Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temptations (Computer Love / I Get Around Remix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temptations (Computer Love / I Get Around Remix)

Temptations (Computer Love / I Get Around Remix)
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Temptations (Computer Love / I Get Around Remix Instrumental)
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Shout out to [MENTION=943]MrMind for the acapella for Temptations 1st and foremost.
    Looks like I still can't embed videos yet (Lord have mercy lol) so as usual if someone would so kindly embed the 2 videos here from my channel on YouTube "WizzattzProductions" I would greatly appreciate it.

Description as posted on my WizzattzProductions channel on YouTube

Shout out to "MrMind" from 2pac-forum.com as usual for the "Pacapellas" ✌️

This is a Wizzattz & MrMind Reproduction ��

"Temptations"...

Now I ain't gone lie (Lol when people start a sentence with that I joke wit 'em like "oh so everything else you said before this was a lie then huh"?) when I first heard 2Pac's "Temptations" on the "Me Against The World" Album as a pre-teen I would sometimes skip it cuz I wasn't too fond of it. It wasn't until I got older, started making beats and sampling that I began to love the song and truly appreciated Easy Mo Bee's production style, especially the way he muffles/filters samples to where they have a "bassy" and "gritty" sound.
    Now when It comes to this remix, I wanted to of course retain the flavor of the original elements that made up the production for the beat, but as usual, make the beat use more elements of the song that it samples for the main melody or foundation. In this case, it's Roger & Zapp's "Computer Love" (Everybody love's "Computer Love". I can't think of anyone who doesn't like it lol��) So what I did was resample a portion of "Computer Love" and used on Pro Tools what is called on a "Vintage Filter" to remake the "bassy/gritty" foundation of 2Pac's "Temptations" beat, but I also sampled the classic snare and clap of "Computer Love" to add to the mix. As far as the classic scratch sounds that's in "Computer Love" (Ra-Ra-Ra Rooooooy Lmao) I actually had to sample the ones at the very beginning of Roger & Zapp's song "Slow & Easy" because the scratches are isolated on that particular song. Definitely had to sample the "Hey-Eeey" portions from Redman's "Watch Yo Nuggets". I replayed and the guitar, (guitar that's panned on the left side of the mix) and an ethereal synth to capture that "Computer Love" vibe. Rhodes, (simple notes played in "Temptations") Hi-Hats, Cymbal, Bass and Shaker using Reason 8.0. I originally tried to replay the "Sax" sound that appears on the hook, (at least that's what I think it is lol) but it just didn't sound right to me, so I sampled the one that's on the instrumental version of "Temptations" (I always wondered why there were 2 different mixes to "Temptations" as far as the beat? maybe someone has an answer)
    Towards the very end of making this remix I thought to myself about the fact that both "Temptations" and "I Get Around" sample "Computer Love", so I started playing around with a sample of the "You Know I've Been Around" line/portion from "Computer Love" and added it in to connect/blend all 3 songs together. This can be looked at as a remix beat for "I Get Around" as well, so If anyone has the acapella for "I Get Around", feel free to try to sync it to the instrumental.

R.I.P 2Pac and Roger Troutman...
    Last edited by kool81; 12-02-2019, 03:04 PM.

Last edited by Husxle; 12-01-2019, 12:35 AM.

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
    If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,
    but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

-John 15:18-19

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
    -Revelation 1:18

"They claim that I'm violent."
    -Tupac Shakur

Comment

Raw afffff btw!!!!!!

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
      If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,
      but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

-John 15:18-19

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
      -Revelation 1:18

"They claim that I'm violent."
      -Tupac Shakur

Comment

Originally posted by Husxle View Post
        Raw afffff btw!!!!!!
        Thanks a lot bro

Comment

I heard this before I even saw your thread because I’m subscribed. Computer love is one of my favorite jams, especially the Charlie Wilson version.

It’s funny because this song couldn’t be any more relevant in today’s age in regards to all this technology
          Last edited by murdaonyou; 12-01-2019, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by murdaonyou View Post
            I heard this before I even saw your thread because I’m subscribed. Computer love is of my favorite jams, especially the Charlie Wilson version.

It’s funny because this song couldn’t be any more relevant in today’s age in regards to all this technology
            I always wondered what made Roger Troutman come up with "Computer Love" cuz there wasn't any internet back then. Maaaan so you know about the 12 inch mix version of Computer Love too huh?
            Last edited by kool81; 12-01-2019, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kool81 View Post
              I always wondered what made Roger Troutman come up with "Computer Love" cuz there wasn't any internet back then. Maaaan so you know about the 12 inch mix version of Computer Love too huh?
              Yeh I have it in my iTunes library https://www.discogs.com/Zapp-Roger-F...elease/4687267

I’ve read somewhere that it’s the original but Wilson’s label at the time wanted him off the track

I smoke mad joints to songs like that especially “ telephone bill” that’s my go to weed song and also “ don’t wanna be lonely tonight”
              Last edited by murdaonyou; 12-01-2019, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Could someone up the computer love cd single with Charlie?

