Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check Out Time Ft. Big Syke & Kurupt (Wizzattz aka Kool81 Check The Rhyme Remix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Out Time Ft. Big Syke & Kurupt (Wizzattz aka Kool81 Check The Rhyme Remix)

Shout out to YouTuber Carlos Lopez.

I've gotten request to do a version for this song with the A Tribe Called Quest's "Check The Rhime" sample.

Which samples "Baby, This Love I Have" by Minnie Ripperton

Back then I didn't even think that 2Pac's "Check Out Time" even sampled or interpolated anything, cuz the "All Eyez On Me" album booklet didn't mention that it did, but when folks started mentioning it to me in order to do a mix I started to notice the resemblance based on the rhythm of "Check Out Time" and I could hear how the sample could fit right in. At that time when I started working on a draft Cpu/DIY acapellas for this song had too much residue of the music from the song making it hard to mix. Nowadays that isn't the case with the newer vocal extraction programs. I never thought about finishing this remix until YouTuber Carlos Lopez asked about it doing it and sent me a donation.
    I used the Johnny J drum instruments that were used in "Check Out Time" except the kick drum is from "How Do U Want It". I also added a clave (tick, tick sound) to fill in some space. I was lazy this time around and just extracted the bass line directly from "Check Out Time" lol, but I did replay the synth whistle and other this synth instrument that plays throughout the song, but I only added them to the hook sections. I cut out the rhodes that play on the "Baby, This Love I Have sample so that I could control the notes and make them do different stuff for the hook sections.
    Last edited by kool81; 05-23-2022, 08:15 PM.

Song

Instrumental
    Last edited by kool81; 05-23-2022, 08:16 PM.

Comment

hey [MENTION=16672]kool81 smooth mix, as always haha now i want a cool drink to it and riding into the sunset

btw the ATCQ - Check The Rhime (Mr. Muhammad's Mix) also got a funky flute in it, which you may could use to replace the AOEM one crazy ideas, but i dont know how 2 mix
      collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

I like it a lot. Dope mix

Comment

Sounds great

Comment

Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X