in your opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in your opinion

who are the BEST rappers RIGHT NOW...lets keep bashing to a minimum...underground/mainstream, lyricists, radio sellouts, whatever YOU are feeling right now.

at the moment i feel like slaughterhouse is really doing some things to crossover from underground to MINOR mainstream success. a the head of the SH team i dont think anyone is rapping like royce is right, he is always switching delivery and flows and his lyrics are usually tops. joe budden has always been a personal favorite, with MM4 i feel like he is really growing as an artist, his songs are starting to be more structured, not just 6+ minute rants. he has been working on creating hooks too. crooked i has also grown as an artist and hopefully is starting to get the shine and respect he deserves. joell ortiz to me anyway has kind of fallen off, his first album and mixtapes before slaughter house were all great pieces of work and he arguably had the best overall effort on the slaughterhouse LP but after that i dont know if he over-saturated the scene or what but he lost the "wow" factor to me, maybe im just used to his great work but his recent stuff hasnt met the bar he set.

also i have to mention lil wayne, as of the 2 songs i heard after his release from jail i am impressed. i heard that he is writing again and i think it shows. i feel like his work on 6'7' and fire flame were both coherent and pretty good lyrically.

other guys i like are
    -reks, his newest mixtape/album in between the lines v2 is solid.
    -mac miller is doing his thing, not so much the lyricist i usually listen to but he is a good writer and makes fun/catchy music
    -lupe fiasco really excited for his new projects, he always seems to come through with a combination of great lyrics/concepts and deliveries
    -asher roth his new ep with nottz was solid, his debut was hit and miss but his mixtape work has shown signs of hope. hopefully his next album reflects what hes been doing mixtape wise.

^I like 67 from Lil Wayne to, let's hope he maintains that level for the rest of the album

Right now I'm just checking some Game shit, I'm pretty excited about his RED album and I hope that gets released soon. Lupe, JCole, CyHi, Laws, Nippsey Hussle are sick to so I got my eye on any new material they put out.

Those are IMO the best ones right now. But I'm basically just checking random new tracks to see which ones I like the most. You heard the new Talib Kweli track, ''Cold Rain''? That one is pretty dope to. Oh and I almost forgot, the new T.I. shit is pretty hot.. ''Castle Walls'' for example. His voice can get a little annoying sometimes tho lol.
    2Pac hours before he got shot: ''Everybody that get out of jail got good luck!''

Comment

forgot about game! i am def checking for his album, he always puts out a solid project. also good mentions of cole and nipsey, both of there latest mixtapes were good. you have any suggestions for cyhi? he's with GOOD music right?

the new talib is nice, im excited for his new album, you hear about him and his wife fighting at the album listening party?? haha

the new TI is a really good record, i hope he can get his personal shit together, he is making himself look like an ass recently. the guy is too talented to be wrapped up in stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by agent41 View Post
        forgot about game! i am def checking for his album, he always puts out a solid project. also good mentions of cole and nipsey, both of there latest mixtapes were good. you have any suggestions for cyhi? he's with GOOD music right?

the new talib is nice, im excited for his new album, you hear about him and his wife fighting at the album listening party?? haha

the new TI is a really good record, i hope he can get his personal shit together, he is making himself look like an ass recently. the guy is too talented to be wrapped up in stupidity.
        Yeah definetly I was searching for some RED album snippets and this one is from one year ago but hopefully he'll put this track on the album. Start listening from 1:50, sounds really sick;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pYcWKHsaQE]YouTube - The Game in the studio with DJ Haze! The R.E.D. Album![/ame]

As far as CyHi goes, I'm LOVING this track with Laws;
        [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOsHq-r0E2I]YouTube - Laws ft. CyHi Da Prynce - Honor (w/ DL)[/ame]

I didn't hear about Talib and his wife fighting, what's the story behind that? lol

& Now that you mentioned TI's problems it made me think of Kanye West haha. His new album was pretty dope wasn't it? Some don't like him cause he always uses Samples but I like that. Especially ''Blame Game'' was dope off that album. D-ace did a 2Pac remix of that btw, check that out here;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2sg2kjY3iM&feature=fvst]YouTube - 2Pac ft. Kanye West & John Legend - Blame Game (D-Ace Remix - Download Link - Music Video)[/ame]
        2Pac hours before he got shot: ''Everybody that get out of jail got good luck!''

Comment

that game track sounds sick!!
          the cyhi track is awesome, def going to check out more by him.
          there is a rumor talib made a joke about hennessy paying for his wedding or he wouldnt have married her then he flirted with some other girl andhis girl spazzed out lol

kanyes album was really good, it was amazing musically. i think all the leaks took away from its glory tho. that 2pac remix you posted is pretty smooth.

Comment

im glad kanye has been promoting cyhi cus hes got mad skills. my fave verse from him is from "so appalled"

I am so outrageous,
            I wear my pride on my sleeve like a bracelet
            if God had an iPod, I’d be on his playlist
            my phrases amazes the faces in places
            the favourite, huh
            my cup over runneth with hundreds
            dummy, dammit, not like for me to waste it
            the new commandment, thou shall not hate kid
            my movement is like the civil rights I’m Ral Davis
            so call my lady Rosa Parks
            I am nothing like them n-ggas baby those are marks
            I met this girl on Valentines day f-cked her in May