Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remixing 2Pac's music has become boring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

propz [MENTION=943]MrMind & [MENTION=10086]Palmolive Thug
    I Feel His Hands On My Brain, When I Write Rhymes I Go Blind And Let The Lord Do His Thang

YOUTUBE
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCy-d3k7LXFFBDNgaMcHAOXQ

FaceFuck
    https://www.facebook.com/cristo.white.73

SoundCloud
    https://soundcloud.com/tupackillathuggrmx

InstaGramm
    https://www.instagram.com/killathuggrmx/

Comment

Originally posted by PainIsLove4Thugz View Post
      Remember in the late 90s / early 2000 when it was fun? That was dope back then, from time to time a new acapella leaked, we were makin solo or forum mixtapes damn... I feel old.
      Simple mixers like me who only used others instrumentals to create blends were limited in term of creativity, i mean maybe if i turned into a beatmaker i would've mix more.

First we did simple blends, then we used different artists to create featurings, we learned to make cpus which was great to make exclusive mixes, after that we created custom chorus ha ha, that shit was dope... And last we played with vocals to make Pac say things he never said which is actually what Dj Chop Up do but he's really good at it. I remember i made Pac say "Jlo" for a mix, it was simple but it was so cool.

I still record test mixes when i got an idea or hear a beat, then i share them to [MENTION=2072]KW but that's all, it remains unfinished.

Your Pac mixes were the first i ever downloaded when i was about 12. I was blown away.

I Know Death Follows Me
      But
      I'll Murder Him First

Comment

Originally posted by Creation View Post
        Your Pac mixes were the first i ever downloaded when i was about 12. I was blown away.
        I feel even older now

Comment

Originally posted by Palmolive Thug View Post
          Might be a bit of an obvious question but have you ever considered aligning a few of your CG pellas (ie the ones done with different frequency roll cancellations that each have their own artifacts) along with a PhonicMind one and going through them with an automated volume level to mute out the "bad" parts of one and mix in the aspects of others before rendering it as that, in theory, should allow the best of both worlds to create a super clean pella.

Also shout outs to [MENTION=15514]killathuggRMX as your mixes have came along tremendously since the jump off. [MENTION=1133]Rock is also really good at selecting beats that hide the CG artifacts.

The rest of y'all #DJs need to peep out that AAR pella that [MENTION=943]MrMind knocked out a while back as its so clean as is his Picture Me Rollin one.
          Yeah, I have the AAR CPU pella Mr Mind uploaded awhile back. Haven’t decided on what to mix it with yet. I’ve already done a mix of that song for a forum mixtape but using an inferior cpu acappella.
          "Being in Marin City was like a small town so it taught me to be more straight forward with my style. Instead of of being so metaphorical with the rhyme where i might say something like...
          I'm the hysterical, lyrical miracle
          I'm the hypothetical, incredible....
          I was encouraged to go straight at it and hit it dead on and not waste time trying to cover things..." - 2Pac

Comment

Originally posted by Dominator View Post
            I think there's still potential to create fresh mixes with overused acapellas. Out-of-the-box-thinking remixes, like that DJ Chop Up guy does, or beat variations similar to Last Wordz on S4MN. That DJ Vlad blend of the Biggie MSG freestyle over the M.O.P. Ante Up beat is something I still find amazing. Something of that kind.

You could put the retail beat over the If My Homie Calls live performance for example
            Or when I remade that MSG performance with the accas

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
            Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Slut View Post
              Mixing is boring. Even if there's a reel where you basically all the layers nicely aligned, it is a never ending task to play with panning and volume levels for each layer. I've rarely been satisfied with the outcome. When bumping a mix later on, there's always at least one layer that is too loud or something else.
              Maybe that's why mix engineers go bald or grey hair faster than anyone in the recording industry

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
              Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Creation View Post
                I have tons of other music, but it's more the fact its nice to make a pac mix here & there, but every acapella has been used to death.
                Damn, you should have been there in the pre-2005 times. We had like 8 acappellas, and half of them were wack. How many acappellas we have now, like 50?
                It make homos game at females.

Comment

Originally posted by coughdrops View Post
                  Damn, you should have been there in the pre-2005 times. We had like 8 acappellas, and half of them were wack. How many acappellas we have now, like 50?
                  ha ha...The ones I recall hearing back in the day used a lot were Do 4 Love, Hell 4 a Hustler & This Life I lead.

Comment

I feel like there too many people mixing pac and its flooded with mixes (usually crap mixes mixed with some mainstream beat getting millions of views). The good mixes get overlooked because we been flooded with same track mixed horrible over and over.
                    "Very nice. So what is it, *Mr.* Cocksucker now?...Lunch is for wimps."

Comment

C50barz, the guy who leaked the Jim balushi 2pac taple, mixes weekly still. I think his mixes are slept on. Hes been doing it for years, but rarely promotes it aside from the OG post lol.

Comment

I don't know what you have. But 50? I don't know what all you guys have, but there's exactly 137 leaked 2Pac studio acapellas that I see right in front of me. Where did you get 50? I realize that is some Acapellas are unleaked still, but damn bro, lol. 50? I hope your being sarcastic.

Comment

DAVE and another forum guy had beef back then, because DAVEs people lifted the song "thug life"s acapella from a mix.

Comment

Originally posted by 7thdayz View Post
                            I don't know what you have. But 50? I don't know what all you guys have, but there's exactly 137 leaked 2Pac studio acapellas that I see right in front of me. Where did you get 50? I realize that is some Acapellas are unleaked still, but damn bro, lol. 50? I hope your being sarcastic.
                            I haven't made a mix in almost a decade, I really don't know what's out there, only that its a lot more than when I used to make lots of stuff back pre-2005. I had no idea there was 137! damn.
                            It make homos game at females.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominator View Post
                              Be creative and think of something new instead of just mixing Pac's vocals over a Hip Hop beat.
                              I wonder if given the chance would you pitch this stupid idea in an Amaru boardroom meeting ?

Because the results would be staggering ..

Comment

[MENTION=15384]7thdayz
                                C50barz, the guy who leaked the Jim balushi 2pac taple, mixes weekly still. I think his mixes are slept on. Hes been doing it for years, but rarely promotes it aside from the OG post lol.
                                yer i speak to C50barz on bomb1st n he does do some great mixz,i think mixing get boaring for people jus wit tha lack of good acapellaz n the lack of dope beats but u gotta have a try ay
                                I Feel His Hands On My Brain, When I Write Rhymes I Go Blind And Let The Lord Do His Thang

YOUTUBE
                                https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCy-d3k7LXFFBDNgaMcHAOXQ

FaceFuck
                                https://www.facebook.com/cristo.white.73

SoundCloud
                                https://soundcloud.com/tupackillathuggrmx

InstaGramm
                                https://www.instagram.com/killathuggrmx/

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X