Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Play Your Cards Right (Wizzattz OG Vibe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost ready

Comment

Originally posted by kool81 View Post
      Almost ready
      Nice, hows it sounding?

Comment

Almost ready
        waiting patiently for this one !!!!!

Mad love
        tli

Comment

Originally posted by realest2947 View Post
          Nice, hows it sounding?
          You tell me lol.

"Play Your Cards Right" (OG Vibe)

"Play Your Cards Right" (OG Vibe Instrumental)

Comment

You tell me lol.

Hands Down the best OG vibe/remake of this song! Nice job as usual, Wizzattz
            You should have let the instrumental play at the end, it would have sounded even better

Where did you get that acapella? Can you share it, I would like to do an OG vibe of this song too^^
            Last edited by Saaphir; 11-12-2021, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saaphir View Post
              Hands Down the best OG vibe/remake of this song! Nice job as usual, Wizzattz :
              [MENTION=16672]kool81. This comment sums it up. Really great job bro..Its perhaps the Best Remake of the year. Love the breaks and the extra adlibs. Not to mention the male vibe is on point with the instrumental. Love this mix.
              Last edited by realest2947; 11-12-2021, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saaphir View Post

Where did you get that acapella? C
                im sure that was no easy task to make that acapella.

Comment

[MENTION=344]Saaphir [MENTION=10977]realest2947

Yeeaaaaah I think I'm going to use this for the description on YouTube since I haven't written one yet cuz this is going to be loooooooong lol.

Well I had to use a needle, some thread, a hammer from the rapper, some nails, a blow torch, an axe, screwdrivers, a wrench, a scaple, a drill... lol well at least it felt like that doing such a patch job. It's basically a stiching of both the male and female versions together with the female version used as the foundation (mainly for the verses) since it was in the best quality. Most of both acapellas were used from the acapella extractions by [MENTION=17932]djmoey except the last male chorus. I'm not sure if he's on here, but [MENTION=17864]redblue suggested that I extract the acapella by using X-Minus when I was saying that the acapella for the male version was somewhat choppy towards the end. Then the was the issue with the first few bars of 2Pac's verse on the female version. I patched in the parts to fill in the gaps by using pieces of 2Pac's verse from the male version and also used it as a background vocal for 2Pac, half of Syke's verse, all of Mopreme's verse, none of Edi's verse and lil splashes here and there for Kadafi's verse. Then there's 2Pac's vocals that appear on the hooks of the female version... When I first started doing this mix I could see that I was going to run into a lot of issues down the line. I could've just used the female version's vocal and say fuck it, that's it lol... BUT... I think it's preeeeetty much unanimously agreed that the male version is what everyone prefers... Boooooy that's statement that coluld probably get a brother cancelled for being sexist and toxic masculinious (is that a word lol) in this crazy culture we live in today, but hold on, I ain't finished yet lol, ahem, as I was saying, I then started to have a thought about is there some kinda way to blend both versions together at some point. And that's when I thought it would be best to blend them together on the last hook since the guy (I'm not sure what his name is, but I definitely know it ain't K-Ci and JoJo like it was said to be back in the day) is really going in on the singing, so I thought it would be a good idea to make it appear that he and Michel'le are singing to each other and let 2Pac and Michel'le be the closing vocals. As far as why I didn't keep the beat playing at the very end, as I just mentioned I wanted to bring the song to a close by slowing breaking the beat down. Shout out and thanks again to [MENTION=1511]enya for the recreation of the bass line.

Comment

[MENTION=344]Saaphir [MENTION=10977]realest2947

Yeeaaaaah I think I'm going to use this for the description on YouTube since I haven't written one yet cuz this is going to be loooooooong lol.

Well I had to use a needle, some thread, a hammer from the rapper, some nails, a blow torch, an axe, screwdrivers, a wrench, a scaple, a drill... lol well at least it felt like that doing such a patch job. It's basically a stiching of both the male and female versions together with the female version used as the foundation (mainly for the verses) since it was in the best quality. Most of both acapellas were used from the acapella extractions by [MENTION=17932]djmoey except the last male chorus. I'm not sure if he's on here, but [MENTION=17864]redblue suggested that I extract the acapella by using X-Minus when I was saying that the acapella for the male version was somewhat choppy towards the end. Then the was the issue with the first few bars of 2Pac's verse on the female version. I patched in the parts to fill in the gaps by using pieces of 2Pac's verse from the male version and also used it as a background vocal for 2Pac, half of Syke's verse, all of Mopreme's verse, none of Edi's verse and lil splashes here and there for Kadafi's verse. Then there's 2Pac's vocals that appear on the hooks of the female version... When I first started doing this mix I could see that I was going to run into a lot of issues down the line. I could've just used the female version's vocal and say fuck it, that's it lol... BUT... I think it's preeeeetty much unanimously agreed that the male version is what everyone prefers... Boooooy that's statement that coluld probably get a brother cancelled for being sexist and toxic masculinious (is that a word lol) in this crazy culture we live in today, but hold on, I ain't finished yet lol, ahem, as I was saying, I then started to have a thought about is there some kinda way to blend both versions together at some point. And that's when I thought it would be best to blend them together on the last hook since the guy (I'm not sure what his name is, but I definitely know it ain't K-Ci and JoJo like it was said to be back in the day) is really going in on the singing, so I thought it would be a good idea to make it appear that he and Michel'le are singing to each other and let 2Pac and Michel'le be the closing vocals. As far as why I didn't keep the beat playing at the very end, as I just mentioned I wanted to bring the song to a close by slowing breaking the beat down. Shout out and thanks again to [MENTION=1511]enya for the recreation of the bass line.

