No announcement yet.

Eminem Explains Slim Shady, "It Allows Me To Have An Excuse To Be An A**hole"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminem Explains Slim Shady, "It Allows Me To Have An Excuse To Be An A**hole"

Grammy-winning rapper Eminem recently spoke on his rap alias "Slim Shady" and why his controversially comedic character will live on past his run in the rap game.

In addition to describing his motivation behind Shady, Em also explained what thoughts he had prior to making his rap comeback earlier this year.

"Yeah, Slim Shady don't die, it's a character I've created on this record," Em explained in an interview. "I don't feel it's any different than a character in a movie, or 'South Park' or 'Family Guy.' Like, I don't feel like it's much different than that. It allows me to have an excuse to be an a**hole. At the end of the day, I'm an artist and this is my art. As f*cked up as it may seem or people may think it is or as ridiculous as these thoughts may be, I think that I'm an artist. It's kinda like almost making a painting. And if the painting is f*cked up, it's f*cked up but this is how I was feeling this day. Many times when I was thinking about how I wanted to come back and what I wanted to do, every time would be the same answer. People wanna see you wild the f*ck out again. They wanna see you lose your mind again." (101 Barz)
    In addition to debuting at No. 1 with Relapse last May, Em has already sold over a million records of his latest solo project.

Grammy-winning rapper Eminem's Relapse also remained in its same spot at No. 9 with 34,100. With two months under his belt, Slim Shady's fifth solo release has sold 1,241,500 records. (SOHH Sales Wrap)
    Aside from music, he is reportedly being considered for a movie role alongside Mark Wahlberg.

"We were supposed to do this boxing movie together," Wahlberg said in an interview with DJ Whoo Kid about Matt Damon. "We were going to play brothers and I don't think he's really feeling up to it so maybe we'll get Eminem to play the part. It's because we want two guys with some real edge and I think he was attached to play one of the parts at one point. Me and him actually talked on the phone while I was in Philly making another movie so um, either that or my brother. There's not too many people that can be believed in as being brothers, maybe half brothers but still, these guys had a really hard life. We want it to kinda feel authentic as opposed to getting some soft Hollywood act." (Radio Planet TV)

The movie with Mark Wahlberg looks great. Always been a fan of Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post
      The movie with Mark Wahlberg looks great. Always been a fan of Mark.
      yep, Four Brothers was a great movie.

Comment

i always thought mark kind of didnt like em, but dam that is nice!!

they wanted em to play the villain in "the shooter" against mark wahlberg too.

now if we can get a mark/em collaboration well that would be great!!

Comment

^^ from what i heard they always had love for each other, em did mention mark in his first albums a lil

but i dont think we will see mark ever rap again

Comment

Lol at the slim shady part...I thought hed said what he wanted either way lol....

Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete?
            Proving nature's law is wrong it learned to walk with out having feet.
            Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams, it learned to breathe fresh air.
            Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared.

Comment

lol at 1.2mil after like 3 months
              mmlp sold tht one week
              guess tht what limewire n torrents does tht to record sales
              Bushi.until i get free says (22:15):
              the weed yeah
              first it was fucking me up coz i was thinking deeper
              but then was lik
              oh a fucking octopus

Comment

I wish I could have an excuse to be an asshole.

Comment

It would be good to see them together in a film.
                  I like mark as an actor , he is good , but i prefer matt damon.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                  Working...
                  X