Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never Had A Friend Like Me (The Secret Garden Remix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Had A Friend Like Me (The Secret Garden Remix)

This is my first real experimentation using mvsep to extract certain sounds/parts from songs. When I read on 2F that "NHAFLM" sampled "The Secret Garden" by Quincy Jones that fucked my head up, cuz I always thought that was an original compostion by Johnny J (he just sampled the 1st 2 bars of the song and interpolated the bass line)

So in Wizzattz/Kool81 fashion I played with the idea of "what if" Johnny J had what we have today back then as far as extraction programs to use a lot more of the sample? (I had to replay the lead guitar as a temporary place holder tho until I can replace it with a better version) I ain't gon lie, this shit might sound a lil "Too Friendly" now lol *pun intended

Last edited by kool81; 04-04-2022, 05:34 PM.

All good until that beat switch at the chorus. Doesn't fit well in my opinion. But yeah ever since I heard this song was the sample I've wanted to hear a version that used the song more heavily

Comment

Good stuff!

All a matter of opinion of course,
      But I actually like how the instrumental side steps during the chorus and then builds back up for the 2nd verse.

Looking forward the finished product.

Comment

[MENTION=864]Ironman [MENTION=16608]Kamakaze098

This is what it sounds like (*no pun intended) when I unmute the sampled melody on the chorus to play with the sampled bass line

Comment

It sounds great. I like how the beat switches. It reminds me of the Death Row remix of "Dear Mama".

2:01 to 2:06: The beat switches

Last edited by BoxerSantaros; 04-05-2022, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Not sure about the beat switch , other than that it's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by kool81 View Post

This is what it sounds like (*no pun intended) when I unmute the sampled melody on the chorus to play with the sampled bass line

https://mega.nz/file/lvgFzSDQ#hkY_GV...IbRqJm4sBvBin8
              Sounds good ...
              But IMO, too soft.

The version in your first post knocks just enough to keep that OG vibe.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamakaze098 View Post
                All good until that beat switch at the chorus. Doesn't fit well in my opinion. But yeah ever since I heard this song was the sample I've wanted to hear a version that used the song more heavily
                beat switch is dope...hence the og sample feel...keep it

Comment

Originally posted by kool81 View Post

https://mega.nz/file/lvgFzSDQ#hkY_GV...IbRqJm4sBvBin8
                  Wow that sounds much better

Comment

nice!

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                    Working...
                    X