Diddy's Bad Boy Records Sued Over Day26 Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diddy's Bad Boy Records Sued Over Day26 Record

Diddy's Bad Boy Records has reportedly been sued over a copyright infringement claim which states Day26's "Just Getting Started" was unauthorized.
    Click here to find out more!

The disputed record stems from the group's Forever in a Day album which debuted at No. 2 on Billboard's Top 100 last spring.

P. Diddy handpicked Day 26 in Season 4 of "Making the Band" -- and now they're being accused of handpicking one of their new songs straight from someone else's album! In a copyright infringement notice fired off to Bad Boy Records -- the company ran and founded by Diddy -- singer Kirby Shields alleges his song "I'm Just Getting Started" is "identical" to Day 26's "Just Getting Started," released in April. And here's the rub: Shields says the copycat track was produced by Christian Davis Stalnecker, the same producer he hired to work "exclusively" for him back in '07. (TMZ)

"Just Getting Started" was featured on the group's sophomore project.

Diddy's boy band Day26 debuted one slot behind the Hannah Montana Soundtrack as Forever in a Day secured the No. 2 spot. According to Nielsen Soundscan, the group's latest project pushed 113,300 copies after seven days in stores. (SOHH Sales Wrap)

Puffy's company made headlines earlier this year after the label's artist Yung Joc said he has not received royalties and advances for his first two albums.

"I haven't been paid any royalties since I've been out, after over a million albums sold," Joc said in an interview. "For my first album, they gave me a $25,000 advance when I was supposed to get more...Then I had a million dollar budget for my second album, never even got an advance off of it. For the third one they hit me with another $25,000, like I'm some chump in this sh*t. And I just got tired of it...Diddy said he's got to stay out of it because it's between me and Block Entertainment. I was never signed to Block Entertainment, but they've been interfering with a lot of my business. I feel like [Bad Boy] isn't doing anything to try to intervene and help the situation." (Billboard)

Aside from legal issues, Diddy recently updated fans on the status of Last Train to Paris.

"I've just been dealing with certain frustrations with the way a record company, even myself, has been programed to roll out a record," Puff said in his latest video blog. "I'm excited to do some exciting and innovative things with the roll-out of this Last Train to Paris and I want you guys to be receptive to it. I wanna roll-out some singles, some videos, some visual representations that's not about radio play, that's not about sales, that's not about if you think it's a hit record you can hear it 30 or 40 times. It's about a feeling, it's about a sound, it's about a movement, it's about a style." (Diddy's Blog)

Source:
    Diddy's Bad Boy Records Sued Over Day26 Record | SOHH.com

Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete?
    Proving nature's law is wrong it learned to walk with out having feet.
    Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams, it learned to breathe fresh air.
    Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared.

ahhaha
    i never really liked the r&b artists from diddy anyway
    F-N-F
    THE REMIX KING
    / Certified Music Critic

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X