No announcement yet.

[DL] 2pac forum Presents: DJ LV - 'That was Then, This Is Now The Mixtape" [DL]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The members here talking this tape up weren't wrong!

Amazing tape man, have had smile and when thugz cry on repeat.

Will try give a more detailed review 2nite man.

Comment

Originally posted by LarsVerb View Post
      Sarah smile by hall & outs lol?
      Come on now LV i'm not that dumb..lol

I know the guitar loop is from sara smile, but the bassline and keys sound like they are from another song.

This is the only thing i can think of.. have a listen (remember, just the keys and bassline)

Chorus:]I ain't lookin for a steady thingI ain't lookin for what love bringsI'm still young and I ain't ready babeI'm still lookin for some better daysI don'...

Comment

[MENTION=1903]bubbabyte

I was joking

The beat i used for smile is from after 7 - sara smile. I did a cut and paste job plus i changed some other things.

Comment

Originally posted by LarsVerb View Post
          [MENTION=1903]bubbabyte

I was joking
          I know

Ok the after 7 version has the keys in it.. that the hall and oates version doesn't, it's a nice touch and really adds to the song imo. Either way, brilliant job as always LV!

Comment

Originally posted by bubbabyte View Post
            I know

Ok the after 7 version has the keys in it.. that the hall and oates version doesn't, it's a nice touch and really adds to the song imo. Either way, brilliant job as always LV!
            Thanks alot man, glad u enjoy the tape

Comment

ok mr. LV, heres my little review

the tape is one of the best ones i ever heard

the tracks that stand out the most for me are :

better dayz - love the mellow beat and that song, its just really relaxing
              million dollar spot - not many people mixed this. as always you managed to make it sound good
              how do u want it - well, i like this song because i haven't listened to it while it was released on retail, so now i rediscovered it on this tape
              when thugz cry - love your take on this song, too bad studio acapella isn't available, it would sound even better
              hold on, be strong - possibly one of your best mixes ever period !
              when we ride on our enemies - what can i say....love that beat, sounds as good as og
              soulja story - that leftover song from your previous tape is amazing. beat fits nicely

ok, that was my little review. i give it 8/10 so you can work even harder on your next tape. dont let us down man, he have high expectations

Comment

Originally posted by insanity View Post
                ok mr. LV, heres my little review

the tape is one of the best ones i ever heard

the tracks that stand out the most for me are :

better dayz - love the mellow beat and that song, its just really relaxing
                million dollar spot - not many people mixed this. as always you managed to make it sound good
                how do u want it - well, i like this song because i haven't listened to it while it was released on retail, so now i rediscovered it on this tape
                when thugz cry - love your take on this song, too bad studio acapella isn't available, it would sound even better
                hold on, be strong - possibly one of your best mixes ever period !
                when we ride on our enemies - what can i say....love that beat, sounds as good as og
                soulja story - that leftover song from your previous tape is amazing. beat fits nicely

ok, that was my little review. i give it 8/10 so you can work even harder on your next tape. dont let us down man, he have high expectations
                Thanks man, nice u like it alot . I will try to make my next mixtape even better, It will be real hard

people expect really alot after this mixtape.

Comment

heres my review:

01 - play your cards right (intro)
                  good start for the tape, some nice relaxing shit chorus is dope

02 - better dayz
                  when i first heard it i didnt really like the singin voice on the chorus but now i started 2 like it, love this mix, amazing guitars and flows perfect

03 - million dollar spot
                  this is 1 of my fav mixes on the tape, love the intro and the pella goes dope over this, also a rare mixed acapella

04 - hit em up
                  ofcourse a dope remake beat but nothing id bump again i guess i rather listen 2 the retail

05 - how do u want it
                  another dope mix, flows perfecto luv this beat

06 - smile 4 me
                  another 1 of the highlights on this tape, prolly 1 of the best smile mixes ive heard..

07 - got 2 survive
                  not a fan of this, it all fits together perfectly but its nuttin special i guess abit boring for me

08 - when thugs cry
                  dope mix, nice n relaxing vibe is good on this

09 - po nigga blues
                  oh yeahhhhh!! lovin this mix, another 1 of my favs ! great beat i like the combination of samples u used in this 1 the snares arent always on the same timing (not sure if this is done on purpose or not) but other then that this mix is perfect

10 - hold on be strong
                  cool mix, i like the guitars on this 1 they are only a lil dry imo.. but they are really dope at the outro!

11 - komradz
                  dope westcoast shit, flows really good great beat!!

12 - old school
                  Mix we did together, i really like the remastered version, im glad nikola fixed the voice samples on the chorus, sounds muuuuch better now glad 2 have done a collabo with you.

13 - changed man
                  another banger!!! love everything about this mix! Bangin beat, another rare mixed pella and the quality is very nice!