This is a wonderful description that describes all the elements and work you put into this brother. When you say, "I patched in the parts to fill in the gaps by using pieces of 2Pac's verse from the male version and also used it as a background vocal for 2Pac, half of Syke's verse, all of Mopreme's verse, none of Edi's verse and lil splashes here and there for Kadafi's verse. Then there's 2Pac's vocals that appear on the hooks of the female version..." you are saying that you used the male version during these parts, primarily, or the female version primarily, with the male version to patch the female vocals?

Comment

Originally posted by realest2947 View Post
                      This is a wonderful description that describes all the elements and work you put into this brother. When you say, "I patched in the parts to fill in the gaps by using pieces of 2Pac's verse from the male version and also used it as a background vocal for 2Pac, half of Syke's verse, all of Mopreme's verse, none of Edi's verse and lil splashes here and there for Kadafi's verse. Then there's 2Pac's vocals that appear on the hooks of the female version..." you are saying that you used the male version during these parts, primarily, or the female version primarily, with the male version to patch the female vocals?
                      My bad, let me try to describe it a lil better. I used the acapella of the female version as the main vocal for the verses, 2Pac's speaking parts during the hooks and the ending. I used the male version's acapella to fill in the missing vocals for the beginning part of 2Pac's verse of the female version's acapella (had enough of shady tricks / you so suspicious like watching pictures in hazy vision. *i think that's what he's saying lol*) but then I lowered the volume of the male version's acapella to sit underneath the female version's acapella giving it sort of a thicker appearance audio wise. Then I had to raise the volume for the male version's hooks, cut and trim out Michel'le's vocals for hooks 1 & 2 so that only 2Pac's speaking vocal can be heard. Awww shit. Let me try to simplify this lol The simple answer is: Female primarily, male version patches 2Pac's 1st verse beginning vocals at the same (or similar) volume of the female version, lowered for the remainder of that verse and all the other verses, volume raised for the male hooks. It's one big mess of a patch job to where even describing it is a convoluted mess smh.

Comment

My bad, let me try to describe it a lil better. I used the acapella of the female version as the main vocal for the verses, 2Pac's speaking parts during the hooks and the ending. I used the male version's acapella to fill in the missing vocals for the beginning part of 2Pac's verse of the female version's acapella (had enough of shady tricks / you so suspicious like watching pictures in hazy vision. *i think that's what he's saying lol*) but then I lowered the volume of the male version's acapella to sit underneath the female version's acapella giving it sort of a thicker appearance audio wise. Then I had to raise the volume for the male version's hooks, cut and trim out Michel'le's vocals for hooks 1 & 2 so that only 2Pac's speaking vocal can be heard. Awww shit. Let me try to simplify this lol The simple answer is: Female primarily, male version patches 2Pac's 1st verse beginning vocals at the same (or similar) volume of the female version, lowered for the remainder of that verse and all the other verses, volume raised for the male hooks. It's one big mess of a patch job to where even describing it is a convoluted mess smh.

Ok yeah I understand: 1) Female was main vocal set, 2) 2Pac was patched in from male version.

Its a really good blend!

Comment

Great job, I appreciate your work. Instantly I noticed how you matched the acapellas from both versions together. That’s how you do it, you know what you are doing man!
                          It’s funny that Amaru couldn’t do this with all the resources and professional equipment they had, instead they released that really crappy sounding, layer missing version of the song. Shame.

EDIT: Is it possible to have a download link?
                          Last edited by Silkkis; 11-13-2021, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Hi man

Great job on this mix, I love how you mixed the male and female versions together to create an ultimate mix.

Are you currently working on anything else?

Comment

You tell me lol.

Where do I start ... I really didn't think this could be done but you have proved me wrong - absolutely amazing job - smashed it out of the park - I ain't good with words but would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart - you sir have mad skills and we need all your work in one place so everyone can share and enjoy the real 2pac experience - you are the definition of 2pac OG Vibe !!!!

Peace and mad love
                              tli

Comment

Originally posted by tli View Post
                                you are the definition of 2pac OG Vibe

Peace and mad love
                                tli
                                [MENTION=16672]kool81

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X