Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2Pac - Thug 4 Life (prod. by DJ Mustard)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2Pac - Thug 4 Life (prod. by DJ Mustard)

Another track to preview from my new yet untitled mixtape
    BRAND NEW MIXTAPE "WELCOME 2 AFTERMATH" ALREADY ON DATPIFF CHECK IT OUT DOPE REMIXES FEAT. DR. DRE KING TEE ICE CUBE NUTT-SO DANNY BOY THA DOGG POUND K-CI & JOJO BIG SYKE SPICE 1 OUTLAWZ

Also here's nearly the final tracklist:
    1. Dope Peddler
    2. Smokin' Rollin' (feat. Kastro)
    3. Stop Me Now (feat. Outlawz & Kurupt)
    4. Codeine
    5. America's Most Wanted (feat. Juicy J & T.I.)
    6. How We Ride
    7. Black Cotton (feat. T.I.)
    8. Thug 4 Life
    9. She Never Got (feat. SKG)
    10. Hennessey (feat. EDI)
    11. Fuck The World (feat. Future)
    12. Listen (feat. The Notorious B.I.G.)
    13. You Know
    14. Bandz A Make Her Dance (feat. Juicy J, 2 Chainz & Young Jeezy)
    15. I Don't Like (feat. Rick Ross & T.I.)
    BRAND NEW MIXTAPE "WELCOME 2 AFTERMATH" ALREADY ON DATPIFF CHECK IT OUT DOPE REMIXES FEAT. DR. DRE KING TEE ICE CUBE NUTT-SO DANNY BOY THA DOGG POUND K-CI & JOJO BIG SYKE SPICE 1 OUTLAWZ

Comment

bro honestly and my straight up opinion. Id say steer away from the modern hiphop vibe.

I made the same mistake when starting. try find beats which bring out 2pac's words to an effect. and get into creating ur own beats. its better than biting off some melody already released. its mixed well though just a heads up. and think more creative, get into scratching and add different effects to the mix.

by all means keep doing what you want but if you want to make a different in the 2pac scene especially with remixing (WHICH I CLEARLY DIDN'T DO, CAUSE I FUCKED UP WITH THIS AND MANY OTHER ISSUES) you need to be original, be creative and take your own style and own method to a 2pac mix. And again I'm no perfectionist or anything because again I did fuck up and make a bunch of blends/mixes like these though looking back its not straight 2pac.

Though by saying this theres nothing wrong with using 1-2 retail hiphop beats every now and then.

I think [MENTION=856]L-Booma, [MENTION=1123]Lil' Prophet, [MENTION=842]D-Ace, [MENTION=2009]VenomRx, [MENTION=420]DADA7, [MENTION=306]KREW, [MENTION=2072]Klockwork and [MENTION=1133]Rock will all agree.

each one of them has a different vibe to their mixes and havehad an impact one way or another.
      **DOWNLOAD**DJ Moey Presents Tupac The Way It Was (2Pac-Forum Mixtape)
      **DOWNLOAD** Complete Outlawz Discography (All members + incl. Big Syke & Mopreme) - 16.66GB
      **DOWNLOAD** ALL DJ MOEY MIXTAPES <CHECK IT OUT>
      CLICK HERE → TO PURCHASE TUPAC "DON'T CALL ME BITCH T-SHIRT"
      CLICK HERE → FOR MY SOUNDCLOUD PAGE
      CLICK HERE → FOR MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Comment

[MENTION=10204]Snoop Lion

and please by all means dont take this to heart or anything. Here to support and help one another. if i can stop someone from making the same mistake as me and find their own creativity which makes them unique in their mixes by all means....

like look at Klockwork who started off as DJ Tricki.... Eventually worked his way into producing his own beats. same with others... Just mixing already made retail beats doesn't cut it.. the remix scene is overfilled with way too much of this. and you can hear all the junk on youtube. though just find your own way.

like in the end i tried to use instrumentals and add my own melodies into already made/half made beats. I worked with a few producers on mixtapes and making beats. though it wasnt my thing i attempted it. and in the end i stuck with making adjustments to beats, switching things up and tryna make mixes which reflect pacs words to tell a story...

but yeah hope u havent taken it to heart. keep up the work and work hard

oh and try creating ur own pellas and using cpu pellas to their advantage. its a great way of learning how to make beats to a pella. because cpus arnt true pellas and come with their original sounds in them. so u can work around them...
        Last edited by LiquidOcelot; 12-04-2013, 10:36 PM.
        **DOWNLOAD**DJ Moey Presents Tupac The Way It Was (2Pac-Forum Mixtape)
        **DOWNLOAD** Complete Outlawz Discography (All members + incl. Big Syke & Mopreme) - 16.66GB
        **DOWNLOAD** ALL DJ MOEY MIXTAPES <CHECK IT OUT>
        CLICK HERE → TO PURCHASE TUPAC "DON'T CALL ME BITCH T-SHIRT"
        CLICK HERE → FOR MY SOUNDCLOUD PAGE
        CLICK HERE → FOR MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Comment

[MENTION=10204]Snoop Lion or you dj mustard?

