Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*DL* Lil' Prophet Presents 2Pac - The New Breed (Deluxe Edition) **2Pac-Forum Excl**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks given it a download now!

Comment

Originally posted by makaveli502 View Post
      this should be good, im going to listen to this tomm at work. Thanks
      what'd you think?

Comment

Originally posted by realest2947 View Post
        what'd you think?
        Ive listened to most of it, so far im liking it, starring through my reaeview is my fav off here so far, im also liking the gheto star with nate, great production.

Comment

[MENTION=1123]Lil' Prophet

You know I had to check this project out so here goes my review after a handful of listens:

1. Intro - The beat is dope, I forget where I heard this sample. Sounds really familiar but it's too good. Bury Me A G fits very well here.

2. Open Fire - Great pella to use as a opener. I was hoping for the beat to more elements to it but its too much of a loop for me. Still a good mix though.

3. Thug Style - I love the creativity in this mix. The beat sounds modern and vintage Pac at the same damn time. Pac's vocals flow so well over the beat.

4. Lie To Kick It - When I seen this mix had a feature from The Doors, I was curious and was skeptical about it but I think you pulled it off here. Beat is sick and the chorus is great. Good work homie!

5. Starin Thru My Rear View - I'm just a sucker for this fuckin sample. Love the mix and your take on the original. The mix is just too smooth! It's like you came into this like "I'm gonna kill this shit" and you came through.

6. True Colors - Don't really like the placement but that's just personal preference. The vocals and chorus go well together. They compliment each other so great job here!

7. Sleep - Nah man not for me.

8. All We Do - This is a dope mix, homie. I always love when mixers add in guests that don't normally get used. Pac's adlibs makes this feel like a Pac mix.

9. Soon As I Get Home - Dat beat doe! It's looped but still great. This mix is my favorite so far. You and @djmoey did great here. DMX's verse is dope and loved you threw a good cpu on this shit. Love it!

10. Resist The Temptation - Another great mix. This shit is so mellow and is filled with emotion. The sample is beautiful so combined with these lyrics, you just need to sit down and take it all in (no homo)

11. Ghetto Star - Not really feeling for some reason. The O.G. beat's chopped parts kill it for me a bit I guess. I wanted to love the mix since, come on, it's Pac & Nate but yeah, the beat.

12. Show Me - It's an okay mix, not something I would play again. Seems like a filler type of record to me.

13. Mother Love - Damn this shit is flawless. The chorus and verses are just perfect for each other. The sample use is awesome. Great work homie.

14. Are You Afraid To Die - Dem drums bitch! The beat hits hard like it should. Like that the beat changes up here and there or else, the beat would of got repetitive.

15. Believe - Deep mix but not something I'd play again. Not a bad mix at all though, just not for me.

16. High Hopes - The piano is sick on here. Love the chorus and the use of Queen is dope. Pac's verses compliment the beat so much and the interview clips add to the emotion of the song. Great closing track right here homie!

Overall, this tape is pretty damn good. A few fillers but did not take away from me enjoying it. The bonus tracks are good as well and I can see why you made them bonus tracks. You seem to have a thing for sampling great bands so keep doing your thing homie!

MIXTAPE DISCOGRAPHY:
          http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...92711&p=676617

Comment

thank you for this review [MENTION=306]KREW, I'm glad you liked it! gonna hit thanks when I get to my computer.
            www.youtube.com/user/LilProphetMusic
            www.reverbnation.com/LilProphetMusic
            www.facebook.com/LilProphet
            www.twitter.com/LilProphetMusic

Comment

Been listening to the tape this last week - about half of the mixes are going into my 2Pac folder with songs that have replay value. Good work!

Comment

thanks a lot m8, will check this out very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Soul View Post
                  Been listening to the tape this last week - about half of the mixes are going into my 2Pac folder with songs that have replay value. Good work!
                  glad you like it! which songs did you like the most if I can ask?
                  www.youtube.com/user/LilProphetMusic
                  www.reverbnation.com/LilProphetMusic
                  www.facebook.com/LilProphet
                  www.twitter.com/LilProphetMusic

Comment

Originally posted by Lil' Prophet View Post
                    glad you like it! which songs did you like the most if I can ask?
                    Life's So Hard (Lil' Prophet RMX)
                    Cold World (Lil' Prophet RMX)
                    Game of Love (Lil' Prophet RMX)
                    Never Fallin' Down (Lil' Prophet RMX)
                    Never Had a Friend Like Me (Lil' Prophet RMX)
                    Believe (Lil' Prophet RMX)
                    Mother Love (Lil' Prophet RMX)
                    Ghetto Star (Lil' Prophet RMX)
                    Resist the Temptation (Lil' Prophet RMX)
                    Sleep (Lil' Prophet RMX)
                    True Colors (Lil' Prophet RMX)
                    Open Fire (Lil' Prophet RMX)

Comment

dope album, always enjoyed your mixes. especially when u mix freddie mercury with pac, u should make a pac & fredidie mixtappe that would be dope/
                      my fav tracks r #Starin thru my review #true colors (flawless) & #Mother love
                      Last edited by DJ Marcy Marc; 09-10-2014, 06:57 PM. Reason: ....
                      subscribe to my youtube channel - www.youtube.com/DJMarcyMarcRemix

Comment

much props!! merry xmas!

Comment

Thanks bro!

Comment

Maaan, I just love this Can U Get Away mix where you sampled Pachelbel's Canon! This song has been one of the rare tracks from Pac I've never really liked but now I'm listening it on loop because of you! Thanks, great job!!!

Comment

I am going to try this. Can anyone provide me some suggestions about this?

Comment

yea

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X