Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Play Your Cards Right (Wizzattz OG Vibe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play Your Cards Right (Wizzattz OG Vibe)

I was testing out all these various acapellas I recently got from [MENTION=17932]djmoey for this song and started playing around with a lil short OG Vibe draft just to see what it would have sounded like if it had Johnny J drums, replayed rhodes and bass line. If I do finish this I might ask [MENTION=1511]enya to redo the bass line to add some lil nuances throughout the mix.

Draft

Originally posted by kool81 View Post
    I was testing out all these various acapellas I recently got from [MENTION=17932]djmoey for this song and started playing around with a lil short OG Vibe draft just to see what it would have sounded like if it had Johnny J drums, replayed rhodes and bass line. If I do finish this I might ask [MENTION=1511]enya to redo the bass line to add some lil nuances throughout the mix.

Draft
    https://mega.nz/file/gux2CTja#II4DzP...Hlfh0hPJJGvY10
    Great work.

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
    If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,
    but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

-John 15:18-19

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
    -Revelation 1:18

"They claim that I'm violent."
    -Tupac Shakur

Comment

Draft
      https://mega.nz/file/gux2CTja#II4DzP...Hlfh0hPJJGvY10

Bro!!! This is totally amazing. Can you please finish the full? (Male Chorus) with Outlaw verses, using this beat? Then, once Enya does an edit, that can be an alt? I really love this what you did, to hear the full.

You did excellent on a very needed track!!

Comment

Nice and fresh. Gives the song a new vibe. Cant wait for the full one.

Comment

Originally posted by Joecool View Post
          Nice and fresh. Gives the song a new vibe. Cant wait for the full one.
          definitely agreed

Comment

This was really good! Beat sounds amazing, crispy.

Comment

[MENTION=16672]kool81 I hope this song is top your list to finish

Comment

Thanks all y'all. I wasn't really intending on doing a full version, but I guess why not huh lol. [MENTION=1511]enya sent me a temporary bass line to test out and plus I switched the snare out for one that matches the samples snare a bit more. (Don't worry it's a Johnny J snare/rimshot. The one used in Huxfam's Get High just pitched all the way up.) I have a longer draft/demo clip. Towards the end of Mopreme's verse I tried to use a lil bit more of the sample.

Draft 3

Comment

Thanks all y'all....doing a full version, but I guess why not huh lol.
                  So glad you will do the full! I love this Version 3...Please do the Full for Version 3 and Version 2. You really killed this on Version 3!!!

Comment

Sounds very good. Like the use of the extended sample.
                    Death Row Records Samples List

Comment

Genius....

I'm subscribed to your Youtube channel. Always look foward to your OG vibes and remakes

Comment

Originally posted by don_killuminati View Post
                        Genius....

I'm subscribed to your Youtube channel. Always look foward to your OG vibes and remakes
                        Much appreciated man thanks a lot.

Comment

Thanks all y'all. I wasn't really intending on doing a full version, but I guess why not huh lol. [MENTION=1511]enya sent me a temporary bass line to test out and plus I switched the snare out for one that matches the samples snare a bit more. (Don't worry it's a Johnny J snare/rimshot. The one used in Huxfam's Get High just pitched all the way up.) I have a longer draft/demo clip. Towards the end of Mopreme's verse I tried to use a lil bit more of the sample.

Draft 3
                          https://mega.nz/file/AmQ2UR6C#635l07...X2EmDKINZ0hq7s

this sounds great even as a draft cant wait to hear the full version. mans never disappoints

Comment

OMG, you have no idea how long I've waited for someone to do something like this! As much as I love the sample, the OG always felt a bit empty, and it was so weird that there's basically no drums on it. Thank you so much for doing this [MENTION=16672]kool81. I look forward to seeing you finish this!

Comment

bro ur so talented, everything u touch u never fail to impress us. keep up the good work. I would like to hear you do fuck all ya'll og vibe using more of the sample or 4 my niggas with ur added touch.

Using this as an example https://soundcloud.com/2pac-remixes-...dj-fatal-remix i think this og vibe sounds good but the issue is it doesn't start as an og vibe. I just love the way pac sounds to the sample strings and the guitar in the chorus, i think you could give more life to this perhaps...

2nd of all I know this isn't a request topic but there is a nothing to lose version I have been wanting to listen to in studio quality for the longest time. https://voca.ro/18QxQ7Sdgskn Nothing to lose (cradle 2 da grave paper and pen version.) The way the solo piano keys are played, the breaks and just overall how the track is laid out with the different singing just gives it a more progressive soulful vibe along with the extra ice cube samples. Do you think you would ever be up to the challenge to attempt to recreate this along with a helping hand of others who have helped you like [MENTION=1511]enya (sorry to throw you in there as well but I know you have come across this topic before lool)

Others who I think might be able to provide some input also could be [MENTION=8283]Ear2thastreetz [MENTION=1133]Rock [MENTION=13008]muzaliny [MENTION=15191]Tupac Cat I believe tupac cat even uploaded the music notes to the piano being played at one point.

the ice cube vocal sample is my summer vacation
                              It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X