Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Play Your Cards Right (Wizzattz OG Vibe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=3206]Silkkis [MENTION=13250]Supacat15 [MENTION=1504]tli [MENTION=10977]realest2947

This one was quite a challenge to pull off, not necessarily the recreation of it, but more on the the living up to the anticipation and expectation for it. I've said this many times before on other post that the bar that in my opinion was set by the "RUSD" and "Still I Rise" albums, so whenever I do an OG Vibe it's in the way the songs of those 2 albums in mind. I'll put out links for downloads sooner or later. At the moment I'm try to focus on polishing up the older OG Vibes I've done over the years for a possible mixtape.

Comment

That's a great idea, can't wait for your mixtape.

Comment

Originally posted by kool81 View Post
        [MENTION=3206]Silkkis [MENTION=13250]Supacat15 [MENTION=1504]tli [MENTION=10977]realest2947

This one was quite a challenge to pull off, not necessarily the recreation of it, but more on the the living up to the anticipation and expectation for it. I've said this many times before on other post that the bar that in my opinion was set by the "RUSD" and "Still I Rise" albums, so whenever I do an OG Vibe it's in the way the songs of those 2 albums in mind. I'll put out links for downloads sooner or later. At the moment I'm try to focus on polishing up the older OG Vibes I've done over the years for a possible mixtape.
        I definitely agree that RUSD and Still I Rise have such authentic Pac sounds....its quite amazing in retrospect. You do a really great job keeping up that spirit

Comment

You tell me lol.

"Play Your Cards Right" (OG Vibe)

"Play Your Cards Right" (OG Vibe Instrumental)
          Finally got around to listening to this. This sounds great! I can't believe you were able to get all the male hook vocals in despite most of it coming from a cassette rip. That's incredible, man! And I like how you included the female hook vocals too at the end. This, to me, is my favorite version of the song. Great job on this, [MENTION=16672]kool81!

Comment

Originally posted by Supacat15 View Post
            That's a great idea, can't wait for your mixtape.
            I've had conversations with some friends outside of the forum about doing this mixtape right and I don't have anything against mixtapes, but I don't see myself throwing producer tags all over the mixes and plastering my name all over it so that it's know "WHO DID IT" lol. I kinda think by now everyone is familiar with my mixes, plus I would like this to come off as like an official album... (an unauthorized one of course, since I on anyone who does OG Vibes don't have rights to truly release projects as official albums) Sort of like an RUSD, SIR or even like a Nu Mixx Klassicz. (I don't really mess with Nu Mixx Klassicz, but I do acknowledge that OG Vibes can come off like some of the stuff on those albums.) I think it would ruin it if I put "YEAH!!! Wizzattz Productions HOMEY!!! KOOL81!!! IT'S A NEEEEW GUY" all over it lmfao. What I do think of adding in is some extended intros/outros to add in some Pac interviews coinciding with each song though.

Comment

Originally posted by realest2947 View Post
              I definitely agree that RUSD and Still I Rise have such authentic Pac sounds....its quite amazing in retrospect. You do a really great job keeping up that spirit
              Those 2 are my favorite posthumous 2Pac albums. It doesn't look like we'll ever get anything like that ever again officially. At this point it's up to us fans like it was with Sonic lol

Comment

Originally posted by jimjamslam218 View Post
                Finally got around to listening to this. This sounds great! I can't believe you were able to get all the male hook vocals in despite most of it coming from a cassette rip. That's incredible, man! And I like how you included the female hook vocals too at the end. This, to me, is my favorite version of the song. Great job on this, [MENTION=16672]kool81!
                Trust me it was no easy task whatsoever, but with the help of many it was possible.

Comment

Those 2 are my favorite posthumous 2Pac albums. It doesn't look like we'll ever get anything like that ever again officially. At this point it's up to us fans like it was with Sonic lol
                  Totally agree.

Comment

Alternate mix/1st mix

Alternate Mix/1st Mix Instrumental

Comment

More OG-ish version
                      *no additives. Just the sample and the vocals*

Comment

More OG-ish version
                        *no additives. Just the sample and the vocals*
                        Like I said before, this is the best remake of this song, the closest thing to the real OG. But can we get the OG remake instrumental as well?

Comment

I was wondering where you got the drum samples from? Please let me know. do you have any of Johnny Js drums samples?

Comment

Originally posted by Saaphir View Post
                            Like I said before, this is the best remake of this song, the closest thing to the real OG. But can we get the OG remake instrumental as well?
                            It's just a sample loop of If You Play Your Cards Right by Alicia Myers. I didn't do anything special for that version, but if it's not available anywhere else I guess I can get around to uploading it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by chabz95 View Post
                              I was wondering where you got the drum samples from? Please let me know. do you have any of Johnny Js drums samples?
                              This version I used the snare from Until The End Of Time OG

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X