2Pac - Rear View (KREW Remix) [REQUESTED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2Pac - Rear View (KREW Remix) [REQUESTED]

Did this mix for [MENTION=915]Hard2Kill where he wanted the Starin Thru My Rear View vocals laid on a instrumental similar to Grab Tha Mic. It turned out pretty good imo. Let me know your thoughts.

I mixed 2 versions: Solo and Outlawz features

Solo Mix:

Outlawz Mix:

#vip #dj #everyone

MIXTAPE DISCOGRAPHY:
    http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...92711&p=676617

Thanks KREW, will check it out a bit later, playing some BDP I don't want to pause

Comment

Originally posted by KREW View Post
      Did this mix for [MENTION=915]Hard2Kill where he wanted the Starin Thru My Rear View vocals laid on a instrumental similar to Grab Tha Mic. It turned out pretty good imo. Let me know your thoughts.

I mixed 2 versions: Solo and Outlawz features

Solo Mix:

Outlawz Mix:

#vip #dj #everyone
      OMG!! This is gangster!! Thanx!!

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
      If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,
      but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

-John 15:18-19

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
      -Revelation 1:18

"They claim that I'm violent."
      -Tupac Shakur

Comment

Sounds good bro

Comment

Much Props [MENTION=306]KREW this was real nice. What i would've preferred personally in comparison to [MENTION=2072]KW (even though his version was just a rough mix) was the samples kicking in before 2Pac's 1st verse drop.

It sounds more entertaining that way as how the song gets presented to the listener.

Once again Thanks for putting time into this. Reps+ Given !

Comment

Originally posted by Hard2Kill View Post
            Much Props [MENTION=306]KREW this was real nice. What i would've preferred personally in comparison to [MENTION=2072]KW (even though his version was just a rough mix) was the samples kicking in before 2Pac's 1st verse drop.

It sounds more entertaining that way as how the song gets presented to the listener.

Once again Thanks for putting time into this. Reps+ Given !
            Oh I don't recall if you asked for that. I like the build up in this beat more so I stuck with that. Makes it sound like a album cut instead of a rough demo.

MIXTAPE DISCOGRAPHY:

Comment

Oh I don't recall if you asked for that.
              Sorry forgot to mention that part. I'm very used to listening to the leaked version we have, i can't imagine the beginning of the song sounding any other kind of way lol.

I like the build up in this beat more so I stuck with that. Makes it sound like a album cut instead of a rough demo.
              To each his own. It's all good.

Comment

Wow great work KREW! I really like it, only thing for me is that the vocals are maybe a little too loud?

Comment

The theory of this mix really doesn't match up to the practice based on what I've heard. Was there a switchup featuring the Grab The Mic pella over the Rearview beat a while back? I seem to remember something along those lines that sounded dope.
                  [MENTION=306]KREW if you pitch the beat up a bit it works a heck of lot better as Pacs raps still have that urgency in them also consider whacking a tape saturation filter on the instrumental to give it that fatness its currently lacking and it should be much better plus drop the vocals by a bit.
                  I'd like to impart some words that I've always lived by:
                  Mo' money, mo money, mo money.

Comment

[MENTION=842]D-Ace [MENTION=10086]Palmolive Thug

I'll drop the vocals volume down a little. It's been like a year since I've mixed so I'm a little rusty lol

MIXTAPE DISCOGRAPHY:

Comment

Originally posted by Palmolive Thug View Post
                      Was there a switchup featuring the Grab The Mic pella over the Rearview beat a while back? I seem to remember something along those lines that sounded dope.

Special courtesy of [MENTION=747]HAL 9000

Comment

Originally posted by Hard2Kill View Post
                        http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread.php?t=98058

Special courtesy of [MENTION=747]HAL 9000
                        Thats the one. That mix had so much potential and really worked well even with a crappy pella. Peeped the thread and LOL at prodding these DJs a year ago to make your mix, told you homie - they work at a Dr Dre pace
                        I'd like to impart some words that I've always lived by:
                        Mo' money, mo money, mo money.

Comment

So supposedly 6 people have 2 versions of Grab The Mic CDQ??. This is going to the grave with these guys i reckon.

Comment

Peeped the thread and LOL at prodding these DJs a year ago to make your mix, told you homie - they work at a Dr Dre pace
                            To be fair, they're just Forum DJ's. They do this for fun, it's just a hobby. They're not actual producers with a reputation to build nor do their lives depend on it. Nobody's getting paid. It's all voluntary work. Nobody's obligated.

If anyone actually feels that a DJ owes him something then I'd highly advise that person to look at himself in the mirror. Not the DJ.

Comment

Thats the one. That mix had so much potential and really worked well even with a crappy pella. Peeped the thread and LOL at prodding these DJs a year ago to make your mix, told you homie - they work at a Dr Dre pace
                              I mean we're not getting paid to do these requests so whoever wants to bug or demand a mix when they ask for one, they can kiss both sides of my ass lol

MIXTAPE DISCOGRAPHY:

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X