Fuck Whatcha Heard (OG Sample Mix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kool81 View Post
    2Pac The Heat Ft. Stretch (OG Vibe Short Mix)

2Pac The Heat Ft. Stretch (OG Vibe Short Instrumental Mix)

[MENTION=1313]Krysis [MENTION=10977]realest2947 [MENTION=15439]Husxle [MENTION=15514]killathuggRMX [MENTION=943]MrMind
    That sounds pretty good, thanks!

Also not a big fan of OG Vibes, but would like to save these files.

Comment

Originally posted by KW View Post
      Execelent remake, well done.
      Thanks man, it's been a while how u been bro

Comment

Originally posted by Dominator View Post
        Sounds very dope, props!
        Thanks bro, it was a hard task putting it together

Comment

Originally posted by Steez View Post
          [MENTION=16672]kool81 wow. usually I don't check too many OG Vibe things cause – while they are a great effort – they tend to fall short of the original. So I still end up listening to originals. But this remake is damn good, homie. psshtt. that was better than good, that was phenomenal.

Can you do Hellrazor? *please*

[MENTION=1313]Krysis sorry man, I skimmed through the thread, I didn't mean to overlook your effort. Just checked it out. Its definitely capture that essence of the original but is very much its own thing too, I like it, its a legit alternate vibe. y'all making me wanna give OG vibes more of a chance again.
          [MENTION=1313]Krysis [MENTION=16672]kool81 can you upload links to the original files? i'd like to save these but not from youtube
          Same here. I get what most OG Vibes are trying to accomplish but a lot of times I notice the aim is not towards making every instrument sound as close to the original as possible, so like u said, I be preferring the originals as well. Even with this OG Vibe I couldn't exactly replicate everything from the original but I gave it my best shot to capture the OG lol which I think is another thing about OG Vibes that kinda annoys me. A lot of times they sound like someone just "threw something together". With a little polish, an OG Vibe can be sometimes better than the OG when care is put into it and especially if the producer/beat maker makes an effort to keep the OG in mind and wherever the OG Vibe falls short, it has things about it that appear to make improvements upon the OG

As far as Hellrazor, that will be somewhat of a challenge lol. It might be because of nostalgia for me. I originally heard what QD3 did for the retail version 1st and by the time I heard the original my mind was made up that QD3's version was the version I preferred. Not saying it's better but when I finally heard the OG, I thought "ugh"... Lol I'ma have to check out the OG again and look up the samples to get a better appreciation for it.

As far as links, I'll add the Mega link later on today.
          Last edited by kool81; 04-19-2020, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danijel82 View Post
            That sounds pretty good, thanks!

Also not a big fan of OG Vibes, but would like to save these files.
            Thanks bro, I'll add the Mega link later on today.

Comment

I wondered if Pac heard the ATR soundtrack in its demo stage, heard this sample being used and got stretch to use it too? Cause I think Hellrazor was recorded around that time frame (end of 93, beginning of 94) Pac probably a fan of what Common had with it but the ATR soundtrack might have made him think of the sample again. I think the best version of Hellrazor is the copy from the untitled interscope cassette tape (manu's find) the levels of each layer in the song is more dynamic, server sounds flat and probably not best quality. 122's hell razor clip is even better quality, but I wondered about one element of the sample, it sounds like its been cut off short, don't know if thats just the way it is at the end of that version or if pizzaro / stretch trimmed the sample (that little piano sounding thing that comes and goes in the background)

Last edited by Steez; 04-19-2020, 01:04 PM.
              Running from the police..

No matter what I do..

