Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remixing 2Pac's music has become boring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remixing 2Pac's music has become boring.

I know alot will think this isn't the section to post this, but i feel it is.
    Anyone else bored of remixing the same acapellas. Don't get me wrong, if we had new Pac acapellas i would be all over them, but mixing the same acapellas over & over has become dull. I know this isn't anything new, i've been feeling like this for years at this stage.

I Know Death Follows Me
    But
    I'll Murder Him First

What I wonder is why y'all sit on your hands when it comes to the sheer volume of new pellas that [MENTION=943]MrMind drops (or dropped) on the regular and yet remix the same old tired tracks again and again. Look at AAR for example, super clean CG pella and one person made a mix.

When that Photoshop for audio drops then we'll see a crazy surge in brand new old Pac vocals like the boy Chop been doing manually:

Ain't my vibe but appreciate the effort either way but the beat on this one is just bumpin:

I'm pretty sure I hit you with a concept for a tape a while back that would've been dope and different and once again crickets so best check ya self!
    I'd like to impart some words that I've always lived by:
    Mo' money, mo money, mo money.

Comment

i rarely mix nowadays, but not because its boring, just got no time.
      i don't know, if there's a beat and theres a "perfect" pella for it it gotta be mixed together, i dont care how often the pella got mixed.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9066841/rakim_on_tha_mic/

Comment

Be creative and think of something new instead of just mixing Pac's vocals over a Hip Hop beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominator View Post
          Be creative and think of something new instead of just mixing Pac's vocals over a Hip Hop beat.

I have tons of other music, but it's more the fact its nice to make a pac mix here & there, but every acapella has been used to death.

I Know Death Follows Me
          But
          I'll Murder Him First

Comment

Originally posted by Creation View Post
            I have tons of other music, but it's more the fact its nice to make a pac mix here & there, but every acapella has been used to death.
            I think there's still potential to create fresh mixes with overused acapellas. Out-of-the-box-thinking remixes, like that DJ Chop Up guy does, or beat variations similar to Last Wordz on S4MN. That DJ Vlad blend of the Biggie MSG freestyle over the M.O.P. Ante Up beat is something I still find amazing. Something of that kind.

You could put the retail beat over the If My Homie Calls live performance for example

Comment

U can remix my vocals if u want

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
              www.gener80s.com

Comment

you could also try acapellas from phonicmind

Hello, this is Tupac, the person that you are trying to destroy with this bullshit you writing.
                First of all, I have no problem with handicap people. Before you print some shit like this, you should check with me. Asshole.

Comment

Remember in the late 90s / early 2000 when it was fun? That was dope back then, from time to time a new acapella leaked, we were makin solo or forum mixtapes damn... I feel old.
                  Simple mixers like me who only used others instrumentals to create blends were limited in term of creativity, i mean maybe if i turned into a beatmaker i would've mix more.

First we did simple blends, then we used different artists to create featurings, we learned to make cpus which was great to make exclusive mixes, after that we created custom chorus ha ha, that shit was dope... And last we played with vocals to make Pac say things he never said which is actually what Dj Chop Up do but he's really good at it. I remember i made Pac say "Jlo" for a mix, it was simple but it was so cool.

I still record test mixes when i got an idea or hear a beat, then i share them to [MENTION=2072]KW but that's all, it remains unfinished.

Comment

Mixing is boring. Even if there's a reel where you basically have all the layers nicely aligned, it is a never ending task to play with panning and volume levels for each layer. I've rarely been satisfied with the outcome. When bumping a mix later on, there's always at least one layer that is too loud or something else.
                    Last edited by Slut; 08-23-2018, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Creation View Post
                      I know alot will think this isn't the section to post this, but i feel it is.
                      Anyone else bored of remixing the same acapellas. Don't get me wrong, if we had new Pac acapellas i would be all over them, but mixing the same acapellas over & over has become dull. I know this isn't anything new, i've been feeling like this for years at this stage.
                      You are %100 Right, It has been boring for years now. Once in a while a mix catches my attention, but that's it. Like [MENTION=10086]Palmolive Thug said, I did post a lot of new cpu acapellas and only a couple of people mixed them. The reason is that people these days are really picky, if they dont sound studio they wont even touch them. Also, PhonicMiind acapellas sound good, but people will complain about some of the computerized noises in them. If you really are a good mixer, you can hide all the noise with the right instrumental. People want things to be really easy. In reality it takes work and practice to be a good Dj/Mixer, which requires a lot of time that most of us dont have anymore. The only one trying right now is [MENTION=15514]killathuggRMX.
                      Last edited by MrMind; 08-21-2018, 02:51 PM.
                      MrMind's cpu acapellas & Remasters Share 09/12 - 09/13

MrMind's (2pac Remasters)

MrMind 2pac cpu Acapellas

Comment

Originally posted by Dominator View Post
                        That DJ Vlad blend of the Biggie MSG freestyle over the M.O.P. Ante Up beat is something I still find amazing.
                        Can u share this track?

Comment

Originally posted by 2psah View Post
                          Can u share this track?

Comment

Originally posted by underdog View Post
                            Ah thanx. I did not not know it was on the Rap Phenomenon cd. Got it on my Hdd.
                            [MENTION=12451]Dominator Damn your right.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMind View Post
                              You are %100 Right, It has been boring for years now. Once in a while a mix catches my attention, but that's it. Like [MENTION=10086]Palmolive Thug said, I did post a lot of new cpu acapellas and only a couple of people mixed them. The reason is that people these days are really picky, if they dont sound studio they wont even touch them. Also, PhonicMiind acapellas sound good, but people will complain about some of the computerized noises in them. If you really are a good mixer, you can hide all the noise with the right instrumental. People want things to be really easy. In reality it takes work and practice to be a good Dj/Mixer, which requires a lot of time that most of us dont have anymore. The only one trying right now is [MENTION=15514]killathuggRMX.
                              Might be a bit of an obvious question but have you ever considered aligning a few of your CG pellas (ie the ones done with different frequency roll cancellations that each have their own artifacts) along with a PhonicMind one and going through them with an automated volume level to mute out the "bad" parts of one and mix in the aspects of others before rendering it as that, in theory, should allow the best of both worlds to create a super clean pella.

Also shout outs to [MENTION=15514]killathuggRMX as your mixes have came along tremendously since the jump off. [MENTION=1133]Rock is also really good at selecting beats that hide the CG artifacts.

The rest of y'all #DJs need to peep out that AAR pella that [MENTION=943]MrMind knocked out a while back as its so clean as is his Picture Me Rollin one.
                              I'd like to impart some words that I've always lived by:
                              Mo' money, mo money, mo money.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X