• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killathuggRMX View Post
    [MENTION=16672]kool81 very dope bro
    Thanks bro. Sent a lil suh-n to yo inbox homey

Comment

Originally posted by Krysis View Post
      What’s funny about all this is I hit up Ron G about the sample YEARS ago, and his reply to my email was “it has no sample...” from that day forth I was set on finding the sample. Makes me think he didn’t even produce this, he just featured it. Would love to see the look on his face now that [MENTION=16672]kool81 produced a carbon copy of this lmao
      Another thing, when murdaonyou_beatz (@murdaonyou on here) uploaded his remake on instagram, he tagged Ron G on the post. He responded with some emojis giving his approval which I thought was cool. I asked him about samples too in the comment section and was mentioning possible samples as guesses, he never responded back... So I think u [MENTION=1313]Krysis might be right about him probably not having anything to do with the production himself. My best guess would be either be Stretch/LiveSquad or LG

Comment

Originally posted by kool81 View Post
        Same here. I get what most OG Vibes are trying to accomplish but a lot of times I notice the aim is not towards making every instrument sound as close to the original as possible, so like u said, I be preferring the originals as well. Even with this OG Vibe I couldn't exactly replicate everything from the original but I gave it my best shot to capture the OG lol which I think is another thing about OG Vibes that kinda annoys me. A lot of times they sound like someone just "threw something together". With a little polish, an OG Vibe can be sometimes better than the OG when care is put into it and especially if the producer/beat maker makes an effort to keep the OG in mind and wherever the OG Vibe falls short, it has things about it that appear to make improvements upon the OG

As far as Hellrazor, that will be somewhat of a challenge lol. It might be because of nostalgia for me. I originally heard what QD3 did for the retail version 1st and by the time I heard the original my mind was made up that QD3's version was the version I preferred. Not saying it's better but when I finally heard the OG, I thought "ugh"... Lol I'ma have to check out the OG again and look up the samples to get a better appreciation for it.

As far as links, I'll add the Mega link later on today.

Bro, this was by far greater than mot expected...truly amazing!!! If you do each OGV like this we will all be grateful. Can't wait for the Mega link to DL this gem!

Comment

Yeah especially now knowing that it comes from one of my favorite Eddie Kendricks songs. That clip is dope. I swear there's stuff on here I can't find anywhere else. I'll be wondering how ya'll be getting ahold of some of this stuff lol
          [MENTION=16672]kool81 if you could remake a HellRaiser OGV that sounds like this i would be truly amazing. DO you think you can take it on next?

Comment

This is dope!! Def need a DL link.

Comment

Originally posted by realest2947 View Post
              [MENTION=16672]if you could remake a HellRaiser OGV that sounds like this i would be truly amazing.

https://mega.nz/file/rVMzmKyb#7ORpuj...d7h_xtQ8mf0zKI
              Your link isn't working, it was copied with "..." in it.

Comment

Thanks bro, I'll add the Mega link later on today.
                Sweet OGV. Stellar work.
                I'm looking forward to downloading and listening to this mix in HQ.

Is it possible and do you have plans to add Keith Murray and It's Alive to complete the track?

Comment

What about Keith Murrays Verse?Was it Mixed in later or was KM in the studio?

Who was ItsAlive?
                  Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                    Sweet OGV. Stellar work.
                    I'm looking forward to downloading and listening to this mix in HQ.

Is it possible and do you have plans to add Keith Murray and It's Alive to complete the track?
                    Yeah, I'ma try to do the full version later. I wanted to make this a version that focuses mainly on 2Pac & Stretch.

Comment

[MENTION=15514]killathuggRMX yo I'm not sure if you have a version of the OG that didn't have Ron G screaming at the the beginning on top of Stretch's intro or you were able to remove him somehow. Do you have a version of the acapella where Ron G isn't screaming over Keith Murray's part also?

Comment

[MENTION=15514]killathuggRMX yo I'm not sure if you have a version of the OG that didn't have Ron G screaming at the the beginning on top of Stretch's intro or you were able to remove him somehow. Do you have a version of the acapella where Ron G isn't screaming over Keith Murray's part also?
                        There's two different versions from two different mixtapes where Ron G shouted at different parts

Comment

Originally posted by Esoteric View Post
                          There's two different versions from two different mixtapes where Ron G shouted at different parts
                          I'm guessing there is no version without him on Keith Murray's part then lol

Comment

this any good bro??

I Feel His Hands On My Brain, When I Write Rhymes I Go Blind And Let The Lord Do His Thang

YOUTUBE
                            https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCy-d3k7LXFFBDNgaMcHAOXQ

FaceFuck
                            https://www.facebook.com/cristo.white.73

SoundCloud
                            https://soundcloud.com/tupackillathuggrmx

InstaGramm
                            https://www.instagram.com/killathuggrmx/

Comment

Originally posted by killathuggRMX View Post
                              [MENTION=15514]killathuggRMX I just checked out the pella. Well, I definitely appreciate what u do bro... I don't know if it's even possible to remove Ron G from the vocal, so I'ma make it work for the sake of you sending me this bro. Thanks again man.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X