Makaveli Demo Efrain Remaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blacpain View Post
    nah comon you can do a little bit here and a little bit there but you can not do it like with the masters and a studio.
    like i said in my prev post.

C mon guys show me where i wrote "Professional Studio Remastered". It just a little bit touched shit, im enjoying this, compare Lost Souls WAV and this one, it's sounds better, it's cool. im listening this right now and im really enjoying this it's not like whole different quality.

I wonder how 2nd demo sounds since it have better quality. Of course i don't want it, or i don't give a fuck if it leak or not because im listening and enjoying this leak and i even don't have ideas in my head what i would like to leak next. im 100% sated
    -------------------------------------------
    "anyone that says he's hiding is calling him a coward. leaders don't run and hide. picture the life he lived and who he associated with and you'll know why he's not here anymore"

Comment

whatever he did it does make some of the songs sound a bit better imo ,and he never claimed it to be a complete work of art .

this is his original post at dubcnn....
      Here’s the Makaveli demo that leaked over the 4th of July weekend, remastered by me (surprise, surprise). While it sounds a lot better, there’s no escaping the fact this was a partially mixed demo, probably thrown on some DAT tape that’s been sitting in a moldy cardboard box deteriorating for the past 15 years. Some songs sound pretty good, others sound just OK.

There were several songs I didn’t even bother with because they sounded fine (comparatively) as they were: Bomb First, Blasphemy and Against All Odds. The rest received varying degrees of work. I didn’t add any compression to several of the tracks because they just couldn’t take it (ex. To Live and Die in LA, Friends) and as far as clarity goes, some songs rose to the challenge while others could only be pushed so far. I made everything sounds less muddy, but in some instances in doing so poor mixing and audio deterioration became more noticeable.

In any case, there are 4 songs on zshare to check out below. These are the four that sound best (I considered only uploading these, to be honest). The winner here is Watch Ya Mouth; it sounds GREAT. Very happy with it—best sounding on the whole album. Nice and loud, clear, punchy low end…very good. You can throw this on your retail and it should fit in just fine. 2 live and Die in LA sounds pretty great too. Even though there is not much new, I love the little transitional intro. White Manz World has a different beat, it’s cool, sounds better. And finally, Friends.. not studio CDQ which sucks, but it sounds better any anything else out there. I wish a properly mixed studio quality version would leak already but I digress.
      Last edited by jackcorgi; 07-15-2011, 10:18 PM.
      "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face...." Mike Tyson

Comment

for those who haven't heard it yet - LBC Crew - Haven't You Heard (Efrain dubcnn.com remaster):

Dope album!
        -------------------------------------------
        "anyone that says he's hiding is calling him a coward. leaders don't run and hide. picture the life he lived and who he associated with and you'll know why he's not here anymore"

Comment

yea, he REALLY tightened up the lbc crew album with that, made it (and a few bonus tracks such as head doctor) sound muchhh better.
          i smoke my newport to the butt, like it's the last muthafucka left.

smoke my ports think my thoughts then its back to coastin.

lol for some reason i love 2pac's lines about cigarettes...

but seriously don't smoke kids

Comment

Pure garbage
            As far as anybody in the rap game ever tryin' to assassinate my character, that's impossible. You talkin' about a man who has always walked the walk and talked the talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Thugz View Post
              Pure garbage
              Thugz i like your asshole style

Comment

Makaveli Demo **REMASTERED** (audio)

Hey everyone,

I posted this over on dubcnn late last week and I thought people here may like it too. I've done several of these over the years (unreleased self titled Nate Dogg album, WideAwake LBC Crew album, etc). I took a crack at the Mak demo because it had potential for improvement, although I'm sure there are better original rips of the album out there (which I could make sound even better ).

A little background on the "remastering" here. I use a combination of analog modeled compressors, limiters, high end eq's and various other software to brighten these tracks up and tame the lows and mids that bog them down. It's a garbage in, garbage out proposition so if the inherent audio quality in any of the tracks I work on is sub par the end result suffers too.

I'm not sure what policy is here on posting audio and since I'm new (here, but not to forums) I don't want to ruffle any feathers, so if you're interested then reply and I'll shoot you back a link. Below is my original post from dubcnn

Here’s the Makaveli demo that leaked over the 4th of July weekend, remastered by me (surprise, surprise). While it sounds a lot better, there’s no escaping the fact this was a partially mixed demo, probably thrown on some DAT tape that’s been sitting in a moldy cardboard box deteriorating for the past 15 years. Some songs sound pretty good, others sound just OK.

There were several songs I didn’t even bother with because they sounded fine (comparatively) as they were: Bomb First, Blasphemy and Against All Odds. The rest received varying degrees of work. I didn’t add any compression to several of the tracks because they just couldn’t take it (ex. To Live and Die in LA, Friends) and as far as clarity goes, some songs rose to the challenge while others could only be pushed so far. I made everything sounds less muddy, but in some instances in doing so poor mixing and audio deterioration became more noticeable.

