An idea for you lot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An idea for you lot...

Whilst Pacs vocals seem off on modern beats of the trap kind I have the feeling that they would sound really, really good over the kind of producers that Rick Ross uses (Justice League etc..)

Do one of you kind #DJs feel like whipping up a proof of concept to see how they flow?

Thanks
    I'd like to impart some words that I've always lived by:
    Mo' money, mo money, mo money.

Although I prefer older style remixes for PACs vocals I actually think he can sound OK on newer trap style records... Hail Mary (original mix) for instance does have a kind of trap vibe to it I feel..... in places

Comment

No

Comment

Originally posted by pricey View Post
        Although I prefer older style remixes for PACs vocals I actually think he can sound OK on newer trap style records... Hail Mary (original mix) for instance does have a kind of trap vibe to it I feel..... in places
        It's the hi hats on that one but it's an exception to the rule when it comes to his flow. The reason I feel it would work is those beats sound lush and orchestral and with the right combo of lyrics and beat you could create something decent.

Obviously it would take someone that knows the Ross discography well (I dont) along with a decent mixing skills and the ability to pick a suitable pac acapella.

As I said only a theory for now, let's see.

Comment

Who is this... Rick Ross You speak of?
          MrMind's cpu acapellas & Remasters Share 09/12 - 09/13

MrMind's (2pac Remasters)

MrMind 2pac cpu Acapellas

Comment

Originally posted by MrMind View Post
            Who is this... Rick Ross You speak of?
            From what I can glean he is a portly fellow with a rather splendid ear for beats who appears to have carved himself a niche using wack, repetitive rhymes that are helped endlessly by the sublime production and features singing catchy choruses.

Like Jada said, y'all use beats for help while we help the beats.

Occasionally I do step out of the hip hop 96 time frame only to discover that a)people no longer wear pants big enough to house the Jackson 5 at the same time b) skills evidently don't pay bills no mo and c) the environment has became a tad fruity.

<bumps me against the world on alleged skip proof CD player that you had to hold perfectly straight all the time whilst sipping on a tab clear on my way to the Internet cafe>

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Palmolive Thug View Post
                From what I can glean he is a portly fellow with a rather splendid ear for beats who appears to have carved himself a niche using wack, repetitive rhymes that are helped endlessly by the sublime production and features singing catchy choruses.

Like Jada said, y'all use beats for help while we help the beats.

Occasionally I do step out of the hip hop 96 time frame only to discover that a)people no longer wear pants big enough to house the Jackson 5 at the same time b) skills evidently don't pay bills no mo and c) the environment has became a tad fruity.

<bumps me against the world on alleged skip proof CD player that you had to hold perfectly straight all the time whilst sipping on a tab clear on my way to the Internet cafe>
                I'll check it out
                MrMind's cpu acapellas & Remasters Share 09/12 - 09/13

MrMind's (2pac Remasters)

MrMind 2pac cpu Acapellas

Comment

Your right it is definitely the hats on HM that give it that vibe... I know what you mean bud, I have heard PAC on some cinematic sounding beats (strings/orchestration etc) but I can never really decide if it quite works.. IMO of course :-)

Comment

Originally posted by pricey View Post
                    Thats right. There are just a few acapellas of 2Pac's last recordings. They would fit with new school beats. For example Let's get it on or Hail Mary how ya said
                    Hail Mary... Come with me... .

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                    Working...
                    X