Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friends (Wizzattz OG Vibe & Instrumental Remake)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends (Wizzattz OG Vibe & Instrumental Remake)

Copy & Paste from YouTube description.

For this 2Pac OG Vibe I had started working on the beat when fellow YouTuber [MENTION=14144]The Perculator asked if I could remake "Friends" in the comment section for my OG Vibe Instrumental for "Killuminati", but I kinda sat on it for a while, cuz it wasn't turning out quite right at the time. Just yesterday [MENTION=943]MrMind hit me up and asked the same thing and sent me an extremely nice acapella that he extracted from the latest version of "Friends" (OG) that came out a while ago. (I'm not sure what that version is called, but my guess is that it would be called a "Later Mixdown" or a "Final Mixdown".)

Now I probably would've only done an instrumental remake for this song since the real instrumental isn't available, but the problem I've had with the latest version is, despite it being in such a beautifully high quality, the beat is on a constant loop with no breaks or arrangements, making me (and I'm sure some of you too) go back to listen to the old bootleg version from back in the day or the Killuminati: The 3 Day Theory version just to hear those arrangements.

So with this mix I've tried my best to find all the all the right or similar instruments to recreate the QD3 produced track with the arrangements of the OG bootleg version.
    I'm sure everyone knows by now that 2Pac's "Friends" is an Interpolation of "Friends" by Whodini, (Great group btw &#128513 but for info reasons I'm adding that to this description

For the Kick and the Snare I sampled "I'm Glad You're Mine" by Al Green

For the interpolated "Friends" chimes I tried to replay them originally, but I couldn't find the right instrument, so I just sampled the end section of the version of "Friends" that appears on the compilation "Too Gangsta For Radio"

I did everything else from scratch using instruments from Reason 8.0
    I did a few new light arrangements towards the end by adding in the guy from the Too Gangsta For Radio version to end the song like that version.

Song

Instrumental

Bro, this one is absolutely amazing.

Comment

This is so awesome. Any chance of a download later on?

Comment

Sounds amazing! As always.
        MrMind's cpu acapellas & Remasters Share 09/12 - 09/13

MrMind's (2pac Remasters)

MrMind 2pac cpu Acapellas

Comment

[MENTION=943]MrMind could you please share your acapella with us?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMind View Post
            Thanks for you too bro.

Comment

Much props [MENTION=16672]kool81 I love this.

Comment

This is really a work of art...its so must like the original better and enhanced love it. Pacs vocals are clear. [MENTION=16672]kool81 can't wait for a DL link

Comment

Another homerun... a sweet addition to my [MENTION=16672]kool81 aka Wizzattz folder.

Thanks for the drop and your comments in the first post.
                  I always enjoy reading about your vision and the process behind it.

[MENTION=943]MrMind thanks for doing what you do and helping make these drops possible!

Comment

[MENTION=16672]kool81 If it might help u with QDIII remakes in the future. He used the Roland JV-1080 synth, as did Hurt & Darryll Harper too. A lot of the sounds u could probably find in there
                    "Before I fear computer chips I gotta deal with brothers flippin', I don't see no devils bleedin' only black blood drippin'."

Comment

Originally posted by Joecool View Post
                      Bro, this one is absolutely amazing.
                      Thanks man, appreciate your appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by redblue View Post
                        This is so awesome. Any chance of a download later on?
                        If not later on today, tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMind View Post
                          Couldn't done it without your acapella bro. I was actually going leave it alone while I was in the early stage of remaking it

Comment

Originally posted by realest2947 View Post
                            Much props [MENTION=16672]kool81 I love this.
                            Appreciate it bro That's MrMind that provided that acapella created from the version where Pac's vocals seemed to had been mixed down and I tried to make sure I came really close to recreating the beat with the old bootleg arrangements in mind, just with a bit of polish
                            Last edited by kool81; 04-27-2021, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kool81 View Post
                              Appreciate it bro That's MrMind that provided that acapella created from the version where Pac's vocals seemed to had been mixed down and I tried to make sure I came really close to recreating the beat with the old bootleg arrangements in mind, just with a bit of polish
                              For sure. You did really good its quite amazing how you did it.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X