Still I Rise (OG Vibe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still I Rise (OG Vibe)

I've been trying to do this one for years, but finding a decent arrangement using more of the Walter Beasley "Tenderness" sample has been a hard task.
    Here's a short rough draft (the intro section is the different arrangement. Once the verse kicks in it's like the original)
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now
    Last edited by kool81; 01-23-2020, 09:36 PM.

Very nice.. Drop the full

Comment

Originally posted by underdog View Post
      i agree

Comment

Good job so far. Looking forward to the full version.

Comment

Originally posted by djmoey View Post
          real nice job. I'm sure we can get a clearer pella together!! to make this sound more clearer.... or jsut addition of layers onto of a clear demo version...
          That's the thing, I've been searching everywhere for a nice clear version of acapella and it doesn't seem to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by kool81 View Post
            That's the thing, I've been searching everywhere for a nice clear version of acapella and it doesn't seem to exist.
            sent you a DM
            MrMind's cpu acapellas & Remasters Share 09/12 - 09/13

MrMind's (2pac Remasters)

MrMind 2pac cpu Acapellas

Comment

Originally posted by MrMind View Post
              sent you a DM
              Oh wow, I didn't think you had anymore pellas for this song based on that huge pella file I got from u before. This makes me wanna go through with finishing this one (maybe even add the other Outlawz verses from the retail vocals on the OG beat) ooooooor [MENTION=1511]enya & [MENTION=2072]KW we can collaborate to do a full revisioned mix blending everything together.

Comment

Real dope brethren

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
                If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,
                but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

-John 15:18-19

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
                -Revelation 1:18

"They claim that I'm violent."
                -Tupac Shakur

Comment

I feel like you should EQ the highs a bit on the beat though

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
                  If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,
                  but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

-John 15:18-19

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
                  -Revelation 1:18

"They claim that I'm violent."
                  -Tupac Shakur

Comment

I'm not sure where would be the right place to ask this, but since it has something to do with Still I Rise I figure I'd ask it here. This has been driving me insane trying to find this, but does anyone happen to know the name of the 80's drum machine that has the snare sound that was used in Still I Rise or the actual name of the snare. I discussed this with [MENTION=1511]enya before that most likely Johnny J sampled the snare using the SP1200. [MENTION=1511]enya and I agree that the most likely song he sampled for the snare is "Choosey Lover" by The Isley Brothers (he suggested cutting/cropping it out of the song, fade the tail end of it and eq it to get the desired result which actually works to get rid of the reverbed effect that is on it.)

"Choosey Lover" by The Isley Brothers

I noticed a few songs/beats from the 80's used that snare. Some other songs I noticed used the snare:

Madonna "Borderline" (demo and album version)

This might be a weird/crazy notion, but I suspect that the snare in this is the same also

"Train Theme" by Shuki Levy from the Inspector Gadget Soundtrack

Does anybody know what drum machine this snare comes from to be able to get it directly from the source? (y'all prolly like "Bruh.... WTF??? You are seriously on some "Nerdy/Analytical" shit" Lmao)
                    Last edited by kool81; 06-24-2020, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kool81 View Post
                      I'm not sure where would be the right place to ask this, but since it has something to do with Still I Rise I figure I'd ask it here. This has been driving me insane trying to find this, but does anyone happen to know the name of the 80's drum machine that has the snare sound that was used in Still I Rise or the actual name of the snare. I discussed this with [MENTION=1511]enya before that most likely Johnny J sampled the snare using the SP1200. [MENTION=1511]enya and I agree that the most likely song he sampled for the snare is "Choosey Lover" by The Isley Brothers (he suggested cutting/cropping it out of the song, fade the tail end of it and eq it to get the desired result which actually works to get rid of the reverbed effect that is on it.)

"Choosey Lover" by The Isley Brothers

I noticed a few songs/beats from the 80's used that snare. Some other songs I noticed used the snare:

Madonna "Borderline" (demo and album version)

This might be a weird/crazy notion, but I suspect that the snare in this is the same also

"Train Theme" by Shuki Levy from the Inspector Gadget Soundtrack

Does anybody know what drum machine this snare comes from to be able to get it directly from the source? (y'all prolly like "Bruh.... WTF??? You are seriously on some "Nerdy/Analytical" shit" Lmao)
                      OG sample is from the LinnDrum
                      "Before I fear computer chips I gotta deal with brothers flippin', I don't see no devils bleedin' only black blood drippin'."

Comment

Does anyone have a pella of the retail version that doesnt have the percussions/drums and other instruments still being heard on it? I'm thinking of making a mix with all the outlaw verses on the OG beat.

Comment

Still I Rise (2020 OG Vibe All Verses)

Still I Rise (2020 OG Vibe Instrumental)

Comment

Originally posted by underdog View Post
                            Full mix is uploaded

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                            Working...
                            X