In any case, there are 4 songs on zshare to check out below. These are the four that sound best (I considered only uploading these, to be honest). The winner here is Watch Ya Mouth; it sounds GREAT. Very happy with it—best sounding on the whole album. Nice and loud, clear, punchy low end…very good. You can throw this on your retail and it should fit in just fine. 2 live and Die in LA sounds pretty great too. Even though there is not much new, I love the little transitional intro. White Manz World has a different beat, it’s cool, sounds better. And finally, Friends.. not studio CDQ which sucks, but it sounds better any anything else out there. I wish a properly mixed studio quality version would leak already but I digress.

Like before, listen to the samples then reply in this thread and I’ll shoot you a link. If you feel like it, throw me a rep or two Smiley

Code:
                01-bomb_first_(efrain_remaster_dubcnn.com)
                02-hail_mary_(efrain_remaster_dubcnn.com)
                03-krazy_(efrain_remaster_dubcnn.com)
                04-watch_ya_mouth_(efrain_remaster_dubcnn.com)
                05-2_live_and_die_in_la_(efrain_remaster_dubcnn.com)
                06-friends_(efrain_remaster_dubcnn.com)
                07-blasphemy_(efrain_remaster_dubcnn.com)
                08-hold_ya_head_(efrain_remaster_dubcnn.com)
                09-lost_souls_(efrain_remaster_dubcnn.com)
                10-white_mans_world_(efrain_remaster_dubcnn.com)
                11-niggaz_nature_(efrain_remaster_dubcnn.com)
                12-against_all_odds_(efrain_remaster_dubcnn.com)
                13-hidden_track_(efrain_remaster_dubcnn.com)
                14-when_thugs_cry_(efrain_remaster_dubcnn.com)

Watch Ya Mouth Demo (Remastered)
                The Zshare file hosting providing website had been shut down many few years ago. The new zShare website is a news blog that publishes the latest trending news on the web. So what happened to the old Zshare? As the new owner of the domain zshare.net, I honestly don’t know. The domain had not been

2 Live and Die in LA Demo (Remastered)
                The Zshare file hosting providing website had been shut down many few years ago. The new zShare website is a news blog that publishes the latest trending news on the web. So what happened to the old Zshare? As the new owner of the domain zshare.net, I honestly don’t know. The domain had not been

Friends Demo (Remastered)

White Manz World Demo (Remastered)

Comment

There is already a thread on this for you.

Comment

i co-sign efrain, this guy does quality work and is a good guy! def. get this, ive deleted the other version of the mak demo i had and replaced it with efrain's version, def. better quality than what i had before (not complaining, just my opinion)!
                    Last edited by danIZA; 07-18-2011, 03:41 AM.

Comment

It’s cool, everyone has their opinion. I just wanted to post this here because I joined the other day and someone on dubcc actually suggested this forum might like it—sorry for the double post too I didn’t see this thread. I’m not parading myself as some super forum member or demanding praise; I just thought people would like this. That's all. Sorry if I wasted anyone’s time.

As I said this is by no means a "work of art". Some of the songs I didn't even bother with at all. My initial intention was just to get Friends and Watch Ya Mouth to a point where you could enjoy them without distraction because of over-saturated low ends and dull mids/highs. To that end, I think most people would say that goal was achieved here, and that the overall listening experience improved (substantially).
                      All software used here is some of the best on the market, no winamp eq’s.

Anyways, for those who liked it I’m glad. Friends and WTM came out great and I’m glad I could share/contribute those. For those that didn’t like it, that's cool too. I guess you know not to hit up any of my threads in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by efrain View Post
                        It’s cool, everyone has their opinion. I just wanted to post this here because I joined the other day and someone on dubcc actually suggested this forum might like it—sorry for the double post too I didn’t see this thread. I’m not parading myself as some super forum member or demanding praise; I just thought people would like this. That's all. Sorry if I wasted anyone’s time.

As I said this is by no means a "work of art". Some of the songs I didn't even bother with at all. My initial intention was just to get Friends and Watch Ya Mouth to a point where you could enjoy them without distraction because of over-saturated low ends and dull mids/highs. To that end, I think most people would say that goal was achieved here, and that the overall listening experience improved (substantially).
                        All software used here is some of the best on the market, no winamp eq’s.

Anyways, for those who liked it I’m glad. Friends and WTM came out great and I’m glad I could share/contribute those. For those that didn’t like it, that's cool too. I guess you know not to hit up any of my threads in the future.

I liked the remaster, fuck the haters, they're pure garbage.

Comment

They see me clipping
                          They hatin
                          Patrolling they tryin to catch me clipping dirty
                          Tryin to catch me clipping dirty
                          My music so loud
                          I'm bleeding
                          They hopin that they gon catch me clipping dirty
                          Tryin to catch me clipping dirty.
                          Lol love that song
                          Bryan Anonim
                          Mix & Mastering bryanonim@wp.pl

Comment

efrain your version sounds better for me then what we had before, i deleted the demo i had and now i'm enjoying your version
                            THIS USER WAS BANNED

Comment

Hey man, I must say you did a real good job with this remaster. The quality sounds very good from what I've heard. Friends and Watch Ya Mouth sound great on here. I also liked what you did on White Man'z World and Nigga'z Nature. Those were some of my highlights from this. Great job!

Comment

Is it me or do the songs just sound super flat?

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X