Soulja Boy Blames Nas For 'Killing Hip-Hop'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soulja Boy Blames Nas For 'Killing Hip-Hop'

Just over a week since his sophomore album, iSouljaBoyTellEm, failed to make the same impact as his debut -- opening at a disappointing no. 43 on the Billboard 200 -- Soulja Boy Tell'em took to his YouTube channel to discuss why artists are struggling to sell. What does he say? He names one particular New York artist, who he credits for hip-hop's downfall.

During a video filmed with his friends, Soulja Boy blames Queensbridge legend Nas for "killing hip-hop," explaining that if Nas never made the "Hip Hop Is Dead" statement with the title of his 2006 album, things wouldn't be as bad as they are today.

"The n**** that killed hip-hop for real is Nas, dog. That n**** killed hip-hop," Soulja Boy said in a video on his official YouTube channel. "He came out publicly and said 'Hip-hop is dead,' and after that, everybody started saying 'Hip-hop is dead ... oh sh**, oh sh**.' Think about it? If Nas would've never said 'Hip-hop is dead,' then motherf***ers would never thought it had died. They would have never had that termanology."

Soulja Boy not only says that Nas hurt other artists' chances, but even claims that he hurt his own career with the popular hip-hop term. Now, everybody's losing money, says the teen rapper.

"When he came out with that sh**, it f***ed up everybody's money. He killed his own career with that sh**," he said with a laugh.

"Shut the f*** up and go into the studio, n****. He should've thought that sh** over," Soulja Boy continued.

While the rapper says that artists should not censor their opinions, he suggests that they should do it in a more positive way, referencing self-claims by rappers such as Lil Wayne and T.I., both of which have had success regardless of the music climate.

"Some good sh** to say is 'I'm the best rapper alive.' Just like T.I., that n**** say he the 'King of the south, can't nobody take that from him.' Lil Wayne said he the 'best rapper alive.' At the end of the day, they might argue with the n****, but they gonna say it 'cause he started that sh**," said Soulja Boy.

"Nas came up with the most f***ed up one -- hip-hop is dead. That just f***ed up everything. Don't be dissing on stuff you still gotta do. Hip-hop is dead is some strong ass words."

Soulja Boy released his sophomore album, iSoujaBoyTellEm, earlier this month. Despite the breakout success of his debut, his second album failed to repeat the same success, selling just 46,000 copies to put it at no. 43 on the Billboard 200.
    Source:Ballerstatus.com

Now what are your thoughts about this.

I hate soulja boy and that is simply nothing other than a move to save his new album which didnt selled and maybe save his career. Commercial stunt. Soulja boy is a bitch.

interesting, especially after kanye described souja as new age nas a few weeks ago. furthermore, nas never came out and denounced that claim.

Comment

Nas will always be more than soulja bitch

Comment

Kanye called Soulja a new-age Nas? Wow...the definition of an MC has really changed...
        [Today 12:37 PM] RaRa Outlaw: Vance Cuddlesworth!

Comment

aint nuthin butta publicity stunt because hes ass hurt bout his album not sellin.

Comment

lol now the dude got jumped.

Comment

lol i guess soulja boy shudnt think anymore
              coz ppl like nas didnt kill hiphop
              nas said hiphop is dead coz of ppl like soulja boy killing it... he shud go look in the mirror and lsn to his music then try to justify why his album failed not to throw blame at ppl who actually made a true statement

m not a fan of nas myself but when i hear good music i say so and to be honest i liked that song from the firm ft nas - phone tab but soulja boy? just noise so ya

Comment

Soulja bitch can suck a dick

Comment

Soulja boy just want to get a little fame from the big rappers, no way he can compete with Nas

Comment

fuck the damnn soulja boy!!! omfg
                    that sucker blamed nas for killing hip hop??? damn i wish i could jump this punk...god damn...peace to nas

Comment

soulja boy is gay as fuck..if anybody is killin hip hop its his wack ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                        soulja boy is gay as fuck..if anybody is killin hip hop its his wack ass.
                        Right you are.

Comment

I lmfao when I heard he got robbed...I think he's pretty much done for anywayz his last shit flopped like a mofo lol....

Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete?
                          Proving nature's law is wrong it learned to walk with out having feet.
                          Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams, it learned to breathe fresh air.
                          Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared.

Comment

Hip-Hop is always alive as long as kids can come out of poverty and do somin' positive like music, nigga's like soulja boy is just str8 they own type of industry they a dance or crunk music type nigga they aint no hip-hop can't kill it if you aint ever in it, ice-T just mad cuase he goin' thru menopause, nas mad cuase lil wayne sold more copies den him and im made cuase no ones shot Drake that fake nigga ain't shit

Comment

I don't see what everyone has against SB...he's a party rapper, there were party rappers durin' the golden age. Nobody gives them ish.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X