Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to Start the Ultimate OG Collection (Looking for some help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to Start the Ultimate OG Collection (Looking for some help)

I've had this project on my mind for many years, now being the time I want to act on it. I have a great deal of the OG tracks, most in pretty good condition. My overall plan would be to combine all the OGs, unreleased, alternative tracks etc. into one combine collection at the highest quality possible for each song. In the end, I would hope there would be some sort of medium to share this material with the average 2Pac or rap fan. I don't know the details on how legal this is to distribute, but I would at least want to make an attempt at this if its ok. Ideally I would want to release these like mixtapes, grouped by the album they were released on, and then group the other songs by time it was recorded (ie pre-DR or DR days). Let me know if anyone is interested in helping out, its just through my youtube page I have a bunch of people requesting for these tracks, so Im thinking why not try to help fans out?

I feel like I remember your username from somewhere .........

Comment

Originally posted by Hard2Kill View Post
      I feel like I remember your username from somewhere .........
      youtube?

Comment

Originally posted by OGMak7 View Post
        youtube?
        Maybe. Not sure.

Comment

He's on youtube and on facebook, good guy.

Comment

UTEOT OG mixtape would be nice, I wish we had hq of friendz and breathin

Comment

Originally posted by Hard2Kill View Post
              Maybe. Not sure.
              I also play Madden Ultimate Team? only other community I use this user

Originally posted by Q.q. Shakur View Post
              He's on youtube and on facebook, good guy.
              thanks man, but doesnt being a 2pac fan automatically make you a good person? lol

Originally posted by Mussolini View Post
              on my youtube i posted most of what i have of alt/og tracks from UTEOT, but with this project id want to have the complete collection of alts/OGs for each album in a mixtape as if you were listening to the OG version of UTEOT (having a similar playlist order to the retail version)

Comment

I think every user here has a own og collection.. I did a collection too, but with really good og vibes and best sounding retail versions.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Mussolini View Post

You don't think we have a hq version of Friendz?? we have a really good quality rip of the rough mix and a outstanding version of the "final" one compared to what we where stuck with some years back..
                  I ain't choosing sides
                  Hell nah,fuck everybody
                  It's Westside when I ride watch 4 dead bodies
                  Lyrics are colorful words and anesthetics
                  Problems are getting worked out faster than calisthenics
                  I'm bullet proof
                  Blazed up on top of my man's roof
                  Hands on a fully AK now what 'cha plan to do
                  Moon motherfuckaz til they feel me
                  It's West Coast nigga fuck New York
                  Now did everybody hear me?

Comment

Originally posted by WesleyPipes View Post
                    I think every user here has a own og collection.. I did a collection too, but with really good og vibes and best sounding retail versions.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 2
                    oh im sure a lot of people do, i was thinking of it as more of creating a way for other fans who are new to OGs or not as long/hardcore of a fan to have access to these songs, also a way for people of completing their collections if someone else has a cleaner or higher quality version. just a consolidation of the best available

Comment

thanks man, but doesnt being a 2pac fan automatically make you a good person? lol
                      Yes of course, mayne

Comment

oh im sure a lot of people do, i was thinking of it as more of creating a way for other fans who are new to OGs or not as long/hardcore of a fan to have access to these songs, also a way for people of completing their collections if someone else has a cleaner or higher quality version. just a consolidation of the best available
                        Hey,

I would like this too, I'm not crazy for OG's to search them out to create a database or knowledgeable enough to determine which is genuine, alt, demo, etc. (That's what I think this forum is for) but would still like to have them.. I think a lot are in the VIP section. The only collection I have is Death Row Collection 1-12, DJ Phonkey Dee - OG Remasters Vol 1-8, and I've been looking for 2Pac Evolution: The Definitive Collection & The The Hidden Circle Projects

007 (Admin):
                        And to answer your question, the vast majority of stuff that is posted in VIP, which is basically the entire 300 GB FTP server, is never made public. We will sometimes release leaks in there first, with the intention of releasing them public later. Sometimes also, snakes who turn sour against the site will take content from there, and release it publicly, but we try very hard to prevent that from happening as well.
                        Last edited by SwIFT; 03-20-2014, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SwIFT View Post
                          Hey,

I would like this too, I'm not crazy for OG's to search them out to create a database or knowledgeable enough to determine which is genuine, alt, demo, etc. (That's what I think this forum is for) but would still like to have them.. I think a lot are in the VIP section. The only collection I have is Death Row Collection 1-12, DJ Phonkey Dee - OG Remasters Vol 1-8, and I've been looking for 2Pac Evolution: The Definitive Collection & The The Hidden Circle Projects

007 (Admin):
                          And to answer your question, the vast majority of stuff that is posted in VIP, which is basically the entire 300 GB FTP server, is never made public. We will sometimes release leaks in there first, with the intention of releasing them public later. Sometimes also, snakes who turn sour against the site will take content from there, and release it publicly, but we try very hard to prevent that from happening as well.
                          yeah i think a lot of the work has been done, the gho5t mixtapes helped me out a bunch, but i was just thinking maybe itd be nice to have at least one organized place with them all. still waiting to unlock the download section myself lol

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                          Working...
                          X