14 - let them thangs go
                  cool remake beat of Stay True, let them thangs go flows good over this, some cool thug life shit!!

15 - when we ride our enemies
                  Beat is pretty dope, wud be cool if the og hook was on this..overall good ogvibe

16 - street fame
                  yuss another rare pella and also clean! overall very nice mix!

17 - nigga nature
                  i mixed this before aswell but i gotta say this 1 is better then mine! this is the type of mix that can put me in a good mood

18 - dont u trust me bonus
                  a leftover from i am 2pac shakur vol1? wtf man this mix is great..wudve been perfect with a hook though..

19 - soulja story
                  SCC beat right ? reminds me abit of NIGGA OG somehow.. anyways good mix dawg, clean cpu again and flows well !

Overall great mixtape, great covers aswell!! and remastering was really good nikola! what a huge differences i heard between mastered and unmastered

Ill leave feedback for the bonus disc later!

Comment

after bumping this now for a week or so...the standouts for me are:

-hold on, be strong. that sample just never gets old!
                    - let them thangs go. always enjoyed that instrumental from the thug life album, nice to have only pac verses going over it. I like it better than the retail.
                    - how do you want it. I like the layed back vibe in this one
                    - when we ride on our enemies. love the interviews mixed in throughout - definitely adds some depth to the track

and of course

- smile. probably the best redo of a pac track I have ever heard. I love the retail, but I love this one in a completely different way.

honorable mention for niggaz nature. it's growing on me. good mood vibe for the summer.

great job overall, and thanks again to everyone involved!

Comment

Thanks for ur reviews guys, apreciate it alot

Comment

OMG this mixtape is so bad!! :P

nah i'm just fuckin around i'll leave my feedback very soon

1) Play ya cards right intro - it's not bad but i don't like it :P

2) Better Dayz - very good remix! i like it except that chorus

3) Million Dollar Spot - This is the shit! really nice shit! oh shit!

4) Hit Em Up - cpu pella

5) How Do U Want It - DOPE! i love this sample! Really nice song

6) Smile - good but could be better! this sample has so big potential...

To be continued...

Comment

- Play Your Cards Right (Intro) – I didn't like that girl through Pac verse 

- Better Dayz – laid back song. I like sample you used in the hook…. Beat also fits lyrics…

- Million Dollar Spot – I never liked this song so honestly I don't feel it .

- Hit Em Up – similar to leaked demo. Added elements from retail. Nice…

- How Do You Want – I love it man. I adore that hook. Always did. Great, great, great mix.

- Smile 4 Me (Original Vibe) – ok mix, but nothing special imo

- Got to Survive – hm, after OG has leaked I've been listening to this song very much and I love it. Interesting mix, but OG is unbeatable…

- When Thugz Cry – we all know how OG is great. But this mix kept something. Beat fits lyrics and chorus is nice. Girls voice is low, just how I like.

- Po Nigga Blues – same as Million Dollar Spot

- Hold On, Be Strong – I like it better than retail which I never listen. Retail is too "violent". This is just kind of vibe I like…

- Komradz – I've listening Jigz mix for years… This is nice mix, but it seems like something is missing in it. That's why I like other one better. (don't kill me, lmao)

- Old School – I honestly don't feel it. But those scratches after verses are so "old school"

- Changed Man – I know we are not supposed to compare mixtapes with Ogs. OG ov this songs is one of the best Pac DR songs imo. But this remix is great. it has a lot of energy and great change after years of OG listening. Retail is wack anyway. This is so much better than retail.

- Let Them Thangs Go – nice beat which suits lyrics well.

- When We Ride On Our Enemies – OG vibe. As it's title says. Maybe you should put OG hook on it too.

- Street Fame – Retail vibe… I love retail. This mix seems to have problems with pella in some parts but as you used CPU it's normal I suppose. We can clearly hear Mobb deep you die

- Niggaz Nature – I don't like hook. other than that beat is OK and keep up with Pac flow.. Could be listened

- Dont U Trust Me – Seems like OG vibe. You made good beat which suits pella well.

- Soulja Story – Maybe it could be a little darker. But my feeling probably comes from retail version… Other than that, good one too.

In the whole, even though I'm not mixtape man myself, I will keep this mixtape and listen to it, especially some of the songs I really liked…
                          Good job, bro…
                          Last edited by djukak; 07-21-2011, 12:48 PM.
                          2PAC-FORUM.COM REFERENCE SECTION

Comment

[MENTION=472]Đuka

Playa cards right is from the acapella from the pacs life remix, the only way to get a nice cpu.

Thanks for the review . Glad a not really mixtape lover, like the mixtape

Comment

Looks great buddy. Hell yeah

Comment

do 4 love on bonus diskk

could be on the radio today!!

its hot

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X