Comment

As a standalone mix, it's an ok party mix.. Would fit better in a party DJ's set of different tracks..

MIXTAPE DISCOGRAPHY:
            http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...92711&p=676617

Comment

Originally posted by djmoey View Post
              bro honestly and my straight up opinion. Id say steer away from the modern hiphop vibe.
              (...) try find beats which bring out 2pac's words to an effect.
              agree, u gotta find beats that fit 2pac

get into creating ur own beats. (...) its mixed well though just a heads up. (...) get into scratching and add different effects to the mix.
              disagree, i'd never tell anybody to get into beatmaking or scratching, i'd tell them to do whatever they want, mixing is just fine and fun as it is, also i disagree to the effects words, effects usually fuck it all up, keep it easy and the result should be nice, i for myself never use effects

by all means keep doing what you want (...) you need to be original, be creative and take your own style and own method to a 2pac mix.
              agree to some point, but back to the take your own style & method thing: do not fuck it up with effects & custom hooks

Though by saying this theres nothing wrong with using 1-2 retail hiphop beats every now and then.
              theres nothing wrong with using 50-100 retail beats every now and then, actually retail beats are mostly better than the internet beats everybody uses, why? because they are made by pros and not some internet wannabe producers, however that doesnt mean that any retail beat is good and surely not every beat will fit 2pac

the remix scene is overfilled with way too much of this. and you can hear all the junk on youtube. though just find your own way.
              agree

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9066841/rakim_on_tha_mic/

Comment

I made the same mistake when starting. try find beats which bring out 2pac's words to an effect. and get into creating ur own beats. its better than biting off some melody already released. its mixed well though just a heads up. and think more creative, get into scratching and add different effects to the mix.
                to me that's not a mistake
                and for me that's the beats which bring out 2Pac's words to another level
                why should I start create my own beats if I have little-to-no talent & if I know that they would be trash?
                by all means keep doing what you want but if you want to make a different in the 2pac scene especially with remixing
                ive never seen anybody mixing 2Pac with trap beats and do it good
                you know, there are not too many people who are fans of "Pac's Life" album, I'm one of them and I want the follow-up, that's how I returned to the idea of mixing on retail beats, but on 2012-13 ones, not on 2007-08 which were overmixed
                you need to be original, be creative and take your own style and own method to a 2pac mix.
                I thought I have a bit of these, I'm not saying that I'm the greatest mixer of all time, but definitely not the worst one. When my friends and people that I know hear my mixes they think that it's real song and they don't understand where my work is. And I mostly mix for myself, it gives me an inspiration to continue living because in the real life I'm very lonely person, that's why I put my soul in everything that I'm doing.
                Also just to say - I'm not always mix on modern beats, I've also got mixtape in 90's style, and some old school mixes, u can check them out on my datpiff account if you want.

each one of them has a different vibe to their mixes and havehad an impact one way or another.
                I'm not putting myself with them, sometimes (maybe 60-70%) I don't feel their mixes. If u heard about C-Squared and his tapes - then you can see that he's always been my inspiration for mixing.
                and please by all means dont take this to heart or anything. Here to support and help one another.
                yeah homie, that's why we are all here
                if i can stop someone from making the same mistake as me and find their own creativity which makes them unique in their mixes by all means....
                As for me - I think i found the way to do it and I'm developing it, but you know that I can't be objective to myself.
                Just mixing already made retail beats doesn't cut it.. the remix scene is overfilled with way too much of this. and you can hear all the junk on youtube. though just find your own way.
                That's why I'm trying to bring it to another level like it's a real song from the real album, that's always have been my dream

like in the end i tried to use instrumentals and add my own melodies into already made/half made beats.
                I did it too

Originally posted by DJ T.O.B View Post
                agree, u gotta find beats that fit 2pac
                when I create the mix I'm always trynna to come up with the best idea that I have. Sometimes I listen to acapellas to imagine the beat that I want. It takes me 3-4 days to develop the idea of the mix in my mind, only after that I begin to do the mix
                That's why I'm still continue to disagree witchu about beats that fit or don't fit 2Pac
                As for me - 10+ mixes from remix competition are wack as hell & beats don't fit 2Pac. Mine is wack too, I've just come up with the idea but haven't finished the mix properly, just rushed to send it.
                disagree, i'd never tell anybody to get into beatmaking or scratching, i'd tell them to do whatever they want, mixing is just fine and fun as it is, also i disagree to the effects words, effects usually fuck it all up, keep it easy and the result should be nice, i for myself never use effects
                agree witchu, people need to be very-very-very-very-very accurate with the effects

but back to the take your own style & method thing: do not fuck it up with effects & custom hooks
                agree again, there are some fucked up custom hooks which ruin the mix, I'm trying to not to do it like that, I've got my homeboys with great ears to check me if I do something wrong
                theres nothing wrong with using 50-100 retail beats every now and then, actually retail beats are mostly better than the internet beats everybody uses, why? because they are made by pros and not some internet wannabe producers, however that doesnt mean that any retail beat is good and surely not every beat will fit 2pac
                agree again

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X