Comment

I wondered if Pac heard the ATR soundtrack in its demo stage, heard this sample being used and got stretch to use it too? Cause I think Hellrazor was recorded around that time frame (end of 93, beginning of 94) Pac probably a fan of what Common had with it but the ATR soundtrack might have made him think of the sample again. I think the best version of Hellrazor is the copy from the untitled interscope cassette tape (manu's find) the levels of each layer in the song is more dynamic, server sounds flat and probably not best quality. 122's hell razor clip is even better quality, but I wondered about one element of the sample, it sounds like its been cut off short, don't know if thats just the way it is at the end of that version or if pizzaro / stretch trimmed the sample (that little piano sounding thing that comes and goes in the background)

Ain't that some shit... I have that Eddie Kendricks song on a CD and that was one of my favorites on the disc lol. I never did put 2 and 2 together that That was being used as the sample for Hellrazor. (Damn that's crazy) there's quite few versions on YouTube which I think are OG Vibes. What's the "Interscope Tape Version"? Can add a link/embed the video (if it's on YouTube)

Comment

What's the "Interscope Tape Version"? Can add a link/embed the video (if it's on YouTube)

Comment

Ain't that some shit... I have that Eddie Kendricks song on a CD and that was one of my favorites on the disc lol. I never did put 2 and 2 together that That was being used as the sample for Hellrazor. (Damn that's crazy) there's quite few versions on YouTube which I think are OG Vibes. What's the "Interscope Tape Version"? Can add a link/embed the video (if it's on YouTube)
                    cray. i never noticed that hellrazor has the same sample as ol times sake. btw i read that sweet sable is blind now?she had one LP out right?that jam was tight
                    Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

[MENTION=16672]kool81

I can tell your interest in remaking Hellrazor has grown just a little bit If you decide to take it on, i'm sure you'd do it justice. This clip is the best quality to analyse the instrumental with

Running from the police..

No matter what I do..

Comment

[MENTION=16672]kool81

I can tell your interest in remaking Hellrazor has grown just a little bit If you decide to take it on, i'm sure you'd do it justice. This clip is the best quality to analyse the instrumental with

https://mega.nz/file/rVMzmKyb#7ORpuj...d7h_xtQ8mf0zKI
                        Yeah especially now knowing that it comes from one of my favorite Eddie Kendricks songs. That clip is dope. I swear there's stuff on here I can't find anywhere else. I'll be wondering how ya'll be getting ahold of some of this stuff lol

Comment

[MENTION=16672]kool81 very dope bro
                          I Feel His Hands On My Brain, When I Write Rhymes I Go Blind And Let The Lord Do His Thang

YOUTUBE
                          https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCy-d3k7LXFFBDNgaMcHAOXQ

FaceFuck
                          https://www.facebook.com/cristo.white.73

SoundCloud
                          https://soundcloud.com/tupackillathuggrmx

InstaGramm
                          https://www.instagram.com/killathuggrmx/

Comment

NOW AINT THAT SOME SHXT!!!!

This is so sad. Remember Sweet Sable — “Old Times’ Sake” from the ‘Above The Rim’ soundtrack? Sable, whose real name was Sybil Jefferies is one of the most recent talents to lose her life to COVID-19.

The passing of Jefferies, who also released music under the name Ceybil Jefferies, was first confirmed on Facebook by friend and co-artist Aaron Paar. Salaam Remi also mourned Jefferies’ death in an Instagram posted last week.

Ceybil "Sweet Sable" Jefferies passed away last week after being diagnosed with coronavirus. In the early 00's Jefferies lost her sight to neurosarcoidosis, an inflammatory disease that affects multiple organs in the body, but mostly the lungs making it difficult to breathe.

[MENTION=1068]Steez [MENTION=2030]blacpain
                            Last edited by RoyalPurple; 04-20-2020, 04:42 PM.
                            Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

oh sad to hear

is the "Old Times' Sake (After Hours Mix) Remix – Def Jef, Meech Wells" the same version as the "Old Times' Sake (Def Jef Mix) (Above The Rim Mix) Remix [Additional Remix By] – Def Jef, Meech Wells" like the Soundtrack version or any differences?
                              Last edited by BlacPain; 04-20-2020, 07:02 PM.
                              collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

What’s funny about all this is I hit up Ron G about the sample YEARS ago, and his reply to my email was “it has no sample...” from that day forth I was set on finding the sample. Makes me think he didn’t even produce this, he just featured it. Would love to see the look on his face now that [MENTION=16672]kool81 produced a carbon copy of this lmao

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X