, which means it got slowed down)

your nearly done now, your instrumental and your acapella are the same bpm/tempo now
      all you gotta do now is to move the verse to the right bar

you know what snares are? if not you should inform yourself about what snares are, still actually you can also see them, i will make an ^for every snare
      ^ tell me baby are you lo^nely Don't wanna rush^ya
      I can help ya if ya o^nly, let me touch^ ya
      If I'm wrong love te^ ll me, cause I get cau^ght up
      and the life I live is He^ll see, I never thought^I'd see
      the day when I would c^alm down, you ain't^heard
      I've been known to clown and^Get Around, that's my wo^rd

and so on ..

18. your instrumental got snares aswell, due to the fact that all your layers are the same bpm now (90.01) the distance between the snares in the instrumental have the same distance as the snares in the official track
      19. move the first VERSE SNARE of your instrumental at the same place the first VERSE SNARE of the official track is at
      20. mute the official track
      21. congrats you got you first onbeat and onbar remix done (atleast it starts onbar, if you layed it on the right first VERSE SNARE)

it might get offbar, if the instrumental is build up with another schema/different bar lenght, but this can be solved by looping

looping is another story, but its not a hard one, i knew how to loop before i knew how to mix
      you just cut a part of the instrumental and lay it at a different part where the kicks, snares and all the other instruments are the same/very similar
      then you just blend it and you got a loop

mixing actually is piss easy once you know these steps,
      with these steps i could make a mix onbar and onbeat without even using my ears, for working more detailed and for mixing & mastering you need ears for sure

anyways good luck & have fun mixing

ps: i tried to explain it all as easy as i could, any questions send me a vm, i will answer it once i find time ...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9066841/rakim_on_tha_mic/

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X