If There's A Cure (OG Vibe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If There's A Cure (OG Vibe)

This one was not on my radar to do at all. As usual, [MENTION=1364]Joecool (RoscoeOutlaw on 2F) and I have talks about random 2Pac songs and this song (freestyle) came up. I never really felt one way or another about this track, but when RoscoeOutlaw sent me a Lalal acapella for it I started rebuilding the beat starting with the "Love Hangover" by Diana Ross sample for the foundation. Of course I couldn't forget about layering in the signature Johnny J drums. Redid the piano and bass line. (Except the very 1st note of the bass line. That's from the real song.) At that point we both agreed on adding a worm into the mix, so I thought since the beat is more of a 2Pac-ish beat, how about adding something Snoop Doggy Dogg-ish into mix. I chose to replay the worms from "Gin & Juice" and The Dogg Pound's "Big Pimpin".

"If There's A Cure" (OG Vibe Draft)
    Last edited by kool81; 12-01-2021, 05:10 PM.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that Joecool brought up this Craig Mack song "Rap Hangover" produced by Johnny J. I had no idea that this existed. I assume that it's an alternate mix of the beat that 2Pac and Snoop freestyled on.

Comment

i never was a fan of the og cause it was kinda boring. that's why I asked you to put your magic touch on it. and again u didnt disappoint. love this mix.

Comment

Originally posted by kool81 View Post
        This one was not on my radar to do at all. As usual, [MENTION=1364]Joecool (RoscoeOutlaw on 2F) and I have talks about random 2Pac songs and this song (freestyle) came up. I never really felt one way or another about this track, but when RoscoeOutlaw sent me a Lalal acapella for it I started rebuilding the beat starting with the "Love Hangover" by Diana Ross sample for the foundation. Of course I couldn't forget about layering in the signature Johnny J drums. Redid the piano and bass line. (Except the very 1st note of the bass line. That's from the real song.) At that point we both agreed on adding a worm into the mix, so I thought since the beat is more of a 2Pac-ish beat, how about adding something Snoop Doggy Dogg-ish into mix. I chose to replay the worms from "Gin & Juice" and The Dogg Pound's "Big Pimpin".

"If There's A Cure" (OG Vibe Draft)
        https://mega.nz/file/ImBz1YQL#wRVfP1...Kziq_DqiRtH3Eg
        thanks. works for me

Comment

Big Craig Mack fan here. Had this song on repeat when i first listened to his album. Then a few years later the 2pac/Snoop version leaked. I was like, i know this beat... lol. Who was first? Craig or 2pac & Snoop?

Comment

Woow... this is so good. We definitly need a full version of this. pleeeeeeease

Comment

Originally posted by 2psah View Post
              Big Craig Mack fan here. Had this song on repeat when i first listened to his album. Then a few years later the 2pac/Snoop version leaked. I was like, i know this beat... lol. Who was first? Craig or 2pac & Snoop?
              Based on the sound of both songs I would guess that the 2Pac & Snoop version was recorded 1st, but not released at that time. The Craig Mack version sounds like a possible reproduction or instruments were added to replace the sample.

Comment

Originally posted by MakaveliWho2 View Post
                Woow... this is so good. We definitly need a full version of this. pleeeeeeease
                Oh this one will be out sooner than you think

Comment

Originally posted by kool81 View Post
                  Oh this one will be out sooner than you think
                  I'm looking forward to it

Comment

Originally posted by MakaveliWho2 View Post
                    I'm looking forward to it
                    It's pretty much ready, but I'm just doing some adjustments to it here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by 2psah View Post
                      Ofcourse Pac and Snoop lol.
                      I ain't choosing sides
                      Hell nah,fuck everybody
                      It's Westside when I ride watch 4 dead bodies
                      Lyrics are colorful words and anesthetics
                      Problems are getting worked out faster than calisthenics
                      I'm bullet proof
                      Blazed up on top of my man's roof
                      Hands on a fully AK now what 'cha plan to do
                      Moon motherfuckaz til they feel me
                      It's West Coast nigga fuck New York
                      Now did everybody hear me?

Comment

Nice OG Vibe, acca is really clean. Low end is crisp

Snare could use a little more pop

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
                        Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Originally posted by KW View Post

After reading your comment I just realized something. You are right and wrong. The snare I'm using (When We Ride On Our Enemies OG snare) is "one" of the snares used on the song, but it sounds like it also uses the snare/rimshot that was used on "Until The End Of Time (OG and Johnny J Remix Version)" so I need to layer the 2 together to recreate what was used in "If There's A Cure"

Example:
                          Last edited by kool81; 12-03-2021, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Nice OGV. This has some real reply value.

This might be out in left field-
                            But is there any way to add a verse from Craig Mack for some sort of extended remix version?

Either way, another winner here.
                            Thanks [MENTION=16672]kool81

Comment

Originally posted by KW View Post

Acapella definitely sounds great.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X