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2thastreetz View Post
                  Could someone up the computer love cd single with Charlie?
                  Also the 8 min long 12" inch extended mix. That's the version I used to make this remix I forgot to mention that part lol

Comment

Thx for this. Were blessed that fans are now this skilled to keep the legacy alive and fresh with remixes that make sense. Otherwise we were stuck with the filth thats on youtube. Mosrlt of the remixes there make my ears bleed.
                    sigpic

Comment

Nice production. I'm really digging it

Comment

Originally posted by 7hemack View Post
                        Thx for this. Were blessed that fans are now this skilled to keep the legacy alive and fresh with remixes that make sense. Otherwise we were stuck with the filth thats on youtube. Mosrlt of the remixes there make my ears bleed.
                        Trust me, I know exactly what your talking about. The worst thing in the world to me is trying to take an artist of the past vocals and just throwing them on any type of beat and say it's to bring them into relevancy or to "contemporize" them with a new sound. Ugh, that shit irks the fuck out of me. What is the real need for that? Imagine throwing Michael Jackson vocals on a trap beat... And let's throw Lil Yachty or any of the other "Lil's" as a guest...
                        I get it though, a lot of these "producers" (I use that term very loosely) are actually more focused on showcasing there beats rather than doing the homework to study the style(s) of music of the particular artist to where they can build a beat that would suit that artist vocals properly

Comment

Originally posted by Dominator View Post
                          Nice production. I'm really digging it
                          Much appreciated bro

Comment

great work as always [MENTION=16672]kool81
                            I Feel His Hands On My Brain, When I Write Rhymes I Go Blind And Let The Lord Do His Thang

YOUTUBE
                            https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCy-d3k7LXFFBDNgaMcHAOXQ

FaceFuck
                            https://www.facebook.com/cristo.white.73

SoundCloud
                            https://soundcloud.com/tupackillathuggrmx

InstaGramm
                            https://www.instagram.com/killathuggrmx/

Comment

Originally posted by kool81 View Post
                              Shout out to [MENTION=943]MrMind for the acapella for Temptations 1st and foremost.
                              Looks like I still can't embed videos yet (Lord have mercy lol) so as usual if someone would so kindly embed the 2 videos here from my channel on YouTube "WizzattzProductions" I would greatly appreciate it.

Description as posted on my WizzattzProductions channel on YouTube

Shout out to "MrMind" from 2pac-forum.com as usual for the "Pacapellas" ✌️

This is a Wizzattz & MrMind Reproduction ��

"Temptations"...

Now I ain't gone lie (Lol when people start a sentence with that I joke wit 'em like "oh so everything else you said before this was a lie then huh"?) when I first heard 2Pac's "Temptations" on the "Me Against The World" Album as a pre-teen I would sometimes skip it cuz I wasn't too fond of it. It wasn't until I got older, started making beats and sampling that I began to love the song and truly appreciated Easy Mo Bee's production style, especially the way he muffles/filters samples to where they have a "bassy" and "gritty" sound.
                              Now when It comes to this remix, I wanted to of course retain the flavor of the original elements that made up the production for the beat, but as usual, make the beat use more elements of the song that it samples for the main melody or foundation. In this case, it's Roger & Zapp's "Computer Love" (Everybody love's "Computer Love". I can't think of anyone who doesn't like it lol��) So what I did was resample a portion of "Computer Love" and used on Pro Tools what is called on a "Vintage Filter" to remake the "bassy/gritty" foundation of 2Pac's "Temptations" beat, but I also sampled the classic snare and clap of "Computer Love" to add to the mix. As far as the classic scratch sounds that's in "Computer Love" (Ra-Ra-Ra Rooooooy Lmao) I actually had to sample the ones at the very beginning of Roger & Zapp's song "Slow & Easy" because the scratches are isolated on that particular song. Definitely had to sample the "Hey-Eeey" portions from Redman's "Watch Yo Nuggets". I replayed and the guitar, (guitar that's panned on the left side of the mix) and an ethereal synth to capture that "Computer Love" vibe. Rhodes, (simple notes played in "Temptations") Hi-Hats, Cymbal, Bass and Shaker using Reason 8.0. I originally tried to replay the "Sax" sound that appears on the hook, (at least that's what I think it is lol) but it just didn't sound right to me, so I sampled the one that's on the instrumental version of "Temptations" (I always wondered why there were 2 different mixes to "Temptations" as far as the beat? maybe someone has an answer)
                              Towards the very end of making this remix I thought to myself about the fact that both "Temptations" and "I Get Around" sample "Computer Love", so I started playing around with a sample of the "You Know I've Been Around" line/portion from "Computer Love" and added it in to connect/blend all 3 songs together. This can be looked at as a remix beat for "I Get Around" as well, so If anyone has the acapella for "I Get Around", feel free to try to sync it to the instrumental.

R.I.P 2Pac and Roger Troutman...
                              Thanks for the Mention. But it's all you, Bro.

Great Reproduction as always!
                              MrMind's cpu acapellas & Remasters Share 09/12 - 09/13

MrMind's (2pac Remasters)

MrMind 2pac cpu Acapellas

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X