Ghetto Star (Johnny J Style) kool81 aka WizzattzP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghetto Star (Johnny J Style) kool81 aka WizzattzP

Out of pure coincidence my homeboy King had sent a link to a Willie Hutch song called "The Shortest Distance" to me and my homey Bob Zigga to possibly make a beat and as soon I listened to it I was like "Maaaaaaaaaan Hold Up... That sounds like the Ghetto Star."

So I couldn't resist doing a quick draft just to see how it would sound... In Johnny J fashion of course . I don't know if I'll finish this or not, but who knows.

Last edited by kool81; 02-10-2022, 12:17 PM.

Sounds Dope! gives it a new vibe.. you should def finish this one

Comment

You definitely have something here. I know it's just a demo but definitely something missing or off. Maybe recreate the sample to fit the clarity of the other sounds

Comment

Woah man, you can't just tease us with those dope ass remixes and not droppin a full version of it. I've been craving for your If theres a cure Remix and now this.. pleaseee
        Anyway, this sounds so good. Very good job !

Comment

great and please finish it [MENTION=16672]kool81

you all know who Willie Hutch (William McKinley Hutchison) is, right?
          of course the brother of Richard Hutch (Richard Allen Hutchison) and their nephew is called Big Hutch (Gregory Hutchison) alias Cold 187um aka Mansa Musa of Above The Law ;-) just a little history lesson [MENTION=1068]Steez
          collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneMak View Post
            Sounds Dope! gives it a new vibe.. you should def finish this one
            I actually need to get a lalal acapella from the album version cuz some reason the studio pellas are missing a lot of elements and verses

Comment

Originally posted by Kamakaze098 View Post
              You definitely have something here. I know it's just a demo but definitely something missing or off. Maybe recreate the sample to fit the clarity of the other sounds
              Well what's definitely missing is 2Pac's adlibs on his 1st verse and no 2nd verse on the studio pella for some odd reason yet it has Danny Boy's vocal harmonies. I need an extracted acapella from the album version

Comment

Originally posted by MakaveliWho2 View Post
                Woah man, you can't just tease us with those dope ass remixes and not droppin a full version of it. I've been craving for your If theres a cure Remix and now this.. pleaseee
                Anyway, this sounds so good. Very good job !
                My bad lol. Well the full for this is no where near ready. This lil piece is all I did so far. As far as "If There's A Cure" I thought I put the links in the post. I'ma have to go back and check.

Comment

Originally posted by blacpain View Post
                  great and please finish it [MENTION=16672]kool81

you all know who Willie Hutch (William McKinley Hutchison) is, right?
                  of course the brother of Richard Hutch (Richard Allen Hutchison) and their nephew is called Big Hutch (Gregory Hutchison) alias Cold 187um aka Mansa Musa of Above The Law ;-) just a little history lesson [MENTION=1068]Steez
                  You know I wonder when I find out that a lot of these industry people are related I kinda wonder is a bit of "nepotism" going on lol. I definitely wonder about Drake (Aubry Graham *not sure if i spelt that right) and his relation to Sly & The Family Stone's bassist Larry Graham which at one period was real cool with Prince

Comment

Originally posted by kool81 View Post
                    Out of pure coincidence my homeboy King had sent a link to a Willie Hutch song called "The Shortest Distance" to me and my homey Bob Zigga to possibly make a beat and as soon I listened to it I was like "Maaaaaaaaaan Hold Up... That sounds like the Ghetto Star."

So I couldn't resist doing a quick draft just to see how it would sound... In Johnny J fashion of course . I don't know if I'll finish this or not, but who knows.

https://mega.nz/file/p3hijaaT#F5wlan...ln0mtWP5OACt0c
                    Once the song gets going, it's good. What's off is th at intro. After the introduction and the beat gets going, that's when it sounds amazing. Gotta fix that start up.

Comment

*Slight update*

Rhodes changed to interpolate the ones used in "The Best Of My Love" by T Connection.

(Thanks [MENTION=3671]DJ DOCJAY OFFICIAL for the tip/link to that song to inspire me to make that change)

Last edited by kool81; 02-11-2022, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 7thdayprofessor View Post
                        Once the song gets going, it's good. What's off is th at intro. After the introduction and the beat gets going, that's when it sounds amazing. Gotta fix that start up.
                        I hear ya.

Comment

Originally posted by kool81 View Post
                          *Slight update*

Rhodes changed to interpolate the ones used in "The Best Of My Love" by T Connection.

(Thanks @<a href="http://www.2pac-forum.com/member.php?u=3671" target="_blank">DJ DOCJAY OFFICIAL</a> for the tip/link to that song to inspire me to make that change)

https://mega.nz/file/syRXHQoB#2pESYJ...Z4JNQxdW8oL7ZM
                          oh wonderful great , is it possible to place the sample a little bit overdriven and/or a bit dirty crackly to smooth it to the ingenious hypnotic keyboard sample?

than you all have to check out the late Big Mello with Stackin Paper how them flipped it back then in 96. very underrated artist, still looking forward cause his wife said he worked with Pac hmmm

or MC Breed in 97
                          Last edited by blacpain; 02-11-2022, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blacpain View Post
                            oh wonderful great , is it possible to place the sample a little bit overdriven and/or a bit dirty crackly to smooth it to the ingenious hypnotic keyboard sample?

than you all have to check out the late Big Mello with Stackin Paper how them flipped it back then in 96. very underrated artist, still looking forward cause his wife said he worked with Pac hmmm

or MC Breed in 97
                            Damn I've never heard these songs before. I really like that one by Big Mello. I could further push the plugin to saturate the sample a bit more.
                            Last edited by kool81; 02-11-2022, 10:31 PM.

Comment

yeah and sorry for my input and i got no idea how much work it costs and if its work or not
                              im not a producer , im just a music lover and hip hop head, who can give some suggestions
                              Last edited by blacpain; 02-11-